PDA

View Full Version : 12 lb CAT fish!!

February 19th 06, 04:52 PM
Funny story; my old 55 gal "project" fish tank set up is now in the
house empty and close to ready for reseal.... One of my cats has made
it his hang out and loves to go in there! It is so funny, his name is
"Little Darkie" and he's a very funny guy. When in there he rolls
around and will (playfully) attack me when I pet him in there. I put
another kitty in there and he got very torritorial, I guess he really
likes his new nitch.

I wasn't sure if this was a stroy for the fish or cat group so I posted
to both as it is closely related in this case.

=^o^=

Best wishes all, Karl.

Morgen
February 19th 06, 05:01 PM
Sounds like video catnip to me----

Gill Passman
February 19th 06, 08:24 PM
NetMax wrote:
> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>
>>Funny story; my old 55 gal "project" fish tank set up is now in the
>>house empty and close to ready for reseal.... One of my cats has made
>>it his hang out and loves to go in there! It is so funny, his name is
>>"Little Darkie" and he's a very funny guy. When in there he rolls
>>around and will (playfully) attack me when I pet him in there. I put
>>another kitty in there and he got very torritorial, I guess he really
>>likes his new nitch.
>>
>>I wasn't sure if this was a stroy for the fish or cat group so I posted
>>to both as it is closely related in this case.
>>
>>=^o^=
>>
>>Best wishes all, Karl.
>

> The day you put water in the tank, you're going to get such a withering
> look from that cat ;~)

Actually I had more a picture of the cat launching itself into the tank
once it had been filled with water - lol - maybe I have a crueller sense
of humour...certainly would be one soggy moggy...

BTW is it a kitty? - wish my moggy was only 12Lbs when he launches
himself at me :-)

Gill

Bill Stock
February 19th 06, 09:00 PM
"NetMax" > wrote in message
> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>> Funny story; my old 55 gal "project" fish tank set up is now in the
>> house empty and close to ready for reseal.... One of my cats has made
>> it his hang out and loves to go in there! It is so funny, his name is
>> "Little Darkie" and he's a very funny guy. When in there he rolls
>> around and will (playfully) attack me when I pet him in there. I put
>> another kitty in there and he got very torritorial, I guess he really
>> likes his new nitch.
>>
>> I wasn't sure if this was a stroy for the fish or cat group so I posted
>> to both as it is closely related in this case.
>>
>> =^o^=
>>
>> Best wishes all, Karl.
>

> The day you put water in the tank, you're going to get such a withering
> look from that cat ;~)

Especially if the cat is still in the tank! LOL. I hope he's wearing his
armour at the time.

<standard cat bathing anecdote>
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.pets.cats.anecdotes/msg/6279844aedd99b2a?hl=en&

Mine don't show much interest in the fish, although one likes the heat from
the office tank.

> --
> www.NetMax.tk

Tedd Jacobs
February 19th 06, 09:31 PM
"Bill Stock" wrote...

> "NetMax" > wrote in message
>> > wrote in message
>> oups.com...
>>> Funny story; my old 55 gal "project" fish tank set up is now in the
>>> house empty and close to ready for reseal.... One of my cats has made
>>> it his hang out and loves to go in there! It is so funny, his name is
>>> "Little Darkie" and he's a very funny guy. When in there he rolls
>>> around and will (playfully) attack me when I pet him in there. I put
>>> another kitty in there and he got very torritorial, I guess he really
>>> likes his new nitch.
>>>
>>> I wasn't sure if this was a stroy for the fish or cat group so I posted
>>> to both as it is closely related in this case.
>>>
>>> =^o^=
>>>
>>> Best wishes all, Karl.
>>

>> The day you put water in the tank, you're going to get such a withering
>> look from that cat ;~)
>
> Especially if the cat is still in the tank! LOL. I hope he's wearing his
> armour at the time.
>
> <standard cat bathing anecdote>
> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.pets.cats.anecdotes/msg/6279844aedd99b2a?hl=en&

IIRC there is also one about 'how to wash a cat' authored by 'the dog'.
something about a toilet.

> Mine don't show much interest in the fish, although one likes the heat
> from the office tank.

ours likes to sit on the hood of the 75gal. and glare at the dog.

Tynk
February 20th 06, 02:00 PM
Gill Passman wrote:
> NetMax wrote:
> > > wrote in message
> > oups.com...
> >
> >>Funny story; my old 55 gal "project" fish tank set up is now in the
> >>house empty and close to ready for reseal.... One of my cats has made
> >>it his hang out and loves to go in there! It is so funny, his name is
> >>"Little Darkie" and he's a very funny guy. When in there he rolls
> >>around and will (playfully) attack me when I pet him in there. I put
> >>another kitty in there and he got very torritorial, I guess he really
> >>likes his new nitch.
> >>
> >>I wasn't sure if this was a stroy for the fish or cat group so I posted
> >>to both as it is closely related in this case.
> >>
> >>=^o^=
> >>
> >>Best wishes all, Karl.
> >

> > The day you put water in the tank, you're going to get such a withering
> > look from that cat ;~)
>
> Actually I had more a picture of the cat launching itself into the tank
> once it had been filled with water - lol - maybe I have a crueller sense
> of humour...certainly would be one soggy moggy...
>
> BTW is it a kitty? - wish my moggy was only 12Lbs when he launches
> himself at me :-)
>
> Gill

wish my moggy was only 12Lbs when he launches
> himself at me :-)
>
> Gill

Gill...How large is your kitty?
My (late) big guy was a domestic short hair..mutt for short. = )
He was 18 pounds of huge male cat with a lovely kitten like face (not
the regular Tomacat face).
As large as he was (not fatwise...but a big cat), he was nothing
compared to one of those Mainecoon cats. Those things are Bobcats!
Sheesh.

Gill Passman
February 20th 06, 02:44 PM
Tynk wrote:
> Gill Passman wrote:
>
>>NetMax wrote:
>>
> wrote in message
oups.com...

>>>The day you put water in the tank, you're going to get such a withering
>>>look from that cat ;~)
>>
>>Actually I had more a picture of the cat launching itself into the tank
>>once it had been filled with water - lol - maybe I have a crueller sense
>>of humour...certainly would be one soggy moggy...
>>
>>BTW is it a kitty? - wish my moggy was only 12Lbs when he launches
>>himself at me :-)
>>
>>Gill
>

> wish my moggy was only 12Lbs when he launches
>
>>himself at me :-)
>>
>>Gill
>

> Gill...How large is your kitty?
> My (late) big guy was a domestic short hair..mutt for short. = )
> He was 18 pounds of huge male cat with a lovely kitten like face (not
> the regular Tomacat face).
> As large as he was (not fatwise...but a big cat), he was nothing
> compared to one of those Mainecoon cats. Those things are Bobcats!
> Sheesh.

I just annoyed the cat by taking him upstairs to weigh him - around
15Lbs right now (he gets fatter in the summer) - must be the velocity
that he launches himself at people that is the problem....

Anyway having gone off topic a bit too much for the fish folks (although
probably not the cat people).

Tynk - I'll send you a pic of moggy if you like

Cheers
Gill

Richard Sexton
February 20th 06, 05:54 PM
In article >,
Gill Passman > wrote:
>Tynk - I'll send you a pic of moggy if you like

It's easier to give a url than even say you'll send a pic :-0-\

http://rs79.vrx.net/works/photoblog/2005/Jan/?

1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Home page: http://rs79.vrx.net

Gill Passman
February 20th 06, 06:01 PM
Richard Sexton wrote:
> In article >,
> Gill Passman > wrote:
>
>>Tynk - I'll send you a pic of moggy if you like
>

> It's easier to give a url than even say you'll send a pic :-0-\
>
> http://rs79.vrx.net/works/photoblog/2005/Jan/?

I'm in the process of setting up a web-site but keep getting distracted
setting up my new tank <g>

I suppose it all depends whether anyone else would be interested in
seeing my moggy which I doubt...of course if anyone does want to see a
picture of a ginger and white cat I'll post it somewhere...

Gill

Gill Passman
February 20th 06, 08:50 PM
Richard Sexton wrote:
> In article >,
> Gill Passman > wrote:
>
>>Tynk - I'll send you a pic of moggy if you like
>

> It's easier to give a url than even say you'll send a pic :-0-\
>
> http://rs79.vrx.net/works/photoblog/2005/Jan/?

It has to be said, he is a lovely looking Cat...how old is he? He looks
a bit like a kitty to me...he has a very similar face to my ginger moggy
but a much smaller body...

Gill

Richard Sexton
February 20th 06, 10:10 PM
In article >,
Gill Passman > wrote:
>Richard Sexton wrote:
>> In article >,
>> Gill Passman > wrote:
>>
>>>Tynk - I'll send you a pic of moggy if you like
>>

>> It's easier to give a url than even say you'll send a pic :-0-\
>>
>> http://rs79.vrx.net/works/photoblog/2005/Jan/?
>>

>It has to be said, he is a lovely looking Cat...how old is he? He looks
>a bit like a kitty to me...he has a very similar face to my ginger moggy
>but a much smaller body...

he wasn't too old then, that was the day I got him. he's also the biggest
cat I've ever had.

1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Home page: http://rs79.vrx.net

Bill Stock
February 21st 06, 12:45 AM
"Richard Sexton" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> Gill Passman > wrote:
>>Tynk - I'll send you a pic of moggy if you like
>
> It's easier to give a url than even say you'll send a pic :-0-\
>
> http://rs79.vrx.net/works/photoblog/2005/Jan/?

More critters:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/will_stock/album?.dir=/8c08

> --
> Need Mercedes parts ? - http://parts.mbz.org
> Richard Sexton | Mercedes stuff: http://mbz.org
> 1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Home page: http://rs79.vrx.net
> 633CSi 250SE/C 300SD | http://aquaria.net http://killi.net

NetMax
February 21st 06, 02:26 AM
"Bill Stock" > wrote in message

> "Richard Sexton" > wrote in message
>> In article >,
>> Gill Passman > wrote:
>>>Tynk - I'll send you a pic of moggy if you like
>>
>> It's easier to give a url than even say you'll send a pic :-0-\
>>
>> http://rs79.vrx.net/works/photoblog/2005/Jan/?
>
> More critters:
>
> http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/will_stock/album?.dir=/8c08
>
>> --
>> Need Mercedes parts ? - http://parts.mbz.org
>> Richard Sexton | Mercedes stuff: http://mbz.org
>> 1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Home page: http://rs79.vrx.net
>> 633CSi 250SE/C 300SD | http://aquaria.net http://killi.net

Yep, unlike most people's cats, mine is very generous. I'm allowed to
feed it, give it water, cut it's nails, brush it, let it out whenever it
wants and let it in whenever it's hanging off the screen window. I feel
so blessed ;~).
--
www.NetMax.tk