PDA

View Full Version : Is this a wart or what?

Richard Evans
February 2nd 06, 09:54 PM
While grooming my long haired cat, I saw what, at first glance,
appeared to be a bloated tick. When I tried to remove it, I found it
is actually a growth on the skin. It's about a quarter inch in
diameter, raised, shiny, and black, as if it were a blood blister.

Any idea what it is?

Mr Tibbs
February 2nd 06, 09:58 PM
Richard Evans wrote:

> Any idea what it is?

uh..don't pick at it

just leave it alone please

howd you like to wake up and the cat is picking at a growth on you

everytime you goto sleep or ain't looking, he's there picking at it

picking and pick pick pick

Mr Tibbs
February 2nd 06, 10:26 PM
Richard Evans wrote:
> While grooming my long haired cat...

and I mean it!

February 3rd 06, 12:01 AM
It might be an abcess make sure you don't pick at it and take it in to
the vet as soon as you can!

-L.
February 3rd 06, 12:39 AM
Richard Evans wrote:
> While grooming my long haired cat, I saw what, at first glance,
> appeared to be a bloated tick. When I tried to remove it, I found it
> is actually a growth on the skin. It's about a quarter inch in
> diameter, raised, shiny, and black, as if it were a blood blister.
>
> Any idea what it is?

Probably a wart or a growth. Keep an eye on it - if it continues to
grow or change, take kitty to the vet. Either way, next time you are
in, have the vet check it.
-L.