PDA

View Full Version : wildcat needs home

February 27th 06, 01:12 PM
I have a nine month old wild cat. Any suggestions on finding him a
home?

The vet and pound and cat shoppe in my area said you can't really find
homes for a wildcat very easily if at all. And now he's not a kiten
anymore which will make it harder I would think.

Thanks

awriteny
February 27th 06, 02:05 PM
I'm sorry that you were able to get the wild cat and that it's now
difficult for you to relocate him to a suitable home. Contact local
zoos in your area, since a person's home is a ridiculous place for a
wild cat, in the first place. Call animal control. They will, most
likely, take your wild cat, and find a suitable home. Please do not
dump your animal.

awriteny
February 27th 06, 02:07 PM
Perhaps I misunderstood your question. To me, a wild cat is an exotic
animal. My answer was addressing that. Did you mean a stray or feral
cat? My response would be much different.

LMR via CatKB.com
February 27th 06, 05:36 PM
wrote:
>I have a nine month old wild cat. Any suggestions on finding him a
>home?
>The vet and pound and cat shoppe in my area said you can't really find
>homes for a wildcat very easily if at all. And now he's not a kiten
>anymore which will make it harder I would think.

http://www.for-the-love-of-cats.com/FeralCatLinks.html

Gail
February 28th 06, 01:52 AM
Have him spayed and neutered and see if there is a person with a barn who
will feed and provide shelter for the cat.
Gail
"LMR via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> wrote:
>>I have a nine month old wild cat. Any suggestions on finding him a
>>home?
>>The vet and pound and cat shoppe in my area said you can't really find
>>homes for a wildcat very easily if at all. And now he's not a kiten
>>anymore which will make it harder I would think.
>
> http://www.for-the-love-of-cats.com/FeralCatLinks.html

February 28th 06, 04:40 PM
Hey,
It's a regular cat (not an exotic animal). I'm willing to pay money to
help find the cat a home if that helps any. I don't want to take him
the pound becuase they tell me it's not likely anyone would take in a
wild cat and would probably have to put him to sleep. Just trying to
identify all of my options.
Thanks

tn-morgen
February 28th 06, 04:53 PM
I just noticed this thread referenced in my traffic statistics. I never had
an account here and had to create one to reply to this thread. I am the
webmaster of www.for-the-love-of-cats.com I would never have a problem with
a feral cat, and know how to treat them. I might advise training and taming
exercises instead of a pound. If you can trap and neuter the cat and release
it back to the world, that would be OK, too, as I have links to the traps.
There are many training methods you can use to tame a cat. If the person who
started this thread would like to contact me, I would be more than happy to
help.

wrote:
>I have a nine month old wild cat. Any suggestions on finding him a
>home?
>
>The vet and pound and cat shoppe in my area said you can't really find
>homes for a wildcat very easily if at all. And now he's not a kiten
>anymore which will make it harder I would think.
>
>Thanks

February 28th 06, 05:28 PM
That's awesome. I'll keep this and when I get home and catch the cat
again I'll have your info and the other replies to help me go through
the process.

Thanks