PDA

View Full Version : My cats and the mole

223rem
January 27th 06, 02:31 AM
I found a mole (?) running around in the house, and my cats were not really
interested in pursuing it and attacking it like they did in the
past with mice, bunnies, chipmunks. I had to pick it up and throw
it out myself. I wonder if the cats were afraid of it. Isnt it unusual
for the cats to not attack a rat-sized animal?

The supposed mole:

http://i1.tinypic.com/mm4eg5.jpg
http://i1.tinypic.com/mm4ep4.jpg

Leslie Collins
January 27th 06, 02:34 AM
My husband and I looked at the picture...maybe it looks like a baby kitten
to them? Or, maybe it smells different? Moves different?

Probably not any more helpful than where you were :)

Leslie
"223rem" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]_s72...
>I found a mole (?) running around in the house, and my cats were not really
> interested in pursuing it and attacking it like they did in the
> past with mice, bunnies, chipmunks. I had to pick it up and throw
> it out myself. I wonder if the cats were afraid of it. Isnt it unusual
> for the cats to not attack a rat-sized animal?
>
> The supposed mole:
>
> http://i1.tinypic.com/mm4eg5.jpg
> http://i1.tinypic.com/mm4ep4.jpg

PawsForThought
January 27th 06, 02:40 AM
223rem wrote:
>> The supposed mole:
>
> http://i1.tinypic.com/mm4eg5.jpg
> http://i1.tinypic.com/mm4ep4.jpg

Wow, that looks like a pretty big mole. I actually saw one today
outside where I work, but it was much smaller. I'm surprised your cats
didn't go after it. I know mine would have gone mental.

223rem
January 27th 06, 02:48 AM
PawsForThought wrote:
> 223rem wrote:
>
>>>The supposed mole:
>>
>>http://i1.tinypic.com/mm4eg5.jpg
>>http://i1.tinypic.com/mm4ep4.jpg
>

> Wow, that looks like a pretty big mole. I actually saw one today
> outside where I work, but it was much smaller. I'm surprised your cats
> didn't go after it. I know mine would have gone mental.

Now since moles live underground, I imagine that they wont spontaneously
leave the grass, climb onto a wooden porch, and then into a house through
an open window. So maybe one of the cats brought it into the house and
got bored with it and let it go?

cybercat
January 27th 06, 03:34 AM
"223rem" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]_s72...
> I found a mole (?) running around in the house, and my cats were not
really
> interested in pursuing it and attacking it like they did in the
> past with mice, bunnies, chipmunks.

I know this disappointed you greatly.

Asshole.

Judy
January 27th 06, 04:27 AM
"223rem" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]_s72...
>I found a mole (?) running around in the house, and my cats were not really
> interested in pursuing it and attacking it like they did in the
> past with mice, bunnies, chipmunks. I had to pick it up and throw
> it out myself. I wonder if the cats were afraid of it. Isnt it unusual
> for the cats to not attack a rat-sized animal?
>
> The supposed mole:
>
> http://i1.tinypic.com/mm4eg5.jpg
> http://i1.tinypic.com/mm4ep4.jpg

I've just done a little search on moles and was surprised to see that they
can grow to 8"! I've only ever seen ones half that size.

It's interesting that this "beast" was found in your home.

The only animal of that size my cat has ever encountered are squirrels and
she's never gone after them. I don't know for sure, but have a feeling that
cats normally don't go after things larger than a certain size.

223rem
January 27th 06, 06:05 AM
cybercat wrote:
> "223rem" > wrote in message
> news:[email protected]_s72...
>
>>I found a mole (?) running around in the house, and my cats were not
>
> really
>
>>interested in pursuing it and attacking it like they did in the
>>past with mice, bunnies, chipmunks.
>

> I know this disappointed you greatly.

It did.

> Asshole.

Why? I love my cats and treat them very well.

Charlie Wilkes
January 27th 06, 09:21 AM
On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 01:31:21 GMT, 223rem > wrote:

>I found a mole (?) running around in the house, and my cats were not really
>interested in pursuing it and attacking it like they did in the
>past with mice, bunnies, chipmunks. I had to pick it up and throw
>it out myself. I wonder if the cats were afraid of it. Isnt it unusual
>for the cats to not attack a rat-sized animal?
>
>The supposed mole:
>
>http://i1.tinypic.com/mm4eg5.jpg
>http://i1.tinypic.com/mm4ep4.jpg

That little bald tail grossed them out and they didn't want to get
near it.

How did a mole get into your house???

Charlie

cybercat
January 27th 06, 03:20 PM
"Charlie Wilkes" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 01:31:21 GMT, 223rem > wrote:
>
> >I found a mole (?) running around in the house, and my cats were not
really
> >interested in pursuing it and attacking it like they did in the
> >past with mice, bunnies, chipmunks. I had to pick it up and throw
> >it out myself. I wonder if the cats were afraid of it. Isnt it unusual
> >for the cats to not attack a rat-sized animal?
> >
> >The supposed mole:
> >
> >http://i1.tinypic.com/mm4eg5.jpg
> >http://i1.tinypic.com/mm4ep4.jpg
>
> That little bald tail grossed them out and they didn't want to get
> near it.
>
> How did a mole get into your house???

He brought it in because he enjoys watching little creatures be tormented
and ripped apart, silly.