PDA

View Full Version : 4 month old kit trying to nurse

QuiltsWithCatFur
February 24th 06, 03:01 AM
Well, he's nursing on his brother's fur and his spayed mother's tummy fur
where her nipls are.
Should I worry, separate them or will he grow out of it? Will this behavior
cause psychological illness in the poor host cat? The kitty/leech is not
stopped or dissuaded by either the host brother or mother. Everyone
involved seems to be okay with it except for us human onlookers. I have
heard of kittens trying to nurse human earlobes, but not each other. advice
appreciated.

Rhonda
February 24th 06, 04:41 AM
Okay, I can top that -- kittens trying to nurse at one year old.

We kept three kittens and the mom, and they tried to nurse forever. It
got more infrequent as time went on but sometimes I'd catch one nuzzling
in and could not believe it. There were a few times they checked out
each other's tummies, but mostly it was on the mom.

Unless you see any symptoms of illness and if he seems to be getting
enough to eat otherwise, I wouldn't worry.

Rhonda