PDA

View Full Version : Re: Behavior problems

Cheryl_Is_Freak_John_Doe_And_NMR_Is_Freakkky_deeky
February 1st 06, 01:00 AM
Glitter Ninja wrote:

> Any advice at all is appreciated.
>
> Stacia

I think you should put him in a room and shut the door for about a cat
hour.
Just use it as a form of discipline.

Once you put him in the room, the stressor is removed!
everybodies happy. If he comes out and does the same trifling things.
put him back in for another hour.

That's what I would do.

Good Luck!

Glitter Ninja
February 1st 06, 01:19 AM
"Cheryl_Is_Freak_John_Doe_And_NMR_Is_Freakkky_deeky _too" > writes:

>I think you should put him in a room and shut the door for about a cat
>hour.
>Just use it as a form of discipline.

We do. We call it putting him "in the cooler", like in the movie The
Great Escape ;) Happens the most often at dinner time but we do it
other times as well. More than an hour or so and he gets lonely and
upset and sometimes vomits in remorse.

Stacia

Mr Tibbs
February 1st 06, 01:54 AM
Glitter Ninja wrote:

> We do. We call it putting him "in the cooler", like in the movie The
> Great Escape ;) Happens the most often at dinner time but we do it
> other times as well. More than an hour or so and he gets lonely and
> upset and sometimes vomits in remorse.
>
> Stacia

Wow, who would have thought you lived with all this drama
you never said nothing.

I too would be at a loss.

You know, he may not act like that if he was placed somewhere else.
I realize this could have a negative impact on Simon, being re-homed.

Do you keep food out all the time? After you feed them are the plates
empty?

I'm sold on keeping more than enough food out, even if it's just a
little more than they need.

Someone says, they will get fat...no they won't. They will regulate
out.

I believe with all my heart, this will stop the vomiting. He is doing
this from fullness, and possibly nervousness; that may surround feeding
times. I can go eat what I want right now, therefor when I do go eat
something, I don't eat it quick...(if that's the case)...you know..., I
don't eat it like it's my last meal.

just keep more food out. They will get full several times over before
they realize the food is not going anywhere. Then they will lose
weight, they will eat at various times...they will never compete (there
is no competition, there is always food out)