PDA

View Full Version : Re: tap water & bottle spring water


NMR
February 23rd 06, 10:10 PM
First when was the last vet check you may need to rule out a urinary tract
infection.

IMO it is more healthier for him to drink tap water. If it was unhealthy a
person would not be able to drink it. There are so many reports of people
only drink bottle water and the tooth decay is higher in that group

Spring water is purified distilled water and does have a smell to it that
animals can pickup on. You can by a filter water dish from a petstore that
cleans debris and such out of the water but does not purify it. Personally
leave the dish out for the cat put fresh water every day for him. Buy a
humidifier that is child proof it will give you peace of mind after the vet
check up

Cat do drink water quite a bit if it is available but they don't have to it
is not necessary for them.

"Andrew West" > wrote in message
...
> hi to everyone.my cat pepper is 4 years old.i always left fresh spring
> water out every day for him since i had him when he was a year old.i
> noticed he may drink some once a day .i saw n tv that cats don't drink
> much including tigers.i wanted to increase humidity in my bedroom for
> the winter and put a large bowl in my room full of tap water.now pepper
> will drink from it alot and maybe 6 times a day.he never drinks that
> much spring water. my question for people is... is the tap water
> dangerous or unhealthy for him? i know it is full of
> chlorine,fluoride,etc.i want him to be healthy.what should i do about
> it?thanks for any help or opinions.
>
> http://community.webtv.net/gardengrower1/THESECRETGARDENOF
> http://community.webtv.net/gardengrower1/doc
>
>


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---MIKE---
February 23rd 06, 10:48 PM
NMR wrote:

>>Spring water is purified distilled water >>and does have a smell to it
that animals
>> can pickup on.

That is plain BS. Spring water comes from springs and is NOT distilled
or purified. It usually contains a lot of minerals. A large bowl of
water will not improve the humidity. You need a humidifier. Mine uses
about a gallon a day on the average. If you place several water dishes
around for Pepper he will probably drink. The water dishes should not
be placed too close to his food dishes or litter boxes. If you are
feeding canned food, he will get most of his water from the food so you
won't see him drinking much.


---MIKE---
>>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
>> (44 15' N - Elevation 1580')

NMR
February 23rd 06, 11:38 PM
I will admit when I am wrong Brandy I know you can't or won't

I am wrong about the distilled part I should have said some are purified at
least according to the zephyr hills 5 gallon bottle water sticker.

The smell part is true if you would have read that animals can pick up on.



The rest of it STFU I am not going to get a set of finger paints for you on
this thread.

Your are just mad that you got caught in a lie and can't admit it when you
are wrong


"Margarita Salt" > wrote in message
...
> NMR > wrote in
> rec.pets.cats.health+behav:
>
>> First when was the last vet check you may need to rule out a
>> urinary tract infection.
>>
>> IMO it is more healthier for him to drink tap water. If it was
>> unhealthy a person would not be able to drink it. There are so
>> many reports of people only drink bottle water and the tooth decay
>> is higher in that group
>>
>> Spring water is purified distilled water and does have a smell to
>> it that animals can pickup on. You can by a filter water dish
>> from a petstore that cleans debris and such out of the water but
>> does not purify it. Personally leave the dish out for the cat
>> put fresh water every day for him. Buy a humidifier that is child
>> proof it will give you peace of mind after the vet check up
>>
>> Cat do drink water quite a bit if it is available but they don't
>> have to it is not necessary for them.
>
>
> Please, don't dole out information when you don't know what you're
> talking about. Spring water is spring water, distilled water is
> distilled water. Spring water is not "purified" distilled water.
>
> Distilled water does not have an odor, nor does it have anything
> else. That's why it is recommended for steam irons, humidifiers,
> vaporizers, etc., so the evaporation doesn't leave behind lime scale
> or any other mineralization to corrode or clog the systems. It's
> produced by condensation or evaporation.
>
> Spring water is just that--water from natural spring. It is
> filtered for impurities, but there are no additives and it usually
> has higher levels of minerals.
>
> Tap water--what you see is what you get. It goes through the water
> treatment systems of your municipailty where they add chlorine and
> fluoride, and whatever else. It's not unhealthy; you can't OD on
> the fluoride level, and exposure to the air evaporates the chlorine.
>
> Personally, Kami likes spring water and will not drink the tap
> water. Our water quality is not known for being very good, though,
> and she's not stupid. She can smell something in it she just
> doesn't like. Maybe that's why the subject cat LIKES tap water. He
> can smell something that's not in the spring water and prefers it.
>
> Tap water is perfectly okay, but if you want to make double sure,
> let it stand for a few hours or overnight.
>
>
> --
> Margarita Salt
>
> "...practically no one in the world is entirely bad or
> entirely good... motives are often more important than
> actions." -- Eleanore Roosevelt

NMR
February 23rd 06, 11:38 PM
My fault I am wrong about the spring water being distilled. I should have
said some are purified at least according to the zephyr hills 5 gallon
bottle water sticker. My apologies


"---MIKE---" > wrote in message
...
NMR wrote:

>>Spring water is purified distilled water >>and does have a smell to it
that animals
>> can pickup on.

That is plain BS. Spring water comes from springs and is NOT distilled
or purified. It usually contains a lot of minerals. A large bowl of
water will not improve the humidity. You need a humidifier. Mine uses
about a gallon a day on the average. If you place several water dishes
around for Pepper he will probably drink. The water dishes should not
be placed too close to his food dishes or litter boxes. If you are
feeding canned food, he will get most of his water from the food so you
won't see him drinking much.


---MIKE---
>>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
>> (44 15' N - Elevation 1580')

NMR
February 24th 06, 12:41 AM
STFU

"Margarita Salt" > wrote in message
...
> NMR > wrote in
> rec.pets.cats.health+behav:
>
>> I will admit when I am wrong Brandy I know you can't or won't
>>
>> I am wrong about the distilled part I should have said some are
>> purified at least according to the zephyr hills 5 gallon bottle
>> water sticker.
>>
>> The smell part is true if you would have read that animals can
>> pick up on.
>>
>>
>>
>> The rest of it STFU I am not going to get a set of finger paints
>> for you on this thread.
>>
>> Your are just mad that you got caught in a lie and can't admit it
>> when you are wrong
>
> Stop trying to pollute every thread with your lies. I wasn't caught in
> anything because you can't prove it. I did, however, prove that you
> were the liar.
>
Other people can read the other thread for themselves. I am not starting a
thread war on this thread.

I am not a liar you used up piece of wasted life. I admitted I was wrong
what I wrote and corrected myself it is even in your reply you twisted
junkie

NMR
February 24th 06, 02:40 AM
"Margarita Salt" > wrote in message


ROFLMAO @ you twisted junkie you are one to talk about keeping up

Poor Brandy all used up and thrown away

Margarita Salt
February 24th 06, 03:56 AM
NMR > wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav:

>
> "Margarita Salt" > wrote in message
>
>
> ROFLMAO @ you twisted junkie you are one to talk about keeping up
>
> Poor Brandy all used up and thrown away
>
>
>

Look! Phil has a a pet parrot with a brown beak. You do realize he
made up that stuff and you're an idiot for repeating it like you just
discovered a dirty little secret. Right?

Before you start squawking his ssquawk, ask to see the evidence that
gave him such an idea. Chances are 100% he can't. Oh, he'll pull out
some "she doesn't archive her posts" bullpewp, but the fact remains--
and it is a fact--that he's emotionally attached to anything I post and
obsessively replies to it. You can find virtually everything I've ever
said by Googling his name. In the end, you'll be empty handed, because
you've set yourself up as a patsy to tax evading charity cheat.

--
Margarita Salt

"...practically no one in the world is entirely bad or
entirely good... motives are often more important than
actions." -- Eleanore Roosevelt

NMR
February 24th 06, 04:35 AM
"Margarita Salt" > wrote in message
...
> NMR > wrote in
> rec.pets.cats.health+behav:
>
>>
>> "Margarita Salt" > >>
>
> Look! Phil has a a pet parrot with a brown beak. You do realize he
> made up that stuff and you're an idiot for repeating it like you just
> discovered a dirty little secret. Right?
>
just for an example http://www.lukeford.com/stars/female won't post you
last name I don't want you throwing a tantrum and calling the cops whining

www.google.com for your email address and wow you get some interesting
read specially when you use your whole name and I am not talking about the
porn stuff either. remember no matter how long ago you post something it
shows up somewhere just got to know where to look for it

Rescue
February 24th 06, 05:53 AM
NMR wrote:

> just for an example http://www.lukeford.com/stars/female won't post you
> last name I don't want you throwing a tantrum and calling the cops whining

Pappy is that you?
i can't see...my eyes are getting dim

tell the truth Pappy

NMR
February 24th 06, 05:55 AM
ROFLMAO *2
"Rescue" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>
> NMR wrote:
>
>> just for an example http://www.lukeford.com/stars/female won't post
>> you
>> last name I don't want you throwing a tantrum and calling the cops
>> whining
>
> Pappy is that you?
> i can't see...my eyes are getting dim
>
> tell the truth Pappy
>

-L.
February 24th 06, 10:02 AM
Margarita Salt wrote:
> Please, don't dole out information when you don't know what you're
> talking about. Spring water is spring water, distilled water is
> distilled water. Spring water is not "purified" distilled water.
>
> Distilled water does not have an odor, nor does it have anything
> else. That's why it is recommended for steam irons, humidifiers,
> vaporizers, etc., so the evaporation doesn't leave behind lime scale
> or any other mineralization to corrode or clog the systems. It's
> produced by condensation or evaporation.

No, Hon, distilled water is produced by distillation. Evaporated
water disassociates into hydrogen and oxygen molecules and condensed
water isn't necessarily distilled water. If you are going to nit pick,
at least be sure they are nits.

-L.
(snickering)

February 24th 06, 04:11 PM
We have well water since we live in a rural area. Our vet feels that
our water has too many minerals and other stuff to give to our cats. He
recommends distilled water even over bottled water. So, they've been on
distilled water for years. We even take jugs of it when we travel. So
far, there ahve been no problems.
As an aside, one vet told me that a cat will drink about a cup of water
per day. Also, to encourage more liquids, I put out a saucer of Lactaid
milk per day for my cats that like milk. Two do, three do not.

-L.
February 25th 06, 02:45 AM
Margarita Salt wrote:
> Glad to see you went running to google just so you could find something
> to nitpick. I KNOW you didn't have that off the top of your head.

No, Dearie, of course I didn't. While you spent how-many-ever years it
was taking face fulls of cum, and getting nose jobs between face jobs,
I was working as a plant molecular biologist for 15 years - an
occupation I doubt you can even spell. So *of course* I have no idea
what steam distillation entails.


> However, I'm secure enough that I can give a minimum amount of
> information to make a point. I don't need to go into scientific
> detail, because the discussion doesn't require it. You, on the other
> hand, are one piece of work.

LOL...you were just wrong. Like I said, if you are going to flame him,
at least have your facts straight.

>
> You remind me of this woman on an administrative assistant board who
> always proclaimed she knew better because she used to be an
> administrator. Keywords: USED TO BE. She was clearly touched in the
> head and couldn't spell for beans. Even if it was true, which everyone
> doubted, that fact is she wasn't an administrator NOW. She was useless
> and had been fired, from what could be read in the subtext, though she
> denied it. And you know what? You leave EXACTLY the same impression
> with me. I don't care if you WERE a vet tech. You aren't one now and
> that speaks volumes.

LOL...yeah, it speaks volumes because I quit my job to adopt and raise
my son. How horrible!

Unlike you, Karleen, I proactively sought my job as a vet tech because
I loved animals. I loved the cats, loved interacting with the owners
and loved the work. I would do it again in a minute if and when I
*want* to work again, which won't be any time soon. It was an awesome
job and a wonderful learning experience - something you have
undoubtedly never experienced in your <ahem> career.

You, on the other hand, found it necessary to prostitute your body for
pay, because obviously, that's the only option you had. You were a
self-proclaimed second-rate porn star - one they "called when someone
else failed to show up" (your own words). Many times they even failed
to credit you, or miscredited you. How pathetic is that? You couldn't
even be a first-rate whore. Sheesh.

-L.

-L.
February 25th 06, 07:15 AM
Margarita Salt wrote:
> -L. > wrote in rec.pets.cats.health+behav:
>
> > You, on the other hand, found it necessary to prostitute your
> > body for pay, because obviously, that's the only option you had.
> > You were a self-proclaimed second-rate porn star - one they
> > "called when someone else failed to show up" (your own words).
> > Many times they even failed to credit you, or miscredited you.
> > How pathetic is that? You couldn't even be a first-rate whore.
> > Sheesh.
>
> I see you been quit obsessively busy.

LOL..yeah, I clicked the link Matthew provived.

> Seek help. NOW. You won't be
> of any use to cats on heavy meds if you continue to give into your OCD
> this way.
>
> Yup, a total faliure as a porn star. What would that mean, exactly,
> since I'm a highly successful private auditor now?

It means that spreading your legs even failed to get you the attention
you desperately seek. And you sucked (no pun intended) at that, too.

-L.

-L.
February 25th 06, 07:16 AM
Margarita Salt wrote:
> -L. > wrote in rec.pets.cats.health+behav:
>
> > LOL...yeah, it speaks volumes because I quit my job to adopt and
> > raise my son. How horrible!
>
> Yeah, right. Pardon me, but knowing personally how readily and easily
> you lie,

Have never lied yet.

>I have to say I don't believe that for a second. If it
> happens to be true, how sad for you that he neglects you so much that
> you have so much time to spend obsessively trying to get and keep
> attention from strangers on the net.

Unlike you, dear, my child has two parents.

-L.

NMR
February 25th 06, 09:15 AM
Just for you Lyn some interesting things found on Google sorry I top
posted

http://www.lukeisback.com/archives/archives/updates/981018.html
http://www.killfile.org/~tskirvin/archives/threats/brandy/brandy
http://www.killfile.org/dungeon/why/brandy.html
http://www.nndb.com/people/560/000026482/
http://today.answers.com/topic/brandy-alexandre
http://www.searchextreme.com/actordetails/Brandy_Alexandre/11581306841/
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0018852/
http://www.swydm.com/profiles/BrandyAlx

"-L." > wrote in message
oups.com...

-L.
February 25th 06, 10:07 AM
NMR wrote:
> Just for you Lyn some interesting things found on Google sorry I top
> posted
>

LOL...I don't swing that way, Matty.

-L.

Joe Canuck
February 25th 06, 05:09 PM
-L. wrote:
> Margarita Salt wrote:
>> Glad to see you went running to google just so you could find something
>> to nitpick. I KNOW you didn't have that off the top of your head.
>
> No, Dearie, of course I didn't. While you spent how-many-ever years it
> was taking face fulls of cum, and getting nose jobs between face jobs,
> I was working as a plant molecular biologist for 15 years - an
> occupation I doubt you can even spell. So *of course* I have no idea
> what steam distillation entails.
>
>
>> However, I'm secure enough that I can give a minimum amount of
>> information to make a point. I don't need to go into scientific
>> detail, because the discussion doesn't require it. You, on the other
>> hand, are one piece of work.
>
> LOL...you were just wrong. Like I said, if you are going to flame him,
> at least have your facts straight.
>
>> You remind me of this woman on an administrative assistant board who
>> always proclaimed she knew better because she used to be an
>> administrator. Keywords: USED TO BE. She was clearly touched in the
>> head and couldn't spell for beans. Even if it was true, which everyone
>> doubted, that fact is she wasn't an administrator NOW. She was useless
>> and had been fired, from what could be read in the subtext, though she
>> denied it. And you know what? You leave EXACTLY the same impression
>> with me. I don't care if you WERE a vet tech. You aren't one now and
>> that speaks volumes.
>
> LOL...yeah, it speaks volumes because I quit my job to adopt and raise
> my son. How horrible!
>

One needs to keep in mind here that Brandy doesn't like kids... so for
her that would be horrible. :-D

I'm thinking it is a blessing she doesn't have kids.


> Unlike you, Karleen, I proactively sought my job as a vet tech because
> I loved animals. I loved the cats, loved interacting with the owners
> and loved the work. I would do it again in a minute if and when I
> *want* to work again, which won't be any time soon. It was an awesome
> job and a wonderful learning experience - something you have
> undoubtedly never experienced in your <ahem> career.
>
> You, on the other hand, found it necessary to prostitute your body for
> pay, because obviously, that's the only option you had. You were a
> self-proclaimed second-rate porn star - one they "called when someone
> else failed to show up" (your own words). Many times they even failed
> to credit you, or miscredited you. How pathetic is that? You couldn't
> even be a first-rate whore. Sheesh.
>
> -L.
>

February 25th 06, 05:16 PM
Joe Canuck wrote:
>
> One needs to keep in mind here that Brandy doesn't like kids... so for
> her that would be horrible. :-D
>
> I'm thinking it is a blessing she doesn't have kids.

Yeah, she'd de-bark them for crying too much.

-L.

clifto
March 1st 06, 01:44 AM
wrote:
> We have well water since we live in a rural area. Our vet feels that
> our water has too many minerals and other stuff to give to our cats. He
> recommends distilled water even over bottled water. So, they've been on
> distilled water for years. We even take jugs of it when we travel. So
> far, there ahve been no problems.

For what turned out to be silly reasons, I started drinking distilled water
and/or spring water and suddenly developed a mouthful of cavities. I had
to go back to tap water to stop the epidemic.

Because we like the cats to get pure water, we've been using a product for
them for years, when a vet recommended it. Oxyfresh Pet Oral Hygiene Solution.
Seems great for the teeth, the vets never find much tartar or any real tooth
problems. Some vets carry it, or you can buy it on line. It's 5 mL per
"quart (1L)" [sic] of water, so we just put 20 mL into a gallon of distilled
water and fill the bowl as needed.

--
All relevant people are pertinent.
All rude people are impertinent.
Therefore, no rude people are relevant.
-- Solomon W. Golomb

March 1st 06, 05:26 AM
-L. wrote:
> Margarita Salt wrote:
> > Please, don't dole out information when you don't know what you're
> > talking about. Spring water is spring water, distilled water is
> > distilled water. Spring water is not "purified" distilled water.
> >
> > Distilled water does not have an odor, nor does it have anything
> > else. That's why it is recommended for steam irons, humidifiers,
> > vaporizers, etc., so the evaporation doesn't leave behind lime scale
> > or any other mineralization to corrode or clog the systems. It's
> > produced by condensation or evaporation.
>
> No, Hon, distilled water is produced by distillation. Evaporated
> water disassociates into hydrogen and oxygen molecules and condensed
> water isn't necessarily distilled water. If you are going to nit pick,
> at least be sure they are nits.
>
> -L.
> (snickering)

don't snicker too much, distillation is evaporation and condensation,
yuk yuk.

you can see this for yourself. take a pot of water and boil it. in a
way, crude way, you can say the water evaporates or become steams onto
a glass lid. if you tilt the lid, the water condenses on the lid and is
distilled water.

that's all a distiller does. creates steam, think vapor or gaseous
thing here, and then allows that steam to collect or condense back into
the liquid form.

March 1st 06, 05:32 AM
clifto wrote:
> For what turned out to be silly reasons, I started drinking distilled water
> and/or spring water and suddenly developed a mouthful of cavities. I had
> to go back to tap water to stop the epidemic.

get a flouride treatment from your dentist. it's a gel placed in the
mouth for so many minutes or whatever they do now. i gather you need
flouride to protect against cavities then?

> Because we like the cats to get pure water, we've been using a product for
> them for years, when a vet recommended it. Oxyfresh Pet Oral Hygiene Solution.
> Seems great for the teeth, the vets never find much tartar or any real tooth
> problems. Some vets carry it, or you can buy it on line. It's 5 mL per
> "quart (1L)" [sic] of water, so we just put 20 mL into a gallon of distilled
> water and fill the bowl as needed.

is this a hydrogen peroxide product? interesting, i'll check it out. i
hope it's not hydrogen peroxide which can possibly attack enamel if
you're not careful. it's a great killer of germs but i'm worried about
its long term effect on enamel. does it list the ingredients? could you
list them here? i don't see them listed offhand on the 'net.

March 1st 06, 05:56 AM
wrote:
> -L. wrote:
> > Margarita Salt wrote:
> > > Please, don't dole out information when you don't know what you're
> > > talking about. Spring water is spring water, distilled water is
> > > distilled water. Spring water is not "purified" distilled water.
> > >
> > > Distilled water does not have an odor, nor does it have anything
> > > else. That's why it is recommended for steam irons, humidifiers,
> > > vaporizers, etc., so the evaporation doesn't leave behind lime scale
> > > or any other mineralization to corrode or clog the systems. It's
> > > produced by condensation or evaporation.
> >
> > No, Hon, distilled water is produced by distillation. Evaporated
> > water disassociates into hydrogen and oxygen molecules and condensed
> > water isn't necessarily distilled water. If you are going to nit pick,
> > at least be sure they are nits.
> >
> > -L.
> > (snickering)

i missed your disassociation. that's not evaporation. that's
electrolysis.
evaporation is just water turning from a liquid state to a gaseous
state.
and condensed water _is_ distilled water if first evaporated or made
gaseous
and collected in a separate chamber or pot.

distilled leaves behind the minerals but does not leave behind the VOC
or volatile organic compounds because they also travel with the steam
and become gaseous as the water does. the minerals do not become
gaseous so can be left behind.

in other words, distilled water must be treated to get rid of the VOCs,
usually a charcoal filter but if one is not careful, one can
concentrate the VOCs in the distilled water and make it quite
dangerous. most distillers have an escape hole for the VOC's to escape
and not be collected in the collection chamber or carafe.

okay now back to the usual bickering :)

-L.
March 1st 06, 07:16 AM
wrote:
> i missed your disassociation. that's not evaporation. that's
> electrolysis.

The molecules DISASSOCIATE into hydorgen and oxygen.

Verb:
1. To cease associating; part.
2. Biology: To mutate or change morphologically, often reversibly.
3. Chemistry: To undergo dissociation.

Electrolysis has nothing to do with it. Electrolysis requires the
running of an electrical current through a compoud, and is defined
below:

NOUN:

1. Chemical change, especially decomposition, produced in an
electrolyte by an electric current.
2. Destruction of living tissue, especially of hair roots, by means
of an electric current applied with a needle-shaped electrode.



> evaporation is just water turning from a liquid state to a gaseous
> state.
> and condensed water _is_ distilled water if first evaporated or made
> gaseous
> and collected in a separate chamber or pot.

Correct. But evaporated water is not necessarily distilled water,
which is what I originally stated.


>
> distilled leaves behind the minerals but does not leave behind the VOC
> or volatile organic compounds because they also travel with the steam
> and become gaseous as the water does. the minerals do not become
> gaseous so can be left behind.
>
> in other words, distilled water must be treated to get rid of the VOCs,
> usually a charcoal filter but if one is not careful, one can
> concentrate the VOCs in the distilled water and make it quite
> dangerous. most distillers have an escape hole for the VOC's to escape
> and not be collected in the collection chamber or carafe.
>
> okay now back to the usual bickering :)

Let me guess - you read the ad on your water bottle...

-L.

Systemrecovery
March 1st 06, 07:18 AM
-L. wrote:

> Let me guess - you read the ad on your water bottle...
>
> -L.

and you felt like it was neccessary to set up at 2 am eternal and make
that remark.
interesting

i can't imagine anyone setting up at this hour posting anything

:

-L.
March 1st 06, 07:58 AM
Systemrecovery wrote:
> -L. wrote:
>
> > Let me guess - you read the ad on your water bottle...
> >
> > -L.
>
> and you felt like it was neccessary to set up at 2 am eternal and make
> that remark.

It's not even midnight here, Bar. I am a West Coaster, remember...


> interesting
>
> i can't imagine anyone setting up at this hour posting anything
>

Setting what up? Do you mean "sitting up"?

Late PM is the only time I have to myself, when my "guys" are sleeping.
:) I get all my housework done at night too. But because of this, I
require a siesta.

Go get your woobie and lay down on your beddie-bye. I will be in to
tuck you in, in a minnie...

-L.

March 1st 06, 03:52 PM
-L. wrote:
> wrote:
> > i missed your disassociation. that's not evaporation. that's
> > electrolysis.
>
> The molecules DISASSOCIATE into hydorgen and oxygen.

They do not. Evaporation does not cause disassociation. This is a
completely wrong comment from you.

Again, evaporation which you stated has nothing to do with
disassociation.

Evaporation is just going from a liquid to a gas, but the molecule is
still the same molecule, a water molecule with 2 hydrogen atoms to 1
oxygen atom. It's 2 hydrogen atoms to 1 oxygen atom because of the
valence of oxygen. Valences originally came from Linus Pauling who
received the Nobel Prize for this observation. His first Nobel Prize.
The second was the Peace Prize. And he was close to a third Nobel for
DNA but lost out by probably a matter of months. No one else has come
close to three Nobel Prizes as far as I know.

With me so far? Linus Pauling aside, evaporation is just a state
change.

If you wish to disassociate, you need a process like electrolysis which
separates the atoms in the water molecule H20 into the very different
gases of hydrogen and oxygen. At that point, it's obviously not water
at that point, and is, in fact, two separate gases that are not water
vapor.

But evaporation, again, does not do this. Evaporation keeps water as
water. If evaporation allowed disassociation, we would have free
energy, just about, unlimited quantities of hydrogen gas for fuel
without any effort but allowing the sun to evaporate the water.

We would also have extremely large quantities of the explosive gas of
hydrogen. Another reason that your comment that evaporation is
disassociation is just plain wrong, wrong, wrong. More than wrong, does
not make any sense. If water evaporations caused disassociations, the
entire earth would become a ball of fire and be destroyed.

In other words, our entire planet would be cooked if you were right in
your assertion that water disassociates from evaporation.

The earth is not being destroyed because water evaporation of the
oceans just causes the liquid water to become water vapor in the
atmosphere where it condenses back into a liquid like rain and so
forth.

Where on earth did you get the idea that evaporation causes water
molecules to disassociate? I am really curious. Was that a high school
chemistry class in which you were nodding off? Now before you argue
with me, just look this up in Wikipedia.com

> Let me guess - you read the ad on your water bottle...
>
> -L.

That's a start, you need to read the label on the bottle, how else do
you suggest starting? No label, then who is the manufacturer or
supplier? Then you contact the manufacturer and the state's labs and go
from there. The manufacturer and the state will send you the anaylses.
You can then compare them to see if they are the same, or in the same
ballpark. Then you can compare the analyses with what the EPA puts out
as guidelines. This is just the beginning but a good one. It's
enlightening to see the errors. The first time I did this, I pointed
out to the state that their tests for lead, the minimums, were much
higher than the EPA levels. In other words, the water could be
contaminated but it would not be known because they set their lab
standards incorrectly. To which the state lab replied, oh.

cybercat
March 1st 06, 04:32 PM
"Systemrecovery" > wrote in message
ups.com...
>
> -L. wrote:
>
> > Let me guess - you read the ad on your water bottle...
> >
> > -L.
>
> and you felt like it was neccessary to set up at 2 am eternal and make
> that remark.
> interesting
>
> i can't imagine anyone setting up at this hour posting anything
>
> :
>

hee!

p.s.~~It was two where you are but I think it was, say, 11 where Lyn is.

:

William Hamblen
March 2nd 06, 04:46 AM
On 2006-03-01, -L. > wrote:

> The molecules DISASSOCIATE into hydorgen and oxygen.
>
> Verb:
> 1. To cease associating; part.
> 2. Biology: To mutate or change morphologically, often reversibly.
> 3. Chemistry: To undergo dissociation.

Boiling water doesn't dissociate. You've got to heat steam well over
1,000 degrees C to get even a tiny amount of hydrogen and oxygen.

--
The night is just the shadow of the Earth.