PDA

View Full Version : Question about Littermate

February 1st 06, 02:09 PM
Hopefully someone can help me. I received a donation of two littermate
automatic litterboxes (the single cat version). They both came without
the adapter. I tried battery use, but they expire very quickly. Can
anyone who has a littermate at home look at the adapater and let me
know the output voltage, so I can go out and buy a universal adapter?
Littermate customer service couldn't (or wouldn't???) tell me.

Thanks, Petra

February 1st 06, 07:55 PM
First of all, how many batteries does this unit take?

Common voltages for A, C and D batteries is 1.5 volts

2 = 3 volts
4 = 6 volts
8 = 12 volts

Once you determine the number of batteries you can narrow the range of
adapter voltages. Also be aware that these things draw at least 500
milliamps of power, so get an adapter that is rated at no less than 500
ma.

You will also need to determine the polarity of the power jack on the
back of the litter box. The polarity may be stamped on the unit near
the power jack. If not, you can use a multi-meter to check. Test from
the 'outer' terminal of the jack, (not the center pin) to one of the
tabs in the battery compartment where the ' - ' side of the battery
connects. If you get a reading then you will know the outer sleeve is
negative. If not then do the same test only testing to where the ' + '
side of the battery goes, if you get a reading then the center pin is
negative.

Hope this helps

Craig

Adam Helberg
February 2nd 06, 03:47 AM
> wrote in message
ups.com...
> Hopefully someone can help me. I received a donation of two littermate
> automatic litterboxes (the single cat version). They both came without
> the adapter. I tried battery use, but they expire very quickly. Can
> anyone who has a littermate at home look at the adapater and let me
> know the output voltage, so I can go out and buy a universal adapter?
> Littermate customer service couldn't (or wouldn't???) tell me.
>
> Thanks, Petra

The "adapter" on my Littermaid 950 is actually a transformer, with output of 12 AC
0.5amp.

Adam

February 19th 06, 01:48 PM
Adam Helberg schrieb:

> > wrote in message
> > Can anyone who has a littermate at home look at the adapater and let me
> > know the output voltage, so I can go out and buy a universal adapter?
> > Littermate customer service couldn't (or wouldn't???) tell me.

> The "adapter" on my Littermaid 950 is actually a transformer, with output of 12 AC
> 0.5amp.
>
> Adam

Thank you Adam, that was exactly what I needed :-)