PDA

View Full Version : Re: Brand name vs generic

Switch
February 7th 06, 06:27 PM
OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

> Do some serious label reading.
> You will find a lot of the same "plant" codes for canning location
> between brands vs. generic.
>
> Seriously.
>
> Some generic pet foods are made by Purina.

I don't doubt that

I think you buy less food when you get the best quality
and of course it takes less of a -better quality, to meet the same
nutritional needs.

excluding any subsequental vet visits from health problems, lol
(which may have been prevented with a higher quality food)

OmManiPadmeOmelet
February 7th 06, 06:39 PM
In article . com>,
"Switch" > wrote:

> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
>
> > Do some serious label reading.
> > You will find a lot of the same "plant" codes for canning location
> > between brands vs. generic.
> >
> > Seriously.
> >
> > Some generic pet foods are made by Purina.
>
> I don't doubt that
>
> I think you buy less food when you get the best quality
> and of course it takes less of a -better quality, to meet the same
> nutritional needs.
>
> excluding any subsequental vet visits from health problems, lol
> (which may have been prevented with a higher quality food)

The dogs are on Canidae........
--
Om.

sarah bennett
February 7th 06, 09:17 PM
Switch wrote:
> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
>

>>Do some serious label reading.
>>You will find a lot of the same "plant" codes for canning location
>>between brands vs. generic.
>>
>>Seriously.
>>
>>Some generic pet foods are made by Purina.
>

> I don't doubt that
>
> I think you buy less food when you get the best quality
> and of course it takes less of a -better quality, to meet the same
> nutritional needs.
>
> excluding any subsequental vet visits from health problems, lol
> (which may have been prevented with a higher quality food)

But expensive does not mean better quality. Better quality means better
quality.

--

saerah

http://anisaerah.blogspot.com/

-Baruch Spinoza

-Douglas Adams

Switch
February 8th 06, 02:38 AM
sarah bennett wrote:

> But expensive does not mean better quality. Better quality means better
> quality.

well, I knew you was dying to say that...you've been beating around the
bush long enough

Joe Canuck
February 8th 06, 02:49 AM
sarah bennett wrote:
> Switch wrote:
>> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
>>

>>> Do some serious label reading.
>>> You will find a lot of the same "plant" codes for canning location
>>> between brands vs. generic.
>>>
>>> Seriously.
>>>
>>> Some generic pet foods are made by Purina.
>>

>> I don't doubt that
>>
>> I think you buy less food when you get the best quality
>> and of course it takes less of a -better quality, to meet the same
>> nutritional needs.
>>
>> excluding any subsequental vet visits from health problems, lol
>> (which may have been prevented with a higher quality food)
>>

> But expensive does not mean better quality. Better quality means better
> quality.

<Xpost list trimmed>

Better quality usually does translate into a product being more
expensive; however, an expensive item isn't necessarily of good quality
as there are outfits that will attempt to charge what the market will
pay no matter the quality.