PDA

View Full Version : Leftovers

Wayne Mitchell
February 17th 06, 02:31 AM
Tuesday Will had an upset tummy and vomited a couple of times.
Yesterday he wouldn't eat, even though I could tell that he was
recovered enough to be hungry. He'd just sort of taken food in
disgust and couldn't be persuaded that eating was a good idea.

I wasn't seriously worried because he did at least eat the
low-cal treats I give him when I give him his Flovent, so I knew
he wasn't too far from ready to eat his other food. Still, I
was anxious, with visions of a TED visit and maybe having to
syringe-feed him a time or two. Happily, this morning he ate
normally, and has continued fine through the day, so that worry
is over.

But in my concern last night I tried a few things to see if I
could tempt him. He accepted a little of the juice from the can
of tuna that I opened, but none of the fish, so that went into
the fridge. A little broth from a can of chicken-noodle soup
didn't seem to make his kibble more attractive. That went into
the fridge.

This evening for supper I made the tuna into tuna salad for
sandwiches, then heated up the chicken noodle soup, and we all
had our choice of either or both. My mother has chuckled all
evening about being reduced to eating the cat's leftovers.

--

Wayne M
(indulged by Will and Heidi)

Karen
February 17th 06, 03:22 AM
On 2006-02-16 20:31:05 -0600, Wayne Mitchell > said:

> Tuesday Will had an upset tummy and vomited a couple of times.
> Yesterday he wouldn't eat, even though I could tell that he was
> recovered enough to be hungry. He'd just sort of taken food in
> disgust and couldn't be persuaded that eating was a good idea.
>
> I wasn't seriously worried because he did at least eat the
> low-cal treats I give him when I give him his Flovent, so I knew
> he wasn't too far from ready to eat his other food. Still, I
> was anxious, with visions of a TED visit and maybe having to
> syringe-feed him a time or two. Happily, this morning he ate
> normally, and has continued fine through the day, so that worry
> is over.
>
> But in my concern last night I tried a few things to see if I
> could tempt him. He accepted a little of the juice from the can
> of tuna that I opened, but none of the fish, so that went into
> the fridge. A little broth from a can of chicken-noodle soup
> didn't seem to make his kibble more attractive. That went into
> the fridge.
>
> This evening for supper I made the tuna into tuna salad for
> sandwiches, then heated up the chicken noodle soup, and we all
> had our choice of either or both. My mother has chuckled all
> evening about being reduced to eating the cat's leftovers.

ROFL!!! OH how true. I discovered today as I ate my Underwood chicken
spread sandwich that IF (unimaginable to me, but you never know) Pearl
was not eating well, that is something that could probablly bring her
out of a coma. Have you ever seen a cat actual salivate and slobber at
the same time, all the while with a glazed look of ecstasy in her eye?

Takayuki
February 17th 06, 04:11 AM
Wayne Mitchell > wrote:
>This evening for supper I made the tuna into tuna salad for
>sandwiches, then heated up the chicken noodle soup, and we all
>had our choice of either or both. My mother has chuckled all
>evening about being reduced to eating the cat's leftovers.

LOL

LMR via CatKB.com
February 17th 06, 06:21 PM
>This evening for supper I made the tuna into tuna salad for
>sandwiches, then heated up the chicken noodle soup, and we all
>had our choice of either or both. My mother has chuckled all
>evening about being reduced to eating the cat's leftovers.

LOL. Of course the mere servants are reduced to eating the King's leftovers.

LMR

Cheryl Sellner
February 18th 06, 02:17 AM
On Thu 16 Feb 2006 09:31:05p, Wayne Mitchell wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes (news:[email protected]
4ax.com):

> My mother has chuckled all
> evening about being reduced to eating the cat's leftovers.

Your story made me giggle! And, oh so true what we'll do for the
furry masters.

--
Cheryl

Jo Firey
February 18th 06, 03:48 AM
"Wayne Mitchell" > wrote in message

> Tuesday Will had an upset tummy and vomited a couple of times.
> Yesterday he wouldn't eat, even though I could tell that he was
> recovered enough to be hungry. He'd just sort of taken food in
> disgust and couldn't be persuaded that eating was a good idea.
>
> I wasn't seriously worried because he did at least eat the
> low-cal treats I give him when I give him his Flovent, so I knew
> he wasn't too far from ready to eat his other food. Still, I
> was anxious, with visions of a TED visit and maybe having to
> syringe-feed him a time or two. Happily, this morning he ate
> normally, and has continued fine through the day, so that worry
> is over.
>
> But in my concern last night I tried a few things to see if I
> could tempt him. He accepted a little of the juice from the can
> of tuna that I opened, but none of the fish, so that went into
> the fridge. A little broth from a can of chicken-noodle soup
> didn't seem to make his kibble more attractive. That went into
> the fridge.
>
> This evening for supper I made the tuna into tuna salad for
> sandwiches, then heated up the chicken noodle soup, and we all
> had our choice of either or both. My mother has chuckled all
> evening about being reduced to eating the cat's leftovers.

I'd even stopped about thinking of it like that. I do make tuna salad on
the occasions I open a can for Molly as a treat. She likes to lick the can
out after I take out the solid tuna. And that's the only time it occurs to
me to make tuna salad. But we won't tell DH and the Grandboys that will we?

Jo

Wayne Mitchell
February 19th 06, 02:52 AM
"Jo Firey" > wrote:

>I'd even stopped about thinking of it like that. I do make tuna salad on
>the occasions I open a can for Molly as a treat. She likes to lick the can
>out after I take out the solid tuna. And that's the only time it occurs to
>me to make tuna salad. But we won't tell DH and the Grandboys that will we?

If you start buying the kind the cat likes best, rather than
what the rest of the family prefers, the secret might get out.

--

Wayne M
(indulged by Will and Heidi)

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)
February 19th 06, 07:24 PM
Wayne Mitchell wrote:

> "Jo Firey" > wrote:
>

>>I'd even stopped about thinking of it like that. I do make tuna salad on
>>the occasions I open a can for Molly as a treat. She likes to lick the can
>>out after I take out the solid tuna. And that's the only time it occurs to
>>me to make tuna salad. But we won't tell DH and the Grandboys that will we?
>

> If you start buying the kind the cat likes best, rather than
> what the rest of the family prefers, the secret might get out.

That's probably true! Cats seem to actually LIKE the kind
with the "fishy" taste and smell.

Christina Websell
February 19th 06, 08:44 PM
"Wayne Mitchell" > wrote in message

> Tuesday Will had an upset tummy and vomited a couple of times.
> Yesterday he wouldn't eat, even though I could tell that he was
> recovered enough to be hungry. He'd just sort of taken food in
> disgust and couldn't be persuaded that eating was a good idea.
>
> I wasn't seriously worried because he did at least eat the
> low-cal treats I give him when I give him his Flovent, so I knew
> he wasn't too far from ready to eat his other food. Still, I
> was anxious, with visions of a TED visit and maybe having to
> syringe-feed him a time or two. Happily, this morning he ate
> normally, and has continued fine through the day, so that worry
> is over.
>
> But in my concern last night I tried a few things to see if I
> could tempt him. He accepted a little of the juice from the can
> of tuna that I opened, but none of the fish, so that went into
> the fridge. A little broth from a can of chicken-noodle soup
> didn't seem to make his kibble more attractive. That went into
> the fridge.
>
> This evening for supper I made the tuna into tuna salad for
> sandwiches, then heated up the chicken noodle soup, and we all
> had our choice of either or both. My mother has chuckled all
> evening about being reduced to eating the cat's leftovers.
>
> --

Lol! This is so funny. When I had some kidney failure dogs (difficult to
find something that they would eat) I used to open all sorts of tins and
cook bits of stuff they might fancy.
I'd always try to make some sort of meal for myself from the bits they'd
rejected so as not to waste it! It was all human food, I hasten to add.
Tuna and scrambled egg on toast isn't too bad.
If the combination looked too dire, the chickens seemed to like it anyway
;-)

Tweed