PDA

View Full Version : Re: Kami not eating again :(

PawsForThought
January 31st 06, 01:50 PM
Margarita Salt wrote:
> Kami stopped eating again, including the Fancy Feast. I gave her
> fluids and a quarter Pepcid last night and she ate a little this
> evening, but not much. She did, however, have a great interest in the
> sour cream from din-din. It's like a toddler that only wants junk
> food.

Have you contacted her vet? You might want to ask him about an
appetite stimulant such as Periactin.

Candace
February 1st 06, 03:23 AM
PawsForThought wrote:
> Margarita Salt wrote:
> > Kami stopped eating again, including the Fancy Feast. I gave her
> > fluids and a quarter Pepcid last night and she ate a little this
> > evening, but not much. She did, however, have a great interest in the
> > sour cream from din-din. It's like a toddler that only wants junk
> > food.
>
> Have you contacted her vet? You might want to ask him about an
> appetite stimulant such as Periactin.

That always "kick-started" my late CRF cat (sweet Cory). I really hope
Kami will bounce back and have a good long time left with you, Brandy.

Candace

dgk
February 1st 06, 01:48 PM
On 1 Feb 2006 04:08:30 GMT, Margarita Salt
> wrote:

>Candace > wrote in rec.pets.cats.health+behav:
>
>> PawsForThought wrote:
>>>
>>> Have you contacted her vet? You might want to ask him about an
>>> appetite stimulant such as Periactin.
>>
>> That always "kick-started" my late CRF cat (sweet Cory). I really
>> hope Kami will bounce back and have a good long time left with
>> you, Brandy.
>>
>> Candace
>>

>I mentioned in another thread that I gave her a taco. Something about
>chicken, cheese and sour cream she can't resist. After that, I changed
>out the food in her bowl (even though none was eaten) and put one of
>the new flavors in it I picked. It seems Chicken Hearts and Livers is
>also irresistable. Perhaps she didn't like any of the THREE flavors I
>bought last time. I dunno. I can't imagine even the most obstinate
>cat starving itself because it wants oragn meats over fish that day (or
>two). I just don't understand my kid sometimes. ;)

Cats are weird Brandy. My favorite trick is when you find a food that
they really like and buy a bunch. Then they decide they don't like it
anymore. But I haven't tried them on tacos. Was that a real taco or a
Taco Bell type? Hard or soft?

Phil P.
February 1st 06, 02:23 PM
"Margarita Salt" > wrote in message
> PawsForThought > wrote in
> rec.pets.cats.health+behav:
>

> > Margarita Salt wrote:
> >> Kami stopped eating again, including the Fancy Feast. I gave her
> >> fluids and a quarter Pepcid last night and she ate a little this
> >> evening, but not much. She did, however, have a great interest
> >> in the sour cream from din-din. It's like a toddler that only
> >> wants junk food.
> >
> > Have you contacted her vet? You might want to ask him about an
> > appetite stimulant such as Periactin.
> >

> I put that in the email I sent her this morning.

Didn't "the best vet in world" suggest warming up her food and maybe adding
a little warm bacon fat? A little- just a little- warm bacon fat even works
wonders on k/d and x/d.

-L.
February 1st 06, 07:16 PM
Margarita Salt wrote:
> dgk > wrote in rec.pets.cats.health+behav:
>
> > Cats are weird Brandy. My favorite trick is when you find a food that
> > they really like and buy a bunch. Then they decide they don't like it
> > anymore. But I haven't tried them on tacos. Was that a real taco or a
> > Taco Bell type? Hard or soft?
>
> It was a Taco Bell chicken soft taco. I had expected a beef taco
> because the combo included that and I only ordered the burrito as
> chicken. Kami really likes their taco meat for some reason, but I
> guess the chicken is probably better given her tummy and the spices at
> the moment. She got the chicken, some cheese and some sour cream, and
> I got the rest (threw out the tomatoes).

Have you tried cooking her some ground beef or chicken with some
garlic? The garlic alone might be enough to entice her.

-L.

Rhonda
February 2nd 06, 06:00 AM
Margarita Salt wrote:

> :::GASP::: That's from the ONION family!!! ;)

Yah, I think garlic can cause that strange anemia, just like onions.

Hope Kami keeps eating, even if you have to buy some air freshener...

Rhonda

Joe Canuck
February 2nd 06, 10:59 AM
Rhonda wrote:

> Margarita Salt wrote:
>

>> :::GASP::: That's from the ONION family!!! ;)
>

> Yah, I think garlic can cause that strange anemia, just like onions.
>
> Hope Kami keeps eating, even if you have to buy some air freshener...
>
> Rhonda

I don't think you caught the sarcasm with Brandy's aka Margarita Salt's
comment.

There was a big fuss in here a while back after she mentioned about
feeding her own cat onions. We were all concerned about it for Kami's
sake while Brandy was busy defending feeding onions to cats.

dgk
February 2nd 06, 01:20 PM
On 1 Feb 2006 14:25:55 GMT, Margarita Salt
> wrote:

>dgk > wrote in rec.pets.cats.health+behav:
>
>> Cats are weird Brandy. My favorite trick is when you find a food that
>> they really like and buy a bunch. Then they decide they don't like it
>> anymore. But I haven't tried them on tacos. Was that a real taco or a
>> Taco Bell type? Hard or soft?
>
>It was a Taco Bell chicken soft taco. I had expected a beef taco
>because the combo included that and I only ordered the burrito as
>chicken. Kami really likes their taco meat for some reason, but I
>guess the chicken is probably better given her tummy and the spices at
>the moment. She got the chicken, some cheese and some sour cream, and
>I got the rest (threw out the tomatoes).

Thanks. I often commute by bike and there is a Taco Bell on the way
home so sometimes I drop in. I'll pick up a chicken taco and beef taco
and let the boys choose. I'm hoping that Kami keeps mowing them down.