PDA

View Full Version : 'Monster' Cat In China Weighs 33 Pounds

NMR
February 21st 06, 01:50 AM
http://www.local6.com/news/7267453/detail.html?treets=orlpn&tid=2653055048813&tml=orlpn_8pm&tmi=orlpn_8pm_1_07000202202006&ts=H

http://tinyurl.com/mql5m

The cat's owner said it has no interest in eating fish but prefers to eat
six pounds of chicken and pork each day.

Gee I wonder why he is a fat cat

Magic Mood JeepŠ
February 21st 06, 02:50 AM
NMR wrote:
> http://www.local6.com/news/7267453/detail.html?treets=orlpn&tid=2653055048813&tml=orlpn_8pm&tmi=orlpn_8pm_1_07000202202006&ts=H
>
> http://tinyurl.com/mql5m
>
> The cat's owner said it has no interest in eating fish but prefers to
> eat six pounds of chicken and pork each day.
>
> Gee I wonder why he is a fat cat

I saw this creature on Fox News (Fox Report with Shepherd Smith), poor kitty
has a 31.5 inch waist - can't stand up for very long, and is unable to even
climb up the steps they made/bought so that it can get onto their bed - poor
thing would get up one step and stop, and they would lift him/her the rest
of the way. And it's not chicken and pork, it's chicken and PORT (as in the
wine)

There's a video link on www.foxnews.com - under "Today's Features", or do a
search for "Big Boned", which is the title of the clip. It's also under
Free Video under the title of Skinnerville.

Claude V. Lucas
February 21st 06, 02:58 AM
In article >,
Magic Mood JeepŠ > wrote:
>NMR wrote:
>>
>http://www.local6.com/news/7267453/detail.html?treets=orlpn&tid=2653055048813&tml=orlpn_8pm&tmi=orlpn_8pm_1_07000202202006&ts=H
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/mql5m
>>
>> The cat's owner said it has no interest in eating fish but prefers to
>> eat six pounds of chicken and pork each day.
>>
>> Gee I wonder why he is a fat cat
>
>I saw this creature on Fox News (Fox Report with Shepherd Smith), poor kitty
>has a 31.5 inch waist - can't stand up for very long, and is unable to even
>climb up the steps they made/bought so that it can get onto their bed - poor
>thing would get up one step and stop, and they would lift him/her the rest
>of the way. And it's not chicken and pork, it's chicken and PORT (as in the
>wine)
>
>There's a video link on www.foxnews.com - under "Today's Features", or do a
>search for "Big Boned", which is the title of the clip. It's also under
>Free Video under the title of Skinnerville.

I saw that.

I'll never again refer to Bubba as "fat".

Claude

February 21st 06, 03:59 AM
In article >,
says...
> http://www.local6.com/news/7267453/detail.html?treets=orlpn&tid=2653055048813&tml=orlpn_8pm&tmi=orlpn_8pm_1_07000202202006&ts=H
>
> http://tinyurl.com/mql5m
>
> The cat's owner said it has no interest in eating fish but prefers to eat
> six pounds of chicken and pork each day.
>
> Gee I wonder why he is a fat cat

I just had to euthanize a 27lb cat who had gone down to 24lbs. The
reason was that he had a multitude of problems including hepatic
lipidosis, diabetes, kidney failure, a UTI, osteoarthritis and those are
just the few I can remember.

According to the vet it's genetic.

badwilson
February 21st 06, 05:22 AM
Good gawd, they are killing that poor cat :-( It's waist is bigger than
mine and 6 lbs of meat per day?!?! I eat that in a week and I'm a 5'6"
human.
--
Britta
Purring is an automatic safety valve device for dealing with happiness

NMR wrote:
> http://www.local6.com/news/7267453/detail.html?treets=orlpn&tid=2653055048813&tml=orlpn_8pm&tmi=orlpn_8pm_1_07000202202006&ts=H
>
> http://tinyurl.com/mql5m
>
> The cat's owner said it has no interest in eating fish but prefers to
> eat six pounds of chicken and pork each day.
>
> Gee I wonder why he is a fat cat

Helen Miles
February 21st 06, 10:19 AM
"NMR" > wrote in message

> The cat's owner said it has no interest in eating fish but prefers to eat
> six pounds of chicken and pork each day./////

Good grief! Mine are lucky if they eat 250g of food a day!! I feel sorry
for the poor cat. :o(

Helen M

February 21st 06, 10:21 AM
Helen Miles > wrote:

>> The cat's owner said it has no interest in eating fish but
>> prefers to eat six pounds of chicken and pork each day.

> Good grief! Mine are lucky if they eat 250g of food a day!! I feel sorry
> for the poor cat. :o(

Perhaps this is a hoax? That site is full of tabloid junk. Who knows
how much of it is true? Or, even if somewhat true, perhaps greatly
exaggerated?

Joyce

Helen Miles
February 21st 06, 10:22 AM
"Helen Miles" > wrote in message
news:[email protected] .mailgate.org

> Good grief! Mine are lucky if they eat 250g of food a day!! I feel sorry
> for the poor cat. :o(
>
> Helen M

And I forgot to mention that 225g of that is gooshy canned food!

Helen M

RobZip
February 21st 06, 10:58 AM
> wrote in message
> Perhaps this is a hoax? That site is full of tabloid junk. Who knows
> how much of it is true? Or, even if somewhat true, perhaps greatly
> exaggerated?
>
> Joyce

Not a hoax. I saw the same video of the poor thing being helped up on the
bed on CNN. The owner blames the huge size on the cat having a large
appetite. The reporter commented on just how does the cat aquire 6 pounds of
chicken every day. This cat seriously looked like a bloated, ready to pop
tick.

February 21st 06, 11:13 AM
I saw it on the news too, but wonder if the 6 pounds is in error?
Maybe converted incorrectly? Surely evern a 30 pound cat could not eat
6 pounds of food per day! That is i/5 his weight. Think of 1/5 of
your weight. Could you eat 25 pounds per day??

RobZip
February 21st 06, 11:49 AM
> wrote in message
ups.com...
> I saw it on the news too, but wonder if the 6 pounds is in error?
> Maybe converted incorrectly? Surely evern a 30 pound cat could not eat
> 6 pounds of food per day! That is i/5 his weight. Think of 1/5 of
> your weight. Could you eat 25 pounds per day??

Error or not, it's wayyy too much, huh?

kilikini
February 21st 06, 01:00 PM
"RobZip" > wrote in message

> > wrote in message
> > Perhaps this is a hoax? That site is full of tabloid junk. Who knows
> > how much of it is true? Or, even if somewhat true, perhaps greatly
> > exaggerated?
> >
> > Joyce
>
> Not a hoax. I saw the same video of the poor thing being helped up on the
> bed on CNN. The owner blames the huge size on the cat having a large
> appetite. The reporter commented on just how does the cat aquire 6 pounds
of
> chicken every day. This cat seriously looked like a bloated, ready to pop
> tick.

Didn't it? My husband and I sat there watching the program, eyes huge and
mouth dropped open. That cat weighs more than all three of mine combined!
6 pounds of chicken a day? My hubby did the math and said that's about 2
whole roasters for that cat every day. When we roast a chicken for us, 1
single chicken, it lasts for 3 meals.

kili

Karen
February 21st 06, 03:14 PM
It really seems to me that this type of overweightness HAS to be genetic. I
can see the dry food cats really gaining but to be eating largely protein
and gain this kind of weight is not just excess calories (I don't believe
anyway). I don't think ALL overweight problems are genetic, but I seriously
believe there is something genetically out of whack for this kind of
obesity.

"NMR" > wrote in message

http://www.local6.com/news/7267453/detail.html?treets=orlpn&tid=2653055048813&tml=orlpn_8pm&tmi=orlpn_8pm_1_07000202202006&ts=H

> http://tinyurl.com/mql5m
>
> The cat's owner said it has no interest in eating fish but prefers to eat
> six pounds of chicken and pork each day.
>
> Gee I wonder why he is a fat cat

Alison
February 21st 06, 04:29 PM
"NMR" > wrote in message

http://www.local6.com/news/7267453/detail.html?treets=orlpn&tid=2653055048813&tml=orlpn_8pm&tmi=orlpn_8pm_1_07000202202006&ts=H

> http://tinyurl.com/mql5m
>
> The cat's owner said it has no interest in eating fish but prefers to eat
> six pounds of chicken and pork each day.
>
> Gee I wonder why he is a fat cat >.

I saw it on the BBC news. Poor cat , I felt so sorry for it.
Alison

February 21st 06, 04:48 PM
I'm sorry but what the beep is wrong with people? As far as I am
concerned that guy is abusing his cat by not controlling what it eats,
and if it was in England and I knew him I would report him to the RSPCA
for cruelty, it makes me so mad! It reminds me of a documentary I saw
called something like Feeders, which was about people who fed and
encouraged morbidly obese people to get even bigger, thus in effect
abusing and sometimes killing them.

Grrr

Marcia

NMR wrote:
> http://www.local6.com/news/7267453/detail.html?treets=orlpn&tid=2653055048813&tml=orlpn_8pm&tmi=orlpn_8pm_1_07000202202006&ts=H
>
> http://tinyurl.com/mql5m
>
> The cat's owner said it has no interest in eating fish but prefers to eat
> six pounds of chicken and pork each day.
>
> Gee I wonder why he is a fat cat

NMR
February 21st 06, 04:55 PM
Agreed
> wrote in message
ups.com...
> I'm sorry but what the beep is wrong with people? As far as I am
> concerned that guy is abusing his cat by not controlling what it eats,
> and if it was in England and I knew him I would report him to the RSPCA
> for cruelty, it makes me so mad! It reminds me of a documentary I saw
> called something like Feeders, which was about people who fed and
> encouraged morbidly obese people to get even bigger, thus in effect
> abusing and sometimes killing them.
>
> Grrr
>
> Marcia
>
> NMR wrote:
>> http://www.local6.com/news/7267453/detail.html?treets=orlpn&tid=2653055048813&tml=orlpn_8pm&tmi=orlpn_8pm_1_07000202202006&ts=H
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/mql5m
>>
>> The cat's owner said it has no interest in eating fish but prefers to eat
>> six pounds of chicken and pork each day.
>>
>> Gee I wonder why he is a fat cat

NMR
February 21st 06, 04:58 PM
> wrote in message
> Helen Miles > wrote:
>
> >> The cat's owner said it has no interest in eating fish but
> >> prefers to eat six pounds of chicken and pork each day.
>
> > Good grief! Mine are lucky if they eat 250g of food a day!! I feel sorry
> > for the poor cat. :o(
>
> Perhaps this is a hoax? That site is full of tabloid junk. Who knows
> how much of it is true? Or, even if somewhat true, perhaps greatly
> exaggerated?
>
> Joyce

Which site Joyce if you are talking about local 6 site it is a news
channel website not a tabloid site all that stuff you see is happening or
has happened in Florida or the world

wafflycat
February 21st 06, 05:09 PM
"NMR" > wrote in message
> http://www.local6.com/news/7267453/detail.html?treets=orlpn&tid=2653055048813&tml=orlpn_8pm&tmi=orlpn_8pm_1_07000202202006&ts=H
>
> http://tinyurl.com/mql5m
>
> The cat's owner said it has no interest in eating fish but prefers to eat
> six pounds of chicken and pork each day.
>
> Gee I wonder why he is a fat cat

It's basically animal abuse. Poor cat :-(

helen s

February 21st 06, 05:25 PM
"RobZip" > wrote:

> wrote in message
>> Perhaps this is a hoax? That site is full of tabloid junk. Who knows
>> how much of it is true? Or, even if somewhat true, perhaps greatly
>> exaggerated?
>>
>> Joyce
>
>Not a hoax. I saw the same video of the poor thing being helped up on the
>bed on CNN. The owner blames the huge size on the cat having a large
>appetite. The reporter commented on just how does the cat aquire 6 pounds of
>chicken every day. This cat seriously looked like a bloated, ready to pop
>tick.

I saw it on TV as well and noticed that even when just lying there his
breathing was labored.

-mhd

cybercat
February 21st 06, 05:55 PM
> wrote in message
> "RobZip" > wrote:
>

> > wrote in message
> >> Perhaps this is a hoax? That site is full of tabloid junk. Who knows
> >> how much of it is true? Or, even if somewhat true, perhaps greatly
> >> exaggerated?
> >>
> >> Joyce
> >
> >Not a hoax. I saw the same video of the poor thing being helped up on the
> >bed on CNN. The owner blames the huge size on the cat having a large
> >appetite. The reporter commented on just how does the cat aquire 6 pounds
of
> >chicken every day. This cat seriously looked like a bloated, ready to
pop
> >tick.
> >

> I saw it on TV as well and noticed that even when just lying there his
> breathing was labored.
>
> -mhd

I wanted to slap that cheesy grin right off the guy's face. What a cruel
idiot.

February 21st 06, 06:10 PM
"cybercat" > wrote:

>> I saw it on TV as well and noticed that even when just lying there his
>> breathing was labored.
>> -mhd
>
>I wanted to slap that cheesy grin right off the guy's face. What a cruel
>idiot.

My sentiments as well.
-mhd

February 21st 06, 08:49 PM
In rec.pets.cats.anecdotes NMR > wrote:

> Which site Joyce if you are talking about local 6 site it is a news
> channel website not a tabloid site all that stuff you see is happening or
> has happened in Florida or the world

But the focus is totally on sensational stories, weird events, tragic
accidents, fires, killings, kidnappings, illnesses, scare stories. Didn't
see any world news on the site, although I only looked for a few minutes,
so maybe I missed it. But just the fact that it's easy to miss tells you
something about how prominent world issues are to that station.

I'm not saying the news is not real. I'm just talking about the focus on
the site - it's definitely tabloid material.

Joyce

PawsForThought
February 21st 06, 08:57 PM
NMR wrote:
> http://www.local6.com/news/7267453/detail.html?treets=orlpn&tid=2653055048813&tml=orlpn_8pm&tmi=orlpn_8pm_1_07000202202006&ts=H
>
> http://tinyurl.com/mql5m
>
> The cat's owner said it has no interest in eating fish but prefers to eat
> six pounds of chicken and pork each day.
>
> Gee I wonder why he is a fat cat

I saw this on the news this morning. Poor kitty, it was really
pathetic that anyone would let their cat get that fat :(

February 21st 06, 10:56 PM
PawsForThought wrote:
> NMR wrote:
> > http://www.local6.com/news/7267453/detail.html?treets=orlpn&tid=2653055048813&tml=orlpn_8pm&tmi=orlpn_8pm_1_07000202202006&ts=H
> >
> > http://tinyurl.com/mql5m
> >
> > The cat's owner said it has no interest in eating fish but prefers to eat
> > six pounds of chicken and pork each day.
> >
> > Gee I wonder why he is a fat cat
>
> I saw this on the news this morning. Poor kitty, it was really
> pathetic that anyone would let their cat get that fat :(

Poor thing. Cherokee was 25 lbs but he didn't look anything like that!

William Hamblen
February 22nd 06, 12:39 AM
On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 01:50:27 GMT, "NMR"
> wrote:

>http://www.local6.com/news/7267453/detail.html?treets=orlpn&tid=2653055048813&tml=orlpn_8pm&tmi=orlpn_8pm_1_07000202202006&ts=H
>
>http://tinyurl.com/mql5m
>
>The cat's owner said it has no interest in eating fish but prefers to eat
>six pounds of chicken and pork each day.
>
>Gee I wonder why he is a fat cat

Perhaps it is being fattened for market.

jmcquown
February 22nd 06, 08:24 AM
Helen Miles wrote:
> "NMR" > wrote in message
>

>> The cat's owner said it has no interest in eating fish but prefers
>> to eat six pounds of chicken and pork each day./////
>
> Good grief! Mine are lucky if they eat 250g of food a day!! I feel
> sorry for the poor cat. :o(
>
> Helen M

Undoubtedly the cat doesn't know any better. Poor thing! Here I thought
Persia was wickedly fat at 16 lbs.!

Jill

William Hamblen
February 22nd 06, 06:23 PM
On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 02:24:36 -0600, "jmcquown"
> wrote:

>Helen Miles wrote:
>> "NMR" > wrote in message
>>

>>> The cat's owner said it has no interest in eating fish but prefers
>>> to eat six pounds of chicken and pork each day./////
>>
>> Good grief! Mine are lucky if they eat 250g of food a day!! I feel
>> sorry for the poor cat. :o(
>>
>> Helen M
>
>Undoubtedly the cat doesn't know any better. Poor thing! Here I thought
>Persia was wickedly fat at 16 lbs.!

The heaviest cat I ever had weighed 13 lb. He was a big cat, though.
He could stand on the floor and peek over the edge of the table to see
whether any goodies were on it. It was funny to be sitting at the
table and see this cat's head pop up across from me.

John Hinson
March 5th 06, 10:46 PM
Check out this film of a 45 lb cat.
http://www.ksdk.com/news/watercooler/hot_topics_article.aspx?storyid=92718

On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 01:50:27 GMT, "NMR"
> wrote:

>http://www.local6.com/news/7267453/detail.html?treets=orlpn&tid=2653055048813&tml=orlpn_8pm&tmi=orlpn_8pm_1_07000202202006&ts=H
>
>http://tinyurl.com/mql5m
>
>The cat's owner said it has no interest in eating fish but prefers to eat
>six pounds of chicken and pork each day.
>
>Gee I wonder why he is a fat cat

Matthew AKA NMR \( NO MORE RETAIL \)
March 5th 06, 10:50 PM
Now if that is true that he has a slow metabolism I am sure there would be
ways to give him the nutrition he needs with out him gaining all that
weight.
Poor Kitty! BAD VET!