PDA

View Full Version : Re: Viva la SpotBot!!!

Joe Canuck
January 24th 06, 02:50 AM
Margarita Salt wrote:

> I don't know if anyone else here has mentioned this, but I recently
> bought a SpotBot, the walk-away carpet spot cleaner, and I LOVE IT! I
> bought originally because it would be less expensive than replacing the
> car seat cover in my car if I could get the ink out. Since Kami's
> downhill slide, I've used it a bit more... Also, the sudden change in
> food isn't agreeing well with her tummy on the exit side, and she's
> wiped her bum on the rug a few times. I just set down the SpotBot and
> it's GONE! A major recommendation for cat households. The best 120-
> bucks I've spent (other than the vet bill for Kami).

Right. Zippidy do da... just like that!

....and your carpet ends up with these circle spots all over. Guests
think the aliens have had a field day with your carpet.

Oh wait, I forgot. You are here taking it 'out' on us so you don't have
to take it 'out' on Kami.

Magic Mood JeepŠ
January 24th 06, 01:46 PM
Joe Canuck wrote:
> Margarita Salt wrote:
>
>> I don't know if anyone else here has mentioned this, but I recently
>> bought a SpotBot, the walk-away carpet spot cleaner, and I LOVE IT! I
>> bought originally because it would be less expensive than
>> replacing the car seat cover in my car if I could get the ink out. Since
>> Kami's downhill slide, I've used it a bit more... Also, the
>> sudden change in food isn't agreeing well with her tummy on the exit
>> side, and she's wiped her bum on the rug a few times. I just set
>> down the SpotBot and it's GONE! A major recommendation for cat
>> households. The best 120- bucks I've spent (other than the vet bill
>> for Kami).
>
> Right. Zippidy do da... just like that!
>
> ...and your carpet ends up with these circle spots all over. Guests
> think the aliens have had a field day with your carpet.

I have one of those too, good for doggie oopsies! And yes, it does leave
clean 'dots' on the carpet!

However, I have only used the cleaning fluid in it once - the first time I
used it. since then I have either used just plain water (hot works best) or
sometimes I've used Nature's Miracle in it. I only put about 1 cup of
liquid in it, then run it on the 6 minute program *twice* - if running it
while there's no liquid in the reservoir, it gets all that much more liquid
out of the carpet. Then I cover the clean spot with a towel, so I don't end
up with a dirty spot by walking on it and the dirt sticking to the damp
carpet.

But you'd be amazed at the dirt it sucks up - from a supposedly *clean*
carper!

January 25th 06, 07:07 AM
wrote:
> Margarita Salt > wrote:
>
> >I wondered if it would do well with just plain water.

I can't see my feet anymore
what can I do

PawsForThought
January 25th 06, 02:45 PM
wrote:I only use hot water in my
carpet steamer. Its amazing how much soap
> remains in the carpet. I started this way back when a cat I had years
> ago (Griffin) was always licking his stomach causing little sores. It
> was part of my regimen to eliminate all chemicals which worked for
> Griff, but I never found out for sure what was causing the skin
> allergy.

I use a steam cleaner on my floors and it works great. I never liked
the thought of using chemicals, then the cat walks across the still
damp floor, and then licks her paws. The steam cleaner uses only water
and gets the floor very clean.

mlbriggs
January 25th 06, 06:55 PM
On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 22:07:55 -0800,

>> Margarita Salt > wrote:
>>
>> >I wondered if it would do well with just plain water.
>>

> I can't see my feet anymore
> what can I do

get down on the floor; raise both legs high in the air; peddle like you
are on a bike; keep up for half an hour and do daily forever. Also --
don't eat so much. MLB

John Doe
January 25th 06, 09:14 PM
A nym shifting troll.

See also:
"-L." <bigbadbarry adelphia.net>
"a christmas tree"
"abRokeNegRo"
"bag-o-switches"
"black-ip"
"chickenwing"
"coffeedog"
"hamandche betweentheknees.com"
"johndoeisadick"
"Levon"
"Mr Tibbs"
"Prozack"
"wannabe"
"watermelon"
"whitershadeofpale"

"hamandche... betweentheknees.com" <bigbadbarry adelphia.net> wrote:

> From: "hamandche... betweentheknees.com" <bigbadbarry adelphia.net>
> Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
> Subject: Re: Viva la SpotBot!!!
> Date: 24 Jan 2006 22:07:55 -0800
>

> hamandcheese betweentheknees.com wrote:
>> Margarita Salt <brandyAlx kittylittercomcast.net> wrote:
>>
>> >I wondered if it would do well with just plain water.
>>

> I can't see my feet anymore
> what can I do

January 25th 06, 10:37 PM
" > wrote:

wrote:
>> Margarita Salt > wrote:
>>
>> >I wondered if it would do well with just plain water.
>>

>I can't see my feet anymore
>what can I do

Somebody is using my nym here.

-mhd

Joe Canuck
January 25th 06, 11:02 PM

wrote:

>>I can't see my feet anymore
>>what can I do
>

> Somebody is using my nym here.
>
> -mhd

Check the headers.

NMR
January 25th 06, 11:16 PM

wrote:

>>I can't see my feet anymore
>>what can I do
>
> Somebody is using my nym here.

It is Barry aka a too many alias to list He is using a lot of our
display names

January 25th 06, 11:27 PM

wrote:

>>>I can't see my feet anymore
>>>what can I do
>>

>> Somebody is using my nym here.
>>
>> -mhd
>
>Check the headers.

I did (just wanted to make sure the cats weren't using my computer),
it was posted through google which I never use. Obviously it was
Barry.

-mhd

Magic Mood JeepŠ
January 26th 06, 12:06 AM
wrote:

> >I can't see my feet anymore
> >what can I do

<snip...good advice>

> Somebody is using my nym here.

it's still good advice, heh fat ass?

who you gotta know to get plonked around here.

Im in the mood for a good plonking.

this IS hump day

NMR
January 26th 06, 01:27 AM

Barry are you ok or what

What is going on you are being a real pain today
I have defended you to everyone since I joined the groups. You are not
making it easy today
Would you please knock it off