PDA

View Full Version : My ginger tom

Ryan
February 25th 06, 11:04 AM
My ginger tom pet cat has a problem, he keeps biting a certain part of
his back, he makes it really saw, to the extent of it bleeding
seriously, he has to go to the vets several times per year to have it
treated. We have tried putting stuff on that makes it taste
horrible,,,but he still does it....any suggestions to save us a small
fortune would be most welcome :)

The other problem with this cat, we have another cat, a black one he
was abandoned by his owners and just came to our house one day, anyway,
ginger (the tom cat) attacts him for no reason, any suggestions most
welcome :)

February 26th 06, 01:16 AM
Ryan wrote:
> My ginger tom pet cat has a problem, he keeps biting a certain part of
> his back, he makes it really saw, to the extent of it bleeding
> seriously, he has to go to the vets several times per year to have it
> treated. We have tried putting stuff on that makes it taste
> horrible,,,but he still does it....any suggestions to save us a small
> fortune would be most welcome :)
>
> The other problem with this cat, we have another cat, a black one he
> was abandoned by his owners and just came to our house one day, anyway,
> ginger (the tom cat) attacts him for no reason, any suggestions most
> welcome :)

check for intestinal parasites, giardia, cryptosporidium.

ask the vet specifically.

vets, believe it or not, miss this. start with this. if you're lucky,
it's this and easy to cure.

Anna via CatKB.com
February 26th 06, 04:58 AM
>My ginger tom pet cat has a problem, he keeps biting a certain part of
>his back, he makes it really saw, to the extent of it bleeding
>seriously, he has to go to the vets several times per year to have it
>treated. We have tried putting stuff on that makes it taste
>horrible,,,but he still does it....any suggestions to save us a small
>fortune would be most welcome :)

He may need a new food. Could be allergic to what he's eating. Run this by
your vet.

>The other problem with this cat, we have another cat, a black one he
>was abandoned by his owners and just came to our house one day, anyway,
>ginger (the tom cat) attacts him for no reason, any suggestions most
>welcome :)

Are they neutured? Unneutured males will want to fight more.

Anna