PDA

View Full Version : Cats and electronics

RobZip
February 19th 06, 07:38 PM
Two of my cats have developed a real taste for playing with electronic
items. Spot has discovered how to jump up on the printer and walk on various
buttons to cause it to eject paper. If for some reason he gets it powered up
and fails to get a scan or copy action started, he will start rooting with
his front paws down in the sheet feeder to try forcing it to eject a sheet
of paper. The other morning I woke up to approx 20 sheets of paper ejected
on the floor - most raked with the claws.

Sammy, Spot's mother, has decided that the disc tray on the DVD player is
some sort of mortal enemy to be caught and exterminated. She will sit and
stare through the glass into the cabinet, waiting for it to move. I tease
her by opening and closing the tray with the remote. Her crouching and
twitching in anticipation sure seems like serious businesss to her. What
tech stuff do any of your cats like?

February 19th 06, 08:14 PM
RobZip wrote:
> Two of my cats have developed a real taste for playing with electronic
> items. Spot has discovered how to jump up on the printer and walk on various
> buttons to cause it to eject paper. If for some reason he gets it powered up
> and fails to get a scan or copy action started, he will start rooting with
> his front paws down in the sheet feeder to try forcing it to eject a sheet
> of paper. The other morning I woke up to approx 20 sheets of paper ejected
> on the floor - most raked with the claws.
>
> Sammy, Spot's mother, has decided that the disc tray on the DVD player is
> some sort of mortal enemy to be caught and exterminated. She will sit and
> stare through the glass into the cabinet, waiting for it to move. I tease
> her by opening and closing the tray with the remote. Her crouching and
> twitching in anticipation sure seems like serious businesss to her. What
> tech stuff do any of your cats like?

February 19th 06, 08:16 PM
My cat, Buddy, likes the printer too. But doesn't go after it unless it
is printing. Seems as if he is trying to figure out how/why the paper
is coming out. He also is attracted to the television sometimes. And
if you move the curser around on the computer monitor - he goes nuts
trying to bat it off like a bug.

jmc
February 19th 06, 11:07 PM
Suddenly, without warning, RobZip exclaimed (19-Feb-06 7:38 PM):
> Two of my cats have developed a real taste for playing with electronic
> items. Spot has discovered how to jump up on the printer and walk on various
> buttons to cause it to eject paper. If for some reason he gets it powered up
> and fails to get a scan or copy action started, he will start rooting with
> his front paws down in the sheet feeder to try forcing it to eject a sheet
> of paper. The other morning I woke up to approx 20 sheets of paper ejected
> on the floor - most raked with the claws.
>
> Sammy, Spot's mother, has decided that the disc tray on the DVD player is
> some sort of mortal enemy to be caught and exterminated. She will sit and
> stare through the glass into the cabinet, waiting for it to move. I tease
> her by opening and closing the tray with the remote. Her crouching and
> twitching in anticipation sure seems like serious businesss to her. What
> tech stuff do any of your cats like?

Mine doesn't like any of it: it's simply a competitor for my attention
:). She'll peek into my case window sometimes, and watch the fans spin.

jmc

Elizabeth Blake
February 20th 06, 01:43 AM
"RobZip" > wrote in message
. ..
> What tech stuff do any of your cats like?

At work, Stinky & Harriet LOVE LOVE LOVE the fax machine. They always want
to make sure it's working, so they print many test pages. Even I'm not sure
what button or combination of buttons needs to be pressed to print the test
page. They haven't figured out how to get a piece of paper into the fax to
send it, so they just use it as a phone. I don't know who they're calling,
and I usually catch it in time to disconnect before it goes through.

At my old office, when Tiger worked with me, she also loved the fax machine.
That was an old one, with a roll of thermal paper. One day the fax machine
kept jamming and we couldn't find the problem. My boss took it somewhere,
and they found that there was a bunch of cat food kibbles inside. We have
no idea how she got her food into it.

Harriet also loves computer keyboards. If some fool has left our inventory
program on screen in the "change" mode, Harriet is more than happy to change
book titles, authors, assign a new ISBN or simply delete some books that
don't appeal to her.

--
Liz

February 20th 06, 02:11 AM
Elizabeth Blake wrote:
> "RobZip" > wrote in message
> . ..
> > What tech stuff do any of your cats like?
>
> At work, Stinky & Harriet LOVE LOVE LOVE the fax machine. They always want
> to make sure it's working, so they print many test pages. Even I'm not sure
> what button or combination of buttons needs to be pressed to print the test
> page. They haven't figured out how to get a piece of paper into the fax to
> send it, so they just use it as a phone. I don't know who they're calling,
> and I usually catch it in time to disconnect before it goes through.
>
> At my old office, when Tiger worked with me, she also loved the fax machine.
> That was an old one, with a roll of thermal paper. One day the fax machine
> kept jamming and we couldn't find the problem. My boss took it somewhere,
> and they found that there was a bunch of cat food kibbles inside. We have
> no idea how she got her food into it.
>
> Harriet also loves computer keyboards. If some fool has left our inventory
> program on screen in the "change" mode, Harriet is more than happy to change
> book titles, authors, assign a new ISBN or simply delete some books that
> don't appeal to her.
>
> --
> Liz

a litter-airy cat

NanCe via CatKB.com
February 20th 06, 03:20 AM
>twitching in anticipation sure seems like serious businesss to her. What
>tech stuff do any of your cats like?

When I'm working in Word and the Office Assistant, which is a cat, comes on
and meows after I do spell check or some other task. Their eyes get huge and
they look around like they think a cat is in the computer.

NanCe

NanCe via CatKB.com
February 21st 06, 01:57 AM
>I *dont't* the office asist cat. It's too cute. Somewhone who had a
>gat jst of had an entercounyer with it/

Huh?

NanCe

NanCe via CatKB.com
February 21st 06, 01:58 AM
>Hmm. Looks like Kami got on the computer after I went to bed.

LOL. Oh, that explains it.

NanCe