View Full Version : see this one also

NMR
February 21st 06, 05:07 PM
http://www.funpic.hu/en.picview.php?id=2541

NanCe via CatKB.com
February 21st 06, 05:56 PM
NMR wrote:
>http://www.funpic.hu/en.picview.php?id=2541

Another idiot owner. Too bad they couldn't be charged with cruelty and have
their cats taken away from them.

NanCe

Elizabeth Blake
February 21st 06, 05:59 PM
"NMR" > wrote in message
> http://www.funpic.hu/en.picview.php?id=2541

These owners should be shot. There was a guy I used to work with that had
an extremely obese cat (not as bad as this one, or the one in China) and the
poor thing got a BUTT INFECTION because he couldn't clean himself after
using the box. He could take only a few steps before he had to stop & rest.
Could not jump up onto low objects, never mind a bed or table. We forced
the guy to take the cat to a vet, and he returned with a cleaned up cat and
a huge bag of prescription, low calorie food. He was an incredibly sweet
cat.

--
Liz

cybercat
February 21st 06, 06:18 PM
"Elizabeth Blake" > wrote in message

> "NMR" > wrote in message
> > http://www.funpic.hu/en.picview.php?id=2541
> >
> These owners should be shot. There was a guy I used to work with that
had
> an extremely obese cat (not as bad as this one, or the one in China) and
the
> poor thing got a BUTT INFECTION because he couldn't clean himself after
> using the box. He could take only a few steps before he had to stop &
rest.
> Could not jump up onto low objects, never mind a bed or table. We forced
> the guy to take the cat to a vet, and he returned with a cleaned up cat
and
> a huge bag of prescription, low calorie food. He was an incredibly sweet
> cat.

I am happy to report (again!) that our tuxedo Boo, obese when she came to
us,
reduced from 18 lbs to 8 lbs on a diet of canned food only every 12 hours.
She
also could not reach her hindquarters, so we had to keep her clean. She is
so
happy now, and we don't yell when she gets up on the counters and tables.
We are just so happy that she CAN! She was five when she came to us and is
almost 11 now. (18 might not be too heavy for some cats, but Boo is a petite
girl. The vet said 8 lbs was her ideal weight.) Aslo, her fur got healthier
on the
canned food.

jmc
February 25th 06, 05:18 PM
Suddenly, without warning, Elizabeth Blake exclaimed (21-Feb-06 5:59 PM):
> "NMR" > wrote in message
>> http://www.funpic.hu/en.picview.php?id=2541
>>
> These owners should be shot. There was a guy I used to work with that had
> an extremely obese cat (not as bad as this one, or the one in China) and the
> poor thing got a BUTT INFECTION because he couldn't clean himself after
> using the box. He could take only a few steps before he had to stop & rest.
> Could not jump up onto low objects, never mind a bed or table. We forced
> the guy to take the cat to a vet, and he returned with a cleaned up cat and
> a huge bag of prescription, low calorie food. He was an incredibly sweet
> cat.
>
> --
> Liz

I know some folks who killed their previous cat - an unneutered male -
by feeding him mostly people food - the horrible stuff they were eating
- the whole house was overweight. And kept him on a leash in the house
(because he'd spray otherwise. Yes, I know, but they wouldn't listen to me).

After he died, they got a new kitten, a sweet, tiny calico. They
learned a little, got her spayed and didn't feed her people food.
Didn't learn enough though. They fed her a diet of all the canned
catfood she'd eat, and a big bowl of cow's milk. Poor cat had diarrhea
for all of the 9 years she lived and was morbidly obese. My continued
comments each time I was forced to visit fell on deaf ears (I told them
they were killing her, even). To add insult to injury, she was kept on
a leash in the house like the first cat. One day, she was just dead. I
hate being right, sometimes.

Hopefully, they'll not get another pet this time! It's people like this
that make me think that a household should be required to get a license
before they're allowed to own a pet. GRRRRR!

jmc