PDA

View Full Version : Been away for a long time !!!!!!!!!

BlueBird
February 26th 06, 07:38 AM
This month on the 11th was one year since I lost my precious care taker (and
she took such very good care of me), Little Bit. For a long time I just
didn't think I'd make it without her. She was my only cat because due to
failing health I can't properly take care of more than one cat. It took a
couple of months before I was able to even think about getting another cat.
But I finally realized that my apartment was just an apartment without a cat
to make it a home. I just couldn't be without a cat. I got Shadow (another
beautiful, shiny black female) who was about 4-5 months old. She'd been
rescued by Friends of Feral when she was dumped at the age of about 3 weeks
old !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There were 56 sweet cats at the foster home where I
visited to try to find another cat to love. Shadow hit me immediately. But
she looked so much like Little Bit I was concerned it would be a problem.
But I ended up getting her out a second time and that was it. She was mine
from that moment on !!!!!! She's just the perfect cat for me. She is
laughter personified which I need very much in my life. Shes the most
playful cat I've ever had. She never and I mean NEVER has met a toy she
didn't want to play with..... even the toys in the big toy basket that all
the other cats in my life had rejected. She goes there in the morning,
after using the scratching post (G), first thing and drags out several toys.
Before the day is over she's gotten most of them out. I love watching her
rip through the house at a pace so fast it's a wonder she doesn't rocket
through the front window !!!!!! And she minds so well........ shhhhhhh
don't tell the other cats cuz they would drum her out of the club !!!! And
she, beyond a shadow (pardon the pun) of a doubt, knows just what I'm saying
to her......... like when I mention that I'm going to b r u s h her and
she shoots out of sight in a flash !!!!!! And she sleeps with me as close
as she can possibly get. To the point some nights of looking like a 'cat
boa' around my neck ! Sometimes I have to wake up and unwrap her cuz she's
tooooooo close. (G)

Time for us to head to bed. We love these week-ends alone when everyone is
busy and leaves us alone. We love it, love it and love it !!!!!!! We
stay up late just to experience more of the time together alone.

Cheryle and Shadow (and lets not leave out Rio)
In Memory of sweet Little Bit, my precious care taker !

MaryL
February 26th 06, 08:39 AM
"BlueBird" > wrote in message
> This month on the 11th was one year since I lost my precious care taker
> (and she took such very good care of me), Little Bit. For a long time I
> just didn't think I'd make it without her. She was my only cat because
> due to failing health I can't properly take care of more than one cat. It
> took a couple of months before I was able to even think about getting
> another cat. But I finally realized that my apartment was just an
> apartment without a cat to make it a home. I just couldn't be without a
> cat. I got Shadow (another beautiful, shiny black female) who was about
> 4-5 months old. She'd been rescued by Friends of Feral when she was
> dumped at the age of about 3 weeks old !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There were 56
> sweet cats at the foster home where I visited to try to find another cat
> to love. Shadow hit me immediately. But she looked so much like Little
> Bit I was concerned it would be a problem. But I ended up getting her out
> a second time and that was it. She was mine from that moment on !!!!!!
> She's just the perfect cat for me. She is laughter personified which I
> need very much in my life. Shes the most playful cat I've ever had. She
> never and I mean NEVER has met a toy she didn't want to play with.....
> even the toys in the big toy basket that all the other cats in my life had
> rejected. She goes there in the morning, after using the scratching post
> (G), first thing and drags out several toys. Before the day is over she's
> gotten most of them out. I love watching her rip through the house at a
> pace so fast it's a wonder she doesn't rocket through the front window
> !!!!!! And she minds so well........ shhhhhhh don't tell the other cats
> cuz they would drum her out of the club !!!! And she, beyond a shadow
> (pardon the pun) of a doubt, knows just what I'm saying to her.........
> like when I mention that I'm going to b r u s h her and she shoots out
> of sight in a flash !!!!!! And she sleeps with me as close as she can
> possibly get. To the point some nights of looking like a 'cat boa' around
> my neck ! Sometimes I have to wake up and unwrap her cuz she's tooooooo
> close. (G)
>
> Time for us to head to bed. We love these week-ends alone when everyone
> is busy and leaves us alone. We love it, love it and love it !!!!!!!
> We stay up late just to experience more of the time together alone.
>
> Cheryle and Shadow (and lets not leave out Rio)
> In Memory of sweet Little Bit, my precious care taker !

What a lovely story! It is obvious that you gave Little Bit the best life
possible -- and now you are giving a loving home to Shadow (and you are
receiving love in return).

MaryL

dopekitty
February 26th 06, 09:04 AM
BlueBird wrote:
> This month on the 11th was one year since I lost my precious care taker (and
> she took such very good care of me), Little Bit. For a long time I just
> didn't think I'd make it without her. She was my only cat because due to
> failing health I can't properly take care of more than one cat. It took a
> couple of months before I was able to even think about getting another cat.
> But I finally realized that my apartment was just an apartment without a cat
> to make it a home. I just couldn't be without a cat. I got Shadow (another
> beautiful, shiny black female) who was about 4-5 months old. She'd been
> rescued by Friends of Feral when she was dumped at the age of about 3 weeks
> old !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There were 56 sweet cats at the foster home where I
> visited to try to find another cat to love. Shadow hit me immediately. But
> she looked so much like Little Bit I was concerned it would be a problem.
> But I ended up getting her out a second time and that was it. She was mine
> from that moment on !!!!!! She's just the perfect cat for me. She is
> laughter personified which I need very much in my life. Shes the most
> playful cat I've ever had. She never and I mean NEVER has met a toy she
> didn't want to play with..... even the toys in the big toy basket that all
> the other cats in my life had rejected. She goes there in the morning,
> after using the scratching post (G), first thing and drags out several toys.
> Before the day is over she's gotten most of them out. I love watching her
> rip through the house at a pace so fast it's a wonder she doesn't rocket
> through the front window !!!!!! And she minds so well........ shhhhhhh
> don't tell the other cats cuz they would drum her out of the club !!!! And
> she, beyond a shadow (pardon the pun) of a doubt, knows just what I'm saying
> to her......... like when I mention that I'm going to b r u s h her and
> she shoots out of sight in a flash !!!!!! And she sleeps with me as close
> as she can possibly get. To the point some nights of looking like a 'cat
> boa' around my neck ! Sometimes I have to wake up and unwrap her cuz she's
> tooooooo close. (G)
>
> Time for us to head to bed. We love these week-ends alone when everyone is
> busy and leaves us alone. We love it, love it and love it !!!!!!! We
> stay up late just to experience more of the time together alone.
>
> Cheryle and Shadow (and lets not leave out Rio)
> In Memory of sweet Little Bit, my precious care taker !

What a wondrous thing a cat/slave relationship can be :) It's great to
hear from you again BlueBird, and glad to hear you have a source of
constant love/amusement :) I don't know what i'd do without my kitties
either!

Kristy

February 26th 06, 06:06 PM
On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 01:38:08 -0600, "BlueBird"
> wrote:

>This month on the 11th was one year since I lost my precious care taker (and
>she took such very good care of me), Little Bit. For a long time I just
>didn't think I'd make it without her. She was my only cat because due to
>failing health I can't properly take care of more than one cat. It took a
>couple of months before I was able to even think about getting another cat.
>But I finally realized that my apartment was just an apartment without a cat
>to make it a home. I just couldn't be without a cat. I got Shadow (another
>beautiful, shiny black female) who was about 4-5 months old. She'd been
>rescued by Friends of Feral when she was dumped at the age of about 3 weeks
>old !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There were 56 sweet cats at the foster home where I
>visited to try to find another cat to love. Shadow hit me immediately. But
>she looked so much like Little Bit I was concerned it would be a problem.
>But I ended up getting her out a second time and that was it. She was mine
>from that moment on !!!!!! She's just the perfect cat for me. She is
>laughter personified which I need very much in my life. Shes the most
>playful cat I've ever had. She never and I mean NEVER has met a toy she
>didn't want to play with..... even the toys in the big toy basket that all
>the other cats in my life had rejected. She goes there in the morning,
>after using the scratching post (G), first thing and drags out several toys.
>Before the day is over she's gotten most of them out. I love watching her
>rip through the house at a pace so fast it's a wonder she doesn't rocket
>through the front window !!!!!! And she minds so well........ shhhhhhh
>don't tell the other cats cuz they would drum her out of the club !!!! And
>she, beyond a shadow (pardon the pun) of a doubt, knows just what I'm saying
>to her......... like when I mention that I'm going to b r u s h her and
>she shoots out of sight in a flash !!!!!! And she sleeps with me as close
>as she can possibly get. To the point some nights of looking like a 'cat
>boa' around my neck ! Sometimes I have to wake up and unwrap her cuz she's
>tooooooo close. (G)
>
>Time for us to head to bed. We love these week-ends alone when everyone is
>busy and leaves us alone. We love it, love it and love it !!!!!!! We
>stay up late just to experience more of the time together alone.
>
>Cheryle and Shadow (and lets not leave out Rio)
>In Memory of sweet Little Bit, my precious care taker !

Awww, Cheryle, thanks for sharing your wonderful story about Shadow.
And welcome back!

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.moonsummer.com
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~summer/index.htm (genealogy)
Animals in Movies Website)

ann791
February 26th 06, 08:29 PM
Good to see your back. Wonderful news that you can give Shadow a forever
home.
Ann

see pictures of Sam at http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ann791/my_photos

"BlueBird" > wrote in message
> This month on the 11th was one year since I lost my precious care taker
> (and she took such very good care of me), Little Bit. For a long time I
> just didn't think I'd make it without her. She was my only cat because
> due to failing health I can't properly take care of more than one cat. It
> took a couple of months before I was able to even think about getting
> another cat. But I finally realized that my apartment was just an
> apartment without a cat to make it a home. I just couldn't be without a
> cat. I got Shadow (another beautiful, shiny black female) who was about
> 4-5 months old. She'd been rescued by Friends of Feral when she was
> dumped at the age of about 3 weeks old !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There were 56
> sweet cats at the foster home where I visited to try to find another cat
> to love. Shadow hit me immediately. But she looked so much like Little
> Bit I was concerned it would be a problem. But I ended up getting her out
> a second time and that was it. She was mine from that moment on !!!!!!
> She's just the perfect cat for me. She is laughter personified which I
> need very much in my life. Shes the most playful cat I've ever had. She
> never and I mean NEVER has met a toy she didn't want to play with.....
> even the toys in the big toy basket that all the other cats in my life had
> rejected. She goes there in the morning, after using the scratching post
> (G), first thing and drags out several toys. Before the day is over she's
> gotten most of them out. I love watching her rip through the house at a
> pace so fast it's a wonder she doesn't rocket through the front window
> !!!!!! And she minds so well........ shhhhhhh don't tell the other cats
> cuz they would drum her out of the club !!!! And she, beyond a shadow
> (pardon the pun) of a doubt, knows just what I'm saying to her.........
> like when I mention that I'm going to b r u s h her and she shoots out
> of sight in a flash !!!!!! And she sleeps with me as close as she can
> possibly get. To the point some nights of looking like a 'cat boa' around
> my neck ! Sometimes I have to wake up and unwrap her cuz she's tooooooo
> close. (G)
>
> Time for us to head to bed. We love these week-ends alone when everyone
> is busy and leaves us alone. We love it, love it and love it !!!!!!!
> We stay up late just to experience more of the time together alone.
>
> Cheryle and Shadow (and lets not leave out Rio)
> In Memory of sweet Little Bit, my precious care taker !

polonca12000
February 26th 06, 09:47 PM
BlueBird wrote:

> This month on the 11th was one year since I lost my precious care taker (and
> she took such very good care of me), Little Bit. For a long time I just
> didn't think I'd make it without her. She was my only cat because due to
> failing health I can't properly take care of more than one cat. It took a
> couple of months before I was able to even think about getting another cat.
> But I finally realized that my apartment was just an apartment without a cat
> to make it a home. I just couldn't be without a cat. I got Shadow (another
> beautiful, shiny black female) who was about 4-5 months old. She'd been
> rescued by Friends of Feral when she was dumped at the age of about 3 weeks
> old !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There were 56 sweet cats at the foster home where I
> visited to try to find another cat to love. Shadow hit me immediately. But
> she looked so much like Little Bit I was concerned it would be a problem.
> But I ended up getting her out a second time and that was it. She was mine
> from that moment on !!!!!! She's just the perfect cat for me. She is
> laughter personified which I need very much in my life. Shes the most
> playful cat I've ever had. She never and I mean NEVER has met a toy she
> didn't want to play with..... even the toys in the big toy basket that all
> the other cats in my life had rejected. She goes there in the morning,
> after using the scratching post (G), first thing and drags out several toys.
> Before the day is over she's gotten most of them out. I love watching her
> rip through the house at a pace so fast it's a wonder she doesn't rocket
> through the front window !!!!!! And she minds so well........ shhhhhhh
> don't tell the other cats cuz they would drum her out of the club !!!! And
> she, beyond a shadow (pardon the pun) of a doubt, knows just what I'm saying
> to her......... like when I mention that I'm going to b r u s h her and
> she shoots out of sight in a flash !!!!!! And she sleeps with me as close
> as she can possibly get. To the point some nights of looking like a 'cat
> boa' around my neck ! Sometimes I have to wake up and unwrap her cuz she's
> tooooooo close. (G)
>
> Time for us to head to bed. We love these week-ends alone when everyone is
> busy and leaves us alone. We love it, love it and love it !!!!!!! We
> stay up late just to experience more of the time together alone.
>
> Cheryle and Shadow (and lets not leave out Rio)
> In Memory of sweet Little Bit, my precious care taker !

I'm so glad to hear Shadow is taking such good care of you, BB! It's so
nice to hear from you. We think of you often.
Lots and lots of very gentle hugs, purrs and best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek

Steve Touchstone
February 27th 06, 09:08 AM
It's great to see you posting again - hope this means you're feeling
better. Course I remember your Little Bit, having one of my own (who
BTW, would never be called "little bitty kitty" now days - she could
stand to lose three pounds).
--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy, Little Bit and Spot

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page: http://www.sirinet.net/~stouchst/index.html

Magic Mood Jeep
February 27th 06, 10:16 AM
Steve Touchstone wrote:
> It's great to see you posting again - hope this means you're feeling
> better. Course I remember your Little Bit, having one of my own (who
> BTW, would never be called "little bitty kitty" now days - she could
> stand to lose three pounds).
> --
> Steve Touchstone,
> faithful servant of Sammy, Little Bit and Spot
> with loving memories of Rocky (RB)
>
> [remove Junk for email]
> Home Page: http://www.sirinet.net/~stouchst/index.html
> Cat Pix: http://www.sirinet.net/~stouchst/animals.html

I got a chuckle yesterday as, for part of the Spay Day USA (par of the Doris
Day Animal Foundation, http://www.ddaf.org/spayday/), our local Humane
Association was selling spay/neuter vouchers for the local low-cost clinic
at $5 each (limit of 10 per person, and they must meet income requirements,
plus be residents of our county), I was filling in the info on a voucher for
one persons cat, name *Li'l Bit*!!!!!

(As a side note, we sold 60 vouchers yesterday, but during Saturday when I
wasn't there, they sold 180!!!!!)

Monique Y. Mudama
February 28th 06, 12:26 AM
On 2006-02-26, BlueBird penned:

> Time for us to head to bed. We love these week-ends alone when everyone is
> busy and leaves us alone. We love it, love it and love it !!!!!!! We
> stay up late just to experience more of the time together alone.

I don't remember seeing your posts when I first showed up here, but I
have seen many posts about you from others on this group. I'm so glad
that you've found a loving kitty companion and that you are posting.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully