PDA

View Full Version : Re: Too smart cat

Karen
February 25th 06, 03:18 AM
On 2006-02-24 20:09:34 -0600, said:

> Cat Five may be too smart for us. I got Kathi an electric heated throw
> blanket last Christmas for lounging in the living room as we turn the
> thermostat back (damn natural gas prices are extortionate in NY). Yesterday
> instead of it being on Kathi's chair, I found it on the floor in the living
> room and Cat Five was laying on it. Such a sweet kitty, I went to pet her.
> The blanket was warm, the damn thing was turned on!!! It was turned off
> when we went to bed last night, WTF?!?!?! Sometimes when the control hits
> the floor, the power button gets bumped, but it takes *two pushes* to put it
> up to high, which is where it was found as it was warming her butt! Freakin'
> cat!!!! :O LOL!

EEK! That's a bit scary too. Smart of Cat 5, but I hope you unplug it
in the future!

February 25th 06, 10:21 AM
wrote:

>>> The blanket was warm, the damn thing was turned on!!! It was
>>> turned off when we went to bed last night, WTF?!?!?! Sometimes
>>> when the control hits the floor, the power button gets bumped,
>>> but it takes *two pushes* to put it up to high
>>
>> EEK! That's a bit scary too. Smart of Cat 5, but I hope you unplug it
>> in the future!

> It's plugged into a switched power strip, so we're turning off that
> switch now too.

Hmm, that might not be enough. Just tonight, Roxy accidentally turned
off the power strip in my bedroom by stepping on it while she was racing
around. So it wouldn't take much for a cat to switch one on.

When Cat 5 starts plugging in unplugged appliances, then I think you
have something to worry about. :)

Joyce