PDA

View Full Version : cat getting sick on all foods

January 29th 06, 06:35 PM
We have a cat about 12 years old, long hair, who used to throw up all
the time, at least once a week. Then we switched food and she was
fine..for a while, then it would start again. So we switched again and
she was fine for a while, but then it started again. It's as if she's
fine a new food for a while but then will develope an allergy or some
kind of problem with it. Has anyone else been in a similar situation?

Gail
January 29th 06, 06:48 PM
She needs to see a vet. She is a geriatric cat and at this age can develop
diseases whose symptoms include vomiting (ie chronic renal failure,
inflammatory bowel disease, and others).
Gail
> wrote in message
oups.com...
> We have a cat about 12 years old, long hair, who used to throw up all
> the time, at least once a week. Then we switched food and she was
> fine..for a while, then it would start again. So we switched again and
> she was fine for a while, but then it started again. It's as if she's
> fine a new food for a while but then will develope an allergy or some
> kind of problem with it. Has anyone else been in a similar situation?

mlbriggs
January 29th 06, 07:10 PM
On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 10:35:08 -0800, gregf wrote:

> We have a cat about 12 years old, long hair, who used to throw up all
> the time, at least once a week. Then we switched food and she was
> fine..for a while, then it would start again. So we switched again and
> she was fine for a while, but then it started again. It's as if she's
> fine a new food for a while but then will develope an allergy or some
> kind of problem with it. Has anyone else been in a similar situation?

What about hairballs? Do you observe what she gives up? There are many
remedies available for hairballs that might be of help. MLB

January 29th 06, 07:38 PM
I don't think it's hairballs, it's all food.

January 29th 06, 09:12 PM
Is she constipated? It could be hairballs plugging her up.

She should see the vet. It could be hyperthyroidism, too.

Rhonda
January 30th 06, 02:26 AM
There are some prescription allergy foods out there that don't have the
grains, etc., that many cats are allergic too.

Have your vet check her over to rule out anything else, then talk to
him/her about allergies.

Our cat was on an allergy food for a few years to help with some
pancreas problems.

Rhonda