PDA

View Full Version : Candace?

Rhonda
February 15th 06, 04:23 AM
Now I'm really worried about Scottie, it's been too long since we've heard.

Rhonda

Candace
February 15th 06, 04:33 AM
Rhonda wrote:
> Now I'm really worried about Scottie, it's been too long since we've heard.
>
> Rhonda

Rhonda, his barium x-rays were fairly insignificant (done yesterday).
The vet did say it appeared as though it took the barium a little long
to pass thru his esophagus. That goes with my theory that his
esophagus was damaged by the feeding tube. He is now on prednisone and
I'm giving him prilosec. We stupidly fed him some dry treats and let
him get at his dry food and figured out (finally) that's when he would
barf. We are now only feeding him soft food for a few days. Whether
it is due to that, the pred, the prilosec, or just good luck and
prayers, he has not barfed for almost 20 hours and he is eating on his
own (I just knocked on wood). Not nearly as much as he used to but
enough that I don't have to force feed him. Maybe it really was what I
thought it was. Still don't know what his initial problem was and why
he had a fever for so long. He actually still had 103 fever yesterday
at the vet when he was getting his x-rays. They did his temp twice
but, right now, I am far more concerned about the barfing. He seems to
be feeling pretty good; he rolled around on the floor awhile ago and
has been scratching his cat tree. Doesn't really want to play yet but
is up and about and acting pretty good. I now have hope again that my
orange baby will live. Thank you for asking about him.

Candace

Rhonda
February 15th 06, 04:44 AM
Yipppeeeee!

Eating on his own and scratching the cat tree -- we'll take it!

That's something that the fever is down. That's wild though that the
cause can't be pinned down.

I'm so glad he's better. He's a good boy.

Rhonda

Candace wrote:

> Rhonda, his barium x-rays were fairly insignificant (done yesterday).
> The vet did say it appeared as though it took the barium a little long
> to pass thru his esophagus. That goes with my theory that his
> esophagus was damaged by the feeding tube. He is now on prednisone and
> I'm giving him prilosec. We stupidly fed him some dry treats and let
> him get at his dry food and figured out (finally) that's when he would
> barf. We are now only feeding him soft food for a few days. Whether
> it is due to that, the pred, the prilosec, or just good luck and
> prayers, he has not barfed for almost 20 hours and he is eating on his
> own (I just knocked on wood). Not nearly as much as he used to but
> enough that I don't have to force feed him. Maybe it really was what I
> thought it was. Still don't know what his initial problem was and why
> he had a fever for so long. He actually still had 103 fever yesterday
> at the vet when he was getting his x-rays. They did his temp twice
> but, right now, I am far more concerned about the barfing. He seems to
> be feeling pretty good; he rolled around on the floor awhile ago and
> has been scratching his cat tree. Doesn't really want to play yet but
> is up and about and acting pretty good. I now have hope again that my
> orange baby will live. Thank you for asking about him.
>
> Candace

cybercat
February 15th 06, 07:00 PM
"Rhonda" > wrote in message
> Yipppeeeee!
>
> Eating on his own and scratching the cat tree -- we'll take it!
>
> That's something that the fever is down. That's wild though that the
> cause can't be pinned down.
>
> I'm so glad he's better. He's a good boy.

Yes he is. :) Go, Scottie!