PDA

View Full Version : All Natural Kitty Stimulants


cybercat
February 28th 06, 02:32 PM
Woke up to the little tabby bouncing from window to window and leaping on
the dresser knocking stuff off, trying to dig her way out of the corner of
the bedroom through the wall. (And just last night I was worried that the
cats might get bored.)

As it turns out a none-too-bright woodpecker was having at the side of the
house instead of his usual dead tree. I've seen this little bird, he's got a
red head but unlike any woodpecker I've seen he's really small, just a bit
bigger than a sparrow. Same black and white coloring they usually have.

I remember dreaming someone was knocking ...

cybercat
February 28th 06, 03:25 PM
"D." > wrote in message
ink.net...
> In article >,
> "cybercat" > wrote:
>
> > As it turns out a none-too-bright woodpecker was having at the side of
the
> > house instead of his usual dead tree. I've seen this little bird, he's
got a
> > red head but unlike any woodpecker I've seen he's really small, just a
bit
> > bigger than a sparrow. Same black and white coloring they usually have.
>

ahh! Thanks, I haven't dug out my bird book in years. I need to.

> It's probably a downy or a hairy. They're not big.
>
> Who says it's none-too-bright? It knows how to torment cats. :)
>

Good point. And now I am wondering if I had the termite guy when I was
supposed to last year ... or the year before that, as a matter of fact.
Could be this woodpecker is actually smarter than I am AND doing me a favor!

Morgen
February 28th 06, 05:13 PM
Might not be termites, either. Lots of little critters live on the
outsides of our houses.

jmcquown
March 1st 06, 12:36 AM
D. wrote:
> In article >,
> "cybercat" > wrote:
>
>> As it turns out a none-too-bright woodpecker was having at the side
>> of the house instead of his usual dead tree. I've seen this little
>> bird, he's got a red head but unlike any woodpecker I've seen he's
>> really small, just a bit bigger than a sparrow. Same black and white
>> coloring they usually have.
>
> It's probably a downy or a hairy. They're not big.
>
> Who says it's none-too-bright? It knows how to torment cats. :)

Downy woodpeckers are about 4 inches long from shoulder to tail. Hairy
woodpeckers are much larger, more like 6-7 inches. They have the same
markings. Males have red along the back of the head and spotted black
wings. Females have just the spotted wings, not the telltale red mark.

Jill <--longtime bird watcher

Rhonda
March 1st 06, 06:24 AM
Okay, I was going to ask you where to buy them!

Cats do love their little birdies, don't they? We hung a bird feeder and
the cats are entertained for hours. I think they would have a heart
attack if a woodpecker started working on the house.

Rhonda

cybercat wrote:

> Woke up to the little tabby bouncing from window to window and leaping on
> the dresser knocking stuff off, trying to dig her way out of the corner of
> the bedroom through the wall. (And just last night I was worried that the
> cats might get bored.)
>
> As it turns out a none-too-bright woodpecker was having at the side of the
> house instead of his usual dead tree. I've seen this little bird, he's got a
> red head but unlike any woodpecker I've seen he's really small, just a bit
> bigger than a sparrow. Same black and white coloring they usually have.
>
> I remember dreaming someone was knocking ...
>
>
>

cybercat
March 1st 06, 06:29 PM
"Rhonda" > wrote in message
...
> Okay, I was going to ask you where to buy them!
>
> Cats do love their little birdies, don't they? We hung a bird feeder and
> the cats are entertained for hours. I think they would have a heart
> attack if a woodpecker started working on the house.
>

:) Thanks for reminding me to fill mine!