PDA

View Full Version : Purrs, please...?

Kathryn
February 28th 06, 02:24 PM
"Singh" > wrote in message
>I just left the hospital after a few days on the cardiac floor.
>
> They still don't quite know if I had a heart attack. Thing is, they
> don't know what it is at all. Saturday at work I started having the
> chest pains, not to mention a fit of panic that could have shaken off my
> hair by the roots. I had the stress test, the nuclear crapola shot into
> me, my pictures taken by essentially a gigantic geiger counter. Now the
> THINK there's a tiny abnormality that I must get more pictures of today,
> and well, I'm having kittens right now.
>
> I haven't posted as often as I'd like, and have procastinated on things
> like sending out cards and things. I'm sorry, one and all, if I've come
> off as a rather thoughtless bum. I hope for your forgiveness. I also
> hope that all they saw yesterday was a little shadow caused by my
> necklace or one of my big boobs flopping over! Purr a few for me please.
> This isn't a wrist bone now and frankly I'm scared $#!+less.
>
> Blessed be,
> Baha

Sending purrs that everything is OK.

Kathryn

CatNipped
February 28th 06, 02:33 PM
Mega purrs coming for you Baha - we're purr-aying that it's nothing but an
anxiety attack.

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

"Singh" > wrote in message
>I just left the hospital after a few days on the cardiac floor.
>
> They still don't quite know if I had a heart attack. Thing is, they
> don't know what it is at all. Saturday at work I started having the
> chest pains, not to mention a fit of panic that could have shaken off my
> hair by the roots. I had the stress test, the nuclear crapola shot into
> me, my pictures taken by essentially a gigantic geiger counter. Now the
> THINK there's a tiny abnormality that I must get more pictures of today,
> and well, I'm having kittens right now.
>
> I haven't posted as often as I'd like, and have procastinated on things
> like sending out cards and things. I'm sorry, one and all, if I've come
> off as a rather thoughtless bum. I hope for your forgiveness. I also
> hope that all they saw yesterday was a little shadow caused by my
> necklace or one of my big boobs flopping over! Purr a few for me please.
> This isn't a wrist bone now and frankly I'm scared $#!+less.
>
> Blessed be,
> Baha

Helen Wheels
February 28th 06, 02:33 PM
Singh wrote:
> I just left the hospital after a few days on the cardiac floor.
>
> They still don't quite know if I had a heart attack. Thing is, they
> don't know what it is at all. Saturday at work I started having the
> chest pains, not to mention a fit of panic that could have shaken off my
> hair by the roots. I had the stress test, the nuclear crapola shot into
> me, my pictures taken by essentially a gigantic geiger counter. Now the
> THINK there's a tiny abnormality that I must get more pictures of today,
> and well, I'm having kittens right now.
>
> I haven't posted as often as I'd like, and have procastinated on things
> like sending out cards and things. I'm sorry, one and all, if I've come
> off as a rather thoughtless bum. I hope for your forgiveness. I also
> hope that all they saw yesterday was a little shadow caused by my
> necklace or one of my big boobs flopping over! Purr a few for me please.
> This isn't a wrist bone now and frankly I'm scared $#!+less.
>
> Blessed be,
> Baha

All the purrs and good thoughts we can muster are on their way.

badwilson
February 28th 06, 03:07 PM
Oh my, that's scary. Many purrs coming up. I hope it was just a panic
attack or something like that.
--
Britta
Purring is an automatic safety valve device for dealing with happiness

Singh wrote:
> I just left the hospital after a few days on the cardiac floor.
>
> They still don't quite know if I had a heart attack. Thing is, they
> don't know what it is at all. Saturday at work I started having the
> chest pains, not to mention a fit of panic that could have shaken off
> my hair by the roots. I had the stress test, the nuclear crapola shot
> into me, my pictures taken by essentially a gigantic geiger counter.
> Now the THINK there's a tiny abnormality that I must get more
> pictures of today, and well, I'm having kittens right now.
>
> I haven't posted as often as I'd like, and have procastinated on
> things like sending out cards and things. I'm sorry, one and all, if
> I've come off as a rather thoughtless bum. I hope for your
> forgiveness. I also hope that all they saw yesterday was a little
> shadow caused by my necklace or one of my big boobs flopping over!
> Purr a few for me please. This isn't a wrist bone now and frankly I'm
> scared $#!+less.
>
> Blessed be,
> Baha

Inge Grotjahn
February 28th 06, 03:12 PM
Dear Baha,

Am 28.02.2006 schrieb Singh:

> I just left the hospital after a few days on the cardiac floor.
>
> They still don't quite know if I had a heart attack. Thing is, they
> don't know what it is at all. Saturday at work I started having the
> chest pains, not to mention a fit of panic that could have shaken off my
> hair by the roots.

I'm so sorry to read that you are not well. Mega purrs are coming over to
you to comfort you and take away your fear. We cross our fingers for you,
that the 'thing' they found turns out to be nothing.

Purrs to you
Inge and the catgang

--
CatManiacs World: http://www.gwsystems.com/inge

Debra Berry
February 28th 06, 03:26 PM
Purrs and healing thoughts from me and my 4. I hope they
are able to help you and that it is something minor.

Debbie

Singh wrote:

> I just left the hospital after a few days on the cardiac floor.
>
> They still don't quite know if I had a heart attack. Thing is, they
> don't know what it is at all. Saturday at work I started having the
> chest pains, not to mention a fit of panic that could have shaken off my
> hair by the roots. I had the stress test, the nuclear crapola shot into
> me, my pictures taken by essentially a gigantic geiger counter. Now the
> THINK there's a tiny abnormality that I must get more pictures of today,
> and well, I'm having kittens right now.
>
> I haven't posted as often as I'd like, and have procastinated on things
> like sending out cards and things. I'm sorry, one and all, if I've come
> off as a rather thoughtless bum. I hope for your forgiveness. I also
> hope that all they saw yesterday was a little shadow caused by my
> necklace or one of my big boobs flopping over! Purr a few for me please.
> This isn't a wrist bone now and frankly I'm scared $#!+less.
>
> Blessed be,
> Baha

Monique Y. Mudama
February 28th 06, 05:11 PM
On 2006-02-28, Singh penned:
> I just left the hospital after a few days on the cardiac floor.
>
> They still don't quite know if I had a heart attack. Thing is, they
> don't know what it is at all. Saturday at work I started having the
> chest pains, not to mention a fit of panic that could have shaken
> off my hair by the roots. I had the stress test, the nuclear crapola
> shot into me, my pictures taken by essentially a gigantic geiger
> counter. Now the THINK there's a tiny abnormality that I must get
> more pictures of today, and well, I'm having kittens right now.

Many, many purrs for you.

DH had a heart scare last year. What I can definitely tell you is,
even if there's almost zero chance that anything is actually wrong,
they will keep you for several days just in case. They don't take
risks when it comes to your heart. So please don't worry overly much;
even if nothing's wrong, they just don't want to risk that they missed
anything.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Singh
February 28th 06, 05:14 PM
[...]

Shiral
February 28th 06, 05:46 PM
Hugs and purrs, Baha. I hope your fears will be calmed by good news in
further tests. But what you went through definitely sounds scary! I
don't blame you for being frightened at all.

Melissa

February 28th 06, 06:50 PM
On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 09:14:13 -0800, Singh >
wrote:

>I just left the hospital after a few days on the cardiac floor.
>
>They still don't quite know if I had a heart attack. Thing is, they
>don't know what it is at all. Saturday at work I started having the
>chest pains, not to mention a fit of panic that could have shaken off my
>hair by the roots. I had the stress test, the nuclear crapola shot into
>me, my pictures taken by essentially a gigantic geiger counter. Now the
>THINK there's a tiny abnormality that I must get more pictures of today,
>and well, I'm having kittens right now.
>
>I haven't posted as often as I'd like, and have procastinated on things
>like sending out cards and things. I'm sorry, one and all, if I've come
>off as a rather thoughtless bum. I hope for your forgiveness. I also
>hope that all they saw yesterday was a little shadow caused by my
>necklace or one of my big boobs flopping over! Purr a few for me please.
>This isn't a wrist bone now and frankly I'm scared $#!+less.
>
>Blessed be,
>Baha

{{{{Baha}}}}

Purrs that you are okay, and calming purrs for your nerves. I can
only imagine how scary this is for you. Hang in there, and get
better, okay?

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.moonsummer.com
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~summer/index.htm (genealogy)
Animals in Movies Website)

Jo Firey
February 28th 06, 06:57 PM
Honey, you get our purrs and prayers of course.

Hope there is nothing major wrong. But if there is that good and wise
doctors can make it right.

Please don't let things you think you should have done interfere with your
joy in you cats or your participation in this group. We love you just the
way you are. Really.

Jo

"Singh" > wrote in message
>I just left the hospital after a few days on the cardiac floor.
>
> They still don't quite know if I had a heart attack. Thing is, they
> don't know what it is at all. Saturday at work I started having the
> chest pains, not to mention a fit of panic that could have shaken off my
> hair by the roots. I had the stress test, the nuclear crapola shot into
> me, my pictures taken by essentially a gigantic geiger counter. Now the
> THINK there's a tiny abnormality that I must get more pictures of today,
> and well, I'm having kittens right now.
>
> I haven't posted as often as I'd like, and have procastinated on things
> like sending out cards and things. I'm sorry, one and all, if I've come
> off as a rather thoughtless bum. I hope for your forgiveness. I also
> hope that all they saw yesterday was a little shadow caused by my
> necklace or one of my big boobs flopping over! Purr a few for me please.
> This isn't a wrist bone now and frankly I'm scared $#!+less.
>
> Blessed be,
> Baha

Christina Websell
February 28th 06, 06:57 PM
"Singh" > wrote in message
>I just left the hospital after a few days on the cardiac floor.
>
> They still don't quite know if I had a heart attack. Thing is, they
> don't know what it is at all.

Oh my goodness, lots of purrs it turns out to be nothing major. I had a
similar scare myself in 2003 and the hospital will not commit themselves to
saying it was or was not a heart attack for me either.

Did you have an ECG? If so, what did it indicate? Mine was abnormal the
day after but by the time my appointment with a cardiologist came through
(whoops, my doctor forgot to get in touch with me for months..) it was
difficult to tell.
I had a treadmill test (very fit apparently!) and waited 6 months for a
heart scan which was inconclusive, so I still don't know.
I weighed about 130 lbs at the time. I am quite small, 5' 4" and they told
me to not let myself get too much heavier as it would be a heart risk.
I've let my weight creep up to over 140 lbs now. This is because of my
recent illness and operation. I just could not walk much at all.

I shall start walking briskly for at least half an hour per day as soon as
the weather warms up a bit. I always used to do this in my lunch hour,
before I got ill. Maybe 2 hours or more over the weekend then, too.

Tweed

Monique Y. Mudama
February 28th 06, 09:19 PM
On 2006-02-28, penned:

> I do wish they would
> consider an angiogram (heart cath). It is a fairly serious
> procedure, but really the only way that I was diagnosed. I passed
> the stress test, thalium test, bloodwork, and ultrasounds with
> flying colors and pronounced cardiac-healthy when I was actually on
> borrowed time with four clogged arteries. They would not have found
> it without an angiogram.

What about a nuclear stress test? My father in law also had yearly,
perfect, stress tests; he took a nuclear stress test on a whim and it
turned out he needed quad bypass surgery! It actually shows the
doctors whether all of the areas of your heart are getting blood.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Howard C. Berkowitz
February 28th 06, 09:47 PM
In article . com>,
> wrote:

> Singh wrote:
> > I just left the hospital after a few days on the cardiac floor.
> >
> > They still don't quite know if I had a heart attack. Thing is, they
> > don't know what it is at all. Saturday at work I started having the
> > chest pains, not to mention a fit of panic that could have shaken off my
> > hair by the roots. I had the stress test, the nuclear crapola shot into
> > me, my pictures taken by essentially a gigantic geiger counter. Now the
> > THINK there's a tiny abnormality that I must get more pictures of today,
> > and well, I'm having kittens right now.
> >
> > I haven't posted as often as I'd like, and have procastinated on things
> > like sending out cards and things. I'm sorry, one and all, if I've come
> > off as a rather thoughtless bum. I hope for your forgiveness. I also
> > hope that all they saw yesterday was a little shadow caused by my
> > necklace or one of my big boobs flopping over! Purr a few for me please.
> > This isn't a wrist bone now and frankly I'm scared $#!+less.
> >
> > Blessed be,
> > Baha
>
> Purrs that all is well and you're just having anxiety or something.
> (well, I don't mean "just"--not to minimize that either)
> Don't be scared. If anything's wrong, they'll find it and fix it. It's
> absolutely amazing what medicine can do these days. I know this; I am
> living in the bonus round because of it.
> I do wish they would consider an angiogram (heart cath). It is a fairly
> serious procedure, but really the only way that I was diagnosed. I
> passed the stress test, thalium test, bloodwork, and ultrasounds with
> flying colors and pronounced cardiac-healthy when I was actually on
> borrowed time with four clogged arteries. They would not have found it
> without an angiogram.

Cardiac MRI, in centers with substantial experience, appears to be at
about the same accuracy as angiography, but it's noninvasive. It's not
a total substitute, depending on what diagnoses are being considered.
There are some other noninvasive tests, but I'd put them in the
research category.

A heart cath is more than just shooting dye, which is the angiogram
part. It also measures pressures in the chambers of the heart, which
can, for example, give information on lung function, valve
inefficiencies, etc.

Purrs.

Irulan
February 28th 06, 11:03 PM
oh goodness, purrs and prayers for your good health. Please keep us updated.
Lily & her mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come
"Singh" > wrote in message
>I just left the hospital after a few days on the cardiac floor.
>
> They still don't quite know if I had a heart attack. Thing is, they
> don't know what it is at all. Saturday at work I started having the
> chest pains, not to mention a fit of panic that could have shaken off my
> hair by the roots. I had the stress test, the nuclear crapola shot into
> me, my pictures taken by essentially a gigantic geiger counter. Now the
> THINK there's a tiny abnormality that I must get more pictures of today,
> and well, I'm having kittens right now.
>
> I haven't posted as often as I'd like, and have procastinated on things
> like sending out cards and things. I'm sorry, one and all, if I've come
> off as a rather thoughtless bum. I hope for your forgiveness. I also
> hope that all they saw yesterday was a little shadow caused by my
> necklace or one of my big boobs flopping over! Purr a few for me please.
> This isn't a wrist bone now and frankly I'm scared $#!+less.
>
> Blessed be,
> Baha

Yoj
March 1st 06, 12:41 AM
Purrs are on the way.

--
Joy

**Don't believe everything you think**

"Singh" > wrote in message
> I just left the hospital after a few days on the cardiac floor.
>
> They still don't quite know if I had a heart attack. Thing is, they
> don't know what it is at all. Saturday at work I started having the
> chest pains, not to mention a fit of panic that could have shaken off my
> hair by the roots. I had the stress test, the nuclear crapola shot into
> me, my pictures taken by essentially a gigantic geiger counter. Now the
> THINK there's a tiny abnormality that I must get more pictures of today,
> and well, I'm having kittens right now.
>
> I haven't posted as often as I'd like, and have procastinated on things
> like sending out cards and things. I'm sorry, one and all, if I've come
> off as a rather thoughtless bum. I hope for your forgiveness. I also
> hope that all they saw yesterday was a little shadow caused by my
> necklace or one of my big boobs flopping over! Purr a few for me please.
> This isn't a wrist bone now and frankly I'm scared $#!+less.
>
> Blessed be,
> Baha

Victor Martinez
March 1st 06, 12:44 AM
Singh wrote:
> This isn't a wrist bone now and frankly I'm scared $#!+less.

We're sending lots and lots of purrs for this to be nothing serious.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam here:

John F. Eldredge
March 1st 06, 03:17 AM
wrote:

>I just left the hospital after a few days on the cardiac floor.
>
>They still don't quite know if I had a heart attack. Thing is, they
>don't know what it is at all. Saturday at work I started having the
>chest pains, not to mention a fit of panic that could have shaken off my
>hair by the roots. I had the stress test, the nuclear crapola shot into
>me, my pictures taken by essentially a gigantic geiger counter. Now the
>THINK there's a tiny abnormality that I must get more pictures of today,
>and well, I'm having kittens right now.
>
>I haven't posted as often as I'd like, and have procastinated on things
>like sending out cards and things. I'm sorry, one and all, if I've come
>off as a rather thoughtless bum. I hope for your forgiveness. I also
>hope that all they saw yesterday was a little shadow caused by my
>necklace or one of my big boobs flopping over! Purr a few for me please.
>This isn't a wrist bone now and frankly I'm scared $#!+less.
>
>Blessed be,
>Baha

I hope you get good results. A full-blown heart attack makes
characteristic changes in blood enzymes, but angina caused by a
partial blockage doesn't necessarily show up in the blood tests.

I recently spent five days in the hospital, going in Friday before
last with chest and left arm pain, and shortness of breath. It wasn't
severe, but I have a history of heart disease and thought it best to
make sure.

Since I have had a heart attack in the past, and have six stents, the
nuclear stress test doesn't give very helpful results in my case. It
just says that my blood flow patterns aren't normal, which the doctor
knew anyway. So, the doctor decided to skip a stress test and do an
arteriogram, where a catheter is fed into my femoral artery,
maneuvered up close to the heart, and dye is released into the
bloodstream so that the blood vessels will show up on an X-ray screen.

As it turned out, no new blockages had appeared since my last
arteriogram, about a year ago (Yay!). The heart doctor referred me to
an orthopedic (bones and joints) specialist. I saw the latter today,
who diagnosed a pinched nerve in my neck, and has prescribed physical
therapy. The shortness of breath was apparently caused by the
combination of pain and nervousness about the situation.

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from http://pgp.mit.edu

March 1st 06, 03:26 AM
Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
> On 2006-02-28, penned:
> >
> > I do wish they would
> > consider an angiogram (heart cath). It is a fairly serious
> > procedure, but really the only way that I was diagnosed. I passed
> > the stress test, thalium test, bloodwork, and ultrasounds with
> > flying colors and pronounced cardiac-healthy when I was actually on
> > borrowed time with four clogged arteries. They would not have found
> > it without an angiogram.
>
> What about a nuclear stress test? My father in law also had yearly,
> perfect, stress tests; he took a nuclear stress test on a whim and it
> turned out he needed quad bypass surgery! It actually shows the
> doctors whether all of the areas of your heart are getting blood.
>
> --
> monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

It's basically the same thing as a thalium test, I believe. It just
showed my arteries to be normal. I don't know why. They were getting
ready to send me home and a different dr. came in the room and said,
wait a minute, your electrocardiogram is changing from the first one we
had. It shouldn't do that, so just to be sure, let's do a heart cath.
They didn't even wake me up from the heart cath, they immediately did a
quad CABAG.
They really don't like to do heart caths, they carry a far greater risk
and are much more expensive than the other tests. But I am convinced it
is the only way to get a real definitive idea of what is going on with
the heart.
Sherry

Gandalf
March 1st 06, 03:52 AM
On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 09:14:13 -0800, Singh > wrote:

>I just left the hospital after a few days on the cardiac floor.
>
>They still don't quite know if I had a heart attack. Thing is, they
>don't know what it is at all. Saturday at work I started having the
>chest pains, not to mention a fit of panic that could have shaken off my
>hair by the roots. I had the stress test, the nuclear crapola shot into
>me, my pictures taken by essentially a gigantic geiger counter. Now the
>THINK there's a tiny abnormality that I must get more pictures of today,
>and well, I'm having kittens right now.
>
>I haven't posted as often as I'd like, and have procastinated on things
>like sending out cards and things. I'm sorry, one and all, if I've come
>off as a rather thoughtless bum. I hope for your forgiveness. I also
>hope that all they saw yesterday was a little shadow caused by my
>necklace or one of my big boobs flopping over! Purr a few for me please.
>This isn't a wrist bone now and frankly I'm scared $#!+less.
>
>Blessed be,
>Baha

Hope further testing turns up nothing to be concerned about.

Purrs on the way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

- Robert Heinlein

Life is very difficult. Once you understand that, life becomes easier.
-Buddha

Takayuki
March 1st 06, 03:56 AM
Singh > wrote:
>I just left the hospital after a few days on the cardiac floor.
>
>They still don't quite know if I had a heart attack. Thing is, they
>don't know what it is at all.

Oh!! That *is* very worrying! But to look on the bright side, even
if it was a heart attack, you're home now, and it's over. Whatever it
was didn't kill or disable you, and now the doctors can look over you
and fix whatever it was that happened.

Sam
March 1st 06, 03:57 AM
Singh wrote:
> I just left the hospital after a few days on the cardiac floor.
>
> They still don't quite know if I had a heart attack. Thing is, they
> don't know what it is at all. Saturday at work I started having the
> chest pains, not to mention a fit of panic that could have shaken off my
> hair by the roots. I had the stress test, the nuclear crapola shot into
> me, my pictures taken by essentially a gigantic geiger counter. Now the
> THINK there's a tiny abnormality that I must get more pictures of today,
> and well, I'm having kittens right now.
>
> I haven't posted as often as I'd like, and have procastinated on things
> like sending out cards and things. I'm sorry, one and all, if I've come
> off as a rather thoughtless bum. I hope for your forgiveness. I also
> hope that all they saw yesterday was a little shadow caused by my
> necklace or one of my big boobs flopping over! Purr a few for me please.
> This isn't a wrist bone now and frankly I'm scared $#!+less.
>
> Blessed be,
> Baha

OMG, Baha! How scary! Twin turbo purrs coming your way for this to be
easily controlled. Scooter sends a dollop of doggie drool to make you
better, too.

--
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe

Singh
March 1st 06, 04:06 AM
I went to an outpatient cardac testing place today and guess what? they
STILL won't tell me anything! Damned AMA. I figure they want to get their
fingers on a few extra bucks that'll eventually find their way to the
coffers of that esteemed association when I have to get further (mental
health) therapy. I'll find out a week from Friday.

I did have to get nuked up again. I got well-nuked at the hospital yesterday
when I did the stress test. Today I got shot up with enough stuff that my
turds will have a half-life. If I was going to get pregnant and wanted a
two-headed baby with green body hair, this would be the time. Then I got
stuffed into something resembling a tightly-fitting donut for nearly an
hour. They did have a mirror geared up so I could watch the real-life soap
opera that is Court TV. But watching the crawl at the bottom of the screen
in a mirror was a little too much! To add to this, I then got shot up with
something that made my heart think I was running a treadmill--a
disconcerting feeling if you're shoved into a gigantic metal donut. It took
a while to shake the lazy man's runner's high this generated.

I have not had the angiogram, though I had EKG on top of EKG these past four
days. If they can't find out if my heart went on a deranged shopping spree
Saturday morning, I suppose this unpleasant-sounding procedure's the next
thing on the list. All the results were sent to both my GP and my
psychiatrist, in case my medication's throwing me into left field.

The babies, God bless them, have been all over me since I got back, though
Stosh was really agitated for a while. I'm told he was quite surly while I
was gone. Last night he wanted to engage me in a particularly vigorous
wrestling match, which I had to decline; I've had enough punctures from
IV's, sugar checks and this damnable series of shots I had to take in the
gut, of some species of anti-coagulant. Brandy has just wanted to curl up
next to me, Roxie has been very vocal for my attention, and even Odessa let
me hold her twice today. Stosh got up on me last night and began to knead,
and I knew he's forgiven me for my inconsiderate absence.

Blessed be,
Baha

Adrian
March 1st 06, 10:27 AM
Singh wrote:
> I just left the hospital after a few days on the cardiac floor.
>
> They still don't quite know if I had a heart attack. Thing is, they
> don't know what it is at all. Saturday at work I started having the
> chest pains, not to mention a fit of panic that could have shaken off
> my hair by the roots. I had the stress test, the nuclear crapola shot
> into me, my pictures taken by essentially a gigantic geiger counter.
> Now the THINK there's a tiny abnormality that I must get more
> pictures of today, and well, I'm having kittens right now.
>
> I haven't posted as often as I'd like, and have procastinated on
> things like sending out cards and things. I'm sorry, one and all, if
> I've come off as a rather thoughtless bum. I hope for your
> forgiveness. I also hope that all they saw yesterday was a little
> shadow caused by my necklace or one of my big boobs flopping over!
> Purr a few for me please. This isn't a wrist bone now and frankly I'm
> scared $#!+less.
>
> Blessed be,
> Baha

Lots of healthy purrs on the way.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
A House is not a home, without a cat.

Lesley
March 1st 06, 11:38 AM
Baha

Purrs on their way from the Fabulous Furballs

Lesley

Susan M
March 1st 06, 06:50 PM
"Singh" > wrote in message
>I went to an outpatient cardac testing place today and guess what? they
> STILL won't tell me anything! Damned AMA. I figure they want to get their
> fingers on a few extra bucks that'll eventually find their way to the
> coffers of that esteemed association when I have to get further (mental
> health) therapy. I'll find out a week from Friday.

We are sending lots of purrs and prayers for you.

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Monique Y. Mudama
March 1st 06, 07:14 PM
On 2006-03-01, John F Eldredge penned:

> I hope you get good results. A full-blown heart attack makes
> characteristic changes in blood enzymes, but angina caused by a
> partial blockage doesn't necessarily show up in the blood tests.

As I understand it, heart damage causes characteristic changes in
blood enzymes, and heart attack is one potential cause of it, but the
same changes also happen if a virus has somehow attacked your heart
and caused damage. Or anything that caused damage to the heart, no
matter how minor. So if there are enzyme changes, that's a good
reason to pay close attention, but it doesn't necessarily mean there's
been a heart attack.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

polonca12000
March 1st 06, 09:28 PM
Singh wrote:

> I just left the hospital after a few days on the cardiac floor.
>
> They still don't quite know if I had a heart attack. <snip> Purr a few for me please.
> This isn't a wrist bone now and frankly I'm scared $#!+less.
>
> Blessed be,
> Baha

Lots and lots of purrs and best wishes for you to be ok,
Polonca and Soncek

polonca12000
March 1st 06, 09:30 PM
Singh wrote:

> I went to an outpatient cardac testing place today and guess what? they
> STILL won't tell me anything! <snip>
> The babies, God bless them, have been all over me since I got back, though
> Stosh was really agitated for a while. I'm told he was quite surly while I
> was gone. Last night he wanted to engage me in a particularly vigorous
> wrestling match, which I had to decline; I've had enough punctures from
> IV's, sugar checks and this damnable series of shots I had to take in the
> gut, of some species of anti-coagulant. Brandy has just wanted to curl up
> next to me, Roxie has been very vocal for my attention, and even Odessa let
> me hold her twice today. Stosh got up on me last night and began to knead,
> and I knew he's forgiven me for my inconsiderate absence.
>
> Blessed be,
> Baha

I'm so glad to hear you have such great kitty nurses.
Lots and lots of purrs and best wishes for you to be ok,
Polonca and Soncek

Monique Y. Mudama
March 1st 06, 11:36 PM
On 2006-03-01, Singh penned:
> I went to an outpatient cardac testing place today and guess what?
> they STILL won't tell me anything! Damned AMA. I figure they want to
> get their fingers on a few extra bucks that'll eventually find their
> way to the coffers of that esteemed association when I have to get
> further (mental health) therapy. I'll find out a week from Friday.

Continuing purrs for you and your heart.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Suz
March 2nd 06, 01:43 AM
Singh wrote:
> I just left the hospital after a few days on the cardiac floor.
>
> They still don't quite know if I had a heart attack. Thing is, they
> don't know what it is at all. Saturday at work I started having the
> chest pains, not to mention a fit of panic that could have shaken off my
> hair by the roots. I had the stress test, the nuclear crapola shot into
> me, my pictures taken by essentially a gigantic geiger counter. Now the
> THINK there's a tiny abnormality that I must get more pictures of today,
> and well, I'm having kittens right now.
>
> I haven't posted as often as I'd like, and have procastinated on things
> like sending out cards and things. I'm sorry, one and all, if I've come
> off as a rather thoughtless bum. I hope for your forgiveness. I also
> hope that all they saw yesterday was a little shadow caused by my
> necklace or one of my big boobs flopping over! Purr a few for me please.
> This isn't a wrist bone now and frankly I'm scared $#!+less.
>
> Blessed be,
> Baha

Oh my goodness, purrs heading to Buffalo.
Suz&Spicey

Victor Martinez
March 2nd 06, 03:09 AM
Singh wrote:
> The babies, God bless them, have been all over me since I got back, though

They seem to have an extra sense that allows them to know when we need
them most.
We're purring for you and sending you lots of good karma.

Victor

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam here: