PDA

View Full Version : Toilet behaviour

psychman
February 28th 06, 10:34 PM
Greetings feline fans

My cat has recently taken to going to the toilet indoors, in a corner or
just -um- on the spot if pushed. She's 8, healthy, a bit timid. There's a
catflap to a large garden and she's on speaking terms with neighbouring
cats.

She's never been keen on venturing out if it's wet and/or windy but this
behaviour is now getting ingrained, not to say annoying the human residents.

Anyone come across similar?

Thanks for any theories/suggestions...

Camilla Baird
March 1st 06, 12:25 AM
psychman wrote:
> Greetings feline fans
>
> My cat has recently taken to going to the toilet indoors, in a corner or
> just -um- on the spot if pushed. She's 8, healthy, a bit timid. There's a
> catflap to a large garden and she's on speaking terms with neighbouring
> cats.
>
> She's never been keen on venturing out if it's wet and/or windy but this
> behaviour is now getting ingrained, not to say annoying the human residents.
>
> Anyone come across similar?
>
> Thanks for any theories/suggestions...

What is your question?? Why she is going to the toilet indoors?? Maybe
there is a new cat in the neighbourhood that is bullying her - maybe she
is sick and needs a vet check-up. Whenever cats suddenly change
behaviour it is always a good idea to visit the vet. In the meantime, it
might be an idea to arrange a litterbox for her indoors ;-)
Camilla

Anna via CatKB.com
March 1st 06, 02:44 AM
>My cat has recently taken to going to the toilet indoors, in a corner or
>just -um- on the spot if pushed. She's 8, healthy, a bit timid. There's a
>catflap to a large garden and she's on speaking terms with neighbouring
>cats.

Take her to vet to have her urine checked. She could have a bladder
infection. You can't possibly know that she's healthy just by looking at
her; they can hide illness well.

>She's never been keen on venturing out if it's wet and/or windy but this
>behaviour is now getting ingrained, not to say annoying the human residents.

Sounds like it's been going on for awhile. So I will repeat - take her to
the vet.

Anna

Alison
March 1st 06, 09:40 PM
"psychman" > wrote in message
> Greetings feline fans
>
> My cat has recently taken to going to the toilet indoors, in a corner or
> just -um- on the spot if pushed. She's 8, healthy, a bit timid. There's a
> catflap to a large garden and she's on speaking terms with neighbouring
> cats.
>
> She's never been keen on venturing out if it's wet and/or windy but this
> behaviour is now getting ingrained, not to say annoying the human
residents.

> Anyone come across similar?
>
> Thanks for any theories/suggestions... >>>

Lots of advice here -
http://www.fabcats.org/spraying.html

I would clean up the urine as recommended on the fabcats website.
Use a black light to check for spots you have missed. Provide her with a
litter tray. My cat has outside daytime access as she choses but she has a
litter tray too.

--
Alison
http://catinfolinks.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/