PDA

View Full Version : Vitamin E requirement?

Knack
February 20th 06, 06:34 AM
Want to begin supplementing my kitties' diets with a natural vitamin E
complex vitamin. Anyone out there know what the RDA of vitamin E is for an
adult cat?

PawsForThought
February 20th 06, 05:40 PM
Knack wrote:
> Want to begin supplementing my kitties' diets with a natural vitamin E
> complex vitamin. Anyone out there know what the RDA of vitamin E is for an
> adult cat?

For adult maintenance, the minimum daily requirement is 30 IU/kg. If
you are feeding a commercial food, the food should already contain the
30 IUs. I would recommend that you speak to your vet before
supplementing, as too much supplementation can be just as bad as too
little.

Lauren