PDA

View Full Version : Lump on gum?

SoundCat
February 4th 06, 06:38 AM
Yesterday night I noticed that my cat had a reddish, swollen area on the
front of his lower jaw. If he had a lip, it would be on the center of his
lower lip. It looks almost as if his tounge is hanging out slightly (but it
isn't). It doesn't seem to be painful, because I gently touched it and he
didn't seem to be in discomfort. He's scarfing his food down, so it doesn't
seem to bother him to eat. He seems to be perfectly healthy otherwise. Any
ideas? Should I take him to the vet now or should I wait a few days? I'm
really worried.

Alison
February 4th 06, 09:55 AM
http://www.marvistavet.com/html/body_eosinophilic_granuloma.html
"SoundCat" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Yesterday night I noticed that my cat had a reddish,
swollen area on the
> front of his lower jaw. If he had a lip, it would be on
the center of his
> lower lip. It looks almost as if his tounge is hanging
out slightly (but it
> isn't). It doesn't seem to be painful, because I gently
touched it and he
> didn't seem to be in discomfort. He's scarfing his food
down, so it doesn't
> seem to bother him to eat. He seems to be perfectly
healthy otherwise. Any
> ideas? Should I take him to the vet now or should I wait
a few days? I'm
> really worried.>>

It might be this -
http://www.marvistavet.com/html/body_eosinophilic_granuloma.html

My cat gets this sometimes, it's an allergic reaction and
the vet gives her a steroid shot.
Alison

February 4th 06, 10:23 AM
SoundCat wrote:
> Yesterday night I noticed that my cat had a reddish, swollen area on the
> front of his lower jaw. If he had a lip, it would be on the center of his
> lower lip. It looks almost as if his tounge is hanging out slightly (but it
> isn't). It doesn't seem to be painful, because I gently touched it and he
> didn't seem to be in discomfort. He's scarfing his food down, so it doesn't
> seem to bother him to eat. He seems to be perfectly healthy otherwise. Any
> ideas? Should I take him to the vet now or should I wait a few days? I'm
> really worried.

Eosinophilic granuloma complex. Tooth abscess. Tumor.

If it doesn't resolve in a day or so, get him in to the vet.

-L.

JJ
February 5th 06, 12:41 PM
You said you are really worried, if that is true then why wait...go to
your Vet?