PDA

View Full Version : how does one stop a cat spraying ?

Rick
February 12th 06, 02:42 PM
Can any one help me stop my cat spraying in the house ?

The house, no matter how often I Vax is getting a musty smell and the wife is going nuts.

--
---
THANKS

----------------------------
Why not look at our E Bay store
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Rick-n-Shell
www.ricksvill.co.uk
MAKE MONEY FROM YOUR WEB SITE
www.chitika.com/mm_overview.php?refid=ricksvill

Joe Canuck
February 12th 06, 02:44 PM
Rick wrote:
> Can any one help me stop my cat spraying in the house ?
>
> The house, no matter how often I Vax is getting a musty smell and the
> wife is going nuts.

Get the cat neutered.

Gail
February 12th 06, 04:48 PM
Yes, an unneutered cat will spray. Also, if he is neutered, he should see a
vet to rule out a urinary tract infection.
Gail
"Joe Canuck" > wrote in message
> Rick wrote:
>> Can any one help me stop my cat spraying in the house ?
>> The house, no matter how often I Vax is getting a musty smell and the
>> wife is going nuts.
>
> Get the cat neutered.

Rick
February 12th 06, 06:50 PM
She has had cystitis and ever since has sprayed.

She is about 15 and has been a pleasure to own but we can not go on going
out and coming back to this.

--
---
THANKS

----------------------------
Why not look at our E Bay store
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Rick-n-Shell
www.ricksvill.co.uk
MAKE MONEY FROM YOUR WEB SITE
www.chitika.com/mm_overview.php?refid=ricksvill
"Gail" > wrote in message
k.net...
> Yes, an unneutered cat will spray. Also, if he is neutered, he should see
> a vet to rule out a urinary tract infection.
> Gail
> "Joe Canuck" > wrote in message
>> Rick wrote:
>>> Can any one help me stop my cat spraying in the house ?
>>> The house, no matter how often I Vax is getting a musty smell and the
>>> wife is going nuts.
>>
>> Get the cat neutered.

Alison
February 12th 06, 07:19 PM
"Rick" > wrote in
message
o.uk...
> She has had cystitis and ever since has sprayed.
>
> She is about 15 and has been a pleasure to own but we can
not go on going
> out and coming back to this.>>

Have a read of these links lots of info here and advice.
Its hard to give advice with out knowing the full situation
..
http://www.fabcats.org/spraying.html
http://www.apbc.org.uk/article10.htm

http://www.fabcats.org/flutd.html
http://www.marvistavet.com/html/body_feline_lower_urinary_tract_dis.html
http://www.lbah.com/Feline/flutd.htm

--
Alison
http://catinfolinks.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/

Rick
February 12th 06, 07:55 PM
thanks for that...

I really do appreciate it

--
---
THANKS

----------------------------
"Alison" > wrote in message
> "Rick" > wrote in
> message
> o.uk...
>> She has had cystitis and ever since has sprayed.
>>
>> She is about 15 and has been a pleasure to own but we can
> not go on going
>> out and coming back to this.>>
>
> Have a read of these links lots of info here and advice.
> Its hard to give advice with out knowing the full situation
> .
> http://www.fabcats.org/spraying.html
> http://www.apbc.org.uk/article10.htm
>
> http://www.fabcats.org/flutd.html
> http://www.marvistavet.com/html/body_feline_lower_urinary_tract_dis.html
> http://www.lbah.com/Feline/flutd.htm
>
> --
> Alison
> http://catinfolinks.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/
> http://doginfolinks.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/

Alison
February 12th 06, 10:15 PM
"Rick" > wrote in message
o.uk...
> thanks for that...
>
> I really do appreciate it
>
> --
> ---
> THANKS
> RICK

If you have any more questions after reading all that lot , don't
hesitate to ask for more advice .
Alison

windwatcher
February 13th 06, 12:08 PM
my female cat has crystals. Has been diagnosed. Sprayed all over the
house and I was extremely unhappy about it. Now she sprays only
rarely. I use this supplement, which I mix very ,very carefully into
baby food. It's called d-methionine aka d-l- methionine. I use less
than a quarter of a teaspoon twice a day. It has a taste so you have
to mix it very very well. If you want more details let me now. My vet
originally sold it to me in a pill form. I bought it in crystal form,
a whole kilogram, because it was greatly less expensive.