PDA

View Full Version : Medical reasons for not purring?

February 12th 06, 10:09 PM
Hi, first-time poster here. I adopted a 3-year-old cat about five
months ago and have been trying to figure out why he doesn't purr. He's
a very affectionate cat, doesn't seem at all traumatized. But he simply
doesn't purr. He does make a bit of a squeaky noise every now and
again, but it's not at all consistent. I'm wondering: Has anyone ever
heard of any medical reasons why cats don't purr? I'm afraid he may
have been injured before I adopted him ... Thanks!

William Hamblen
February 12th 06, 10:33 PM
On 12 Feb 2006 14:09:52 -0800, "
> wrote:

>Hi, first-time poster here. I adopted a 3-year-old cat about five
>months ago and have been trying to figure out why he doesn't purr. He's
>a very affectionate cat, doesn't seem at all traumatized. But he simply
>doesn't purr. He does make a bit of a squeaky noise every now and
>again, but it's not at all consistent. I'm wondering: Has anyone ever
>heard of any medical reasons why cats don't purr? I'm afraid he may
>have been injured before I adopted him ... Thanks!

Some cats don't purr much. That's all there is to it. Individual
differences.

NMR
February 12th 06, 10:33 PM
some cats don't purr I have a 6 year old that does not purr
oups.com...