PDA

View Full Version : Scottie left today 2/28

Candace
February 28th 06, 11:50 PM
I had him put to sleep this afternoon. He had an esophageal stricture
meaning the opening was very narrow. The vet felt it was probably
cancer but we won't ever know because I opted to not send the specimen
to the pathologist. There is really nothing that could have been done
other than to insert a permanent feeding tube in his side and feed him
thru that. He would never be able to eat again, through his mouth.
What kind of life would that be for a cat? Plus if it was cancer, it
would only get worse and it had, in fact, continually gotten worse over
the last few weeks since he could originally eat wet food but could not
do so any longer. He would even gag on his own saliva several times a
day and there wouldn't be anything to prevent that. Those choking and
gagging episodes were awful to watch. So he didn't quite make it to
9...a pretty short run for a cat but at least he had a home since he
started out as a little feral stray. And he was a pretty happy cat,
played a lot, loved Abbey. The euthanasia part never bothers me all
that much, I am glad to be able to be with them. It's the time leading
up to it when you are torn with indecision that is the hardest for me.
So the worst is over (for me) and I think he's up there with Emily,
Cory, Miles. and all the stray outdoor kitties we have had since living
here and I hope he's eating a nice, big meal again.

Thank you for your concern. He was a very good and handsome boy.
There's something about an orange cat; it's such an unlikely color for
a cat when you think about it and his orange was very orange. I'll
miss my orange kitty.

Candace

See my cats, including Scottie:
http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace

CatNipped
February 28th 06, 11:57 PM
Ah Candace, I'm so sorry to hear that! Please know I'm thinking about you,
we're sending purrs and purr-ayers to hopefully help heal your broken heart
and I'll light a candle tonight to help light Scottie's way to the bridge.

{{{{{{{{{{Candace}}}}}}}}}}

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

"Candace" > wrote in message
ups.com...
>I had him put to sleep this afternoon. He had an esophageal stricture
> meaning the opening was very narrow. The vet felt it was probably
> cancer but we won't ever know because I opted to not send the specimen
> to the pathologist. There is really nothing that could have been done
> other than to insert a permanent feeding tube in his side and feed him
> thru that. He would never be able to eat again, through his mouth.
> What kind of life would that be for a cat? Plus if it was cancer, it
> would only get worse and it had, in fact, continually gotten worse over
> the last few weeks since he could originally eat wet food but could not
> do so any longer. He would even gag on his own saliva several times a
> day and there wouldn't be anything to prevent that. Those choking and
> gagging episodes were awful to watch. So he didn't quite make it to
> 9...a pretty short run for a cat but at least he had a home since he
> started out as a little feral stray. And he was a pretty happy cat,
> played a lot, loved Abbey. The euthanasia part never bothers me all
> that much, I am glad to be able to be with them. It's the time leading
> up to it when you are torn with indecision that is the hardest for me.
> So the worst is over (for me) and I think he's up there with Emily,
> Cory, Miles. and all the stray outdoor kitties we have had since living
> here and I hope he's eating a nice, big meal again.
>
> Thank you for your concern. He was a very good and handsome boy.
> There's something about an orange cat; it's such an unlikely color for
> a cat when you think about it and his orange was very orange. I'll
> miss my orange kitty.
>
> Candace
>
> See my cats, including Scottie:
> http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace

PawsForThought
February 28th 06, 11:58 PM
{{{{Candace}}}} I am so sorry for your loss.

Hugs,
Lauren

cybercat
March 1st 06, 12:04 AM
"Candace" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> I had him put to sleep this afternoon.

Oh, God, Candace, I am so sorry. I'm in tears for you and Tony, and sweet
Scottie. You have been wonderful, your instincts were right from the start,
but you gave him every chance and gave Tony the chance to make sure it was
the right time to let go. You saved Scottie a lot of suffering, and there
comes a time in some lives when that is the greatest gift you can give.
Still, I am so sorry you lost him so young.

NMR
March 1st 06, 12:08 AM
I am so sorry for your lost Candace. You shall see Scottie again

Something to remember and keep in your heart

"Always remember We will be there even if you can't see us.We are always
Watching and Waiting. That cool puff of air youfeel across your cheek, that
fleeting touch, the feeling you have that I was walking across your bed,
that moment you swear you can hear us, that flicker of movement out of the
corner of your eye. Is just our way of saying I love you and I am with you
always even in the darkest time We Will Always Be There. Till our paws
touch again always know we love you and cherished our special time together"

Purrs and Huggs,
Matthew
<shedding tears for your loss>

"PawsForThought" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> {{{{Candace}}}} I am so sorry for your loss.
>
> Hugs,
> Lauren

Elle
March 1st 06, 12:18 AM
Candace, thanks for taking such good care of Scottie and
ultimately minimizing his suffering. I looked at the photos.
He is one gorgeous fellow. Take good care.

"Candace" > wrote
> See my cats, including Scottie:
> http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace

blkcatgal
March 1st 06, 12:23 AM
I am so sorry to hear about Scottie. Being the catmom of an orange kitty, I
know how special they are. And having just lost one of my own kitties about
a month ago, I understand what you went through trying to decide if it's
"time." You and Scottie are in my thoughts and prayers.

Sue

"Candace" > wrote in message
ups.com...
>I had him put to sleep this afternoon. He had an esophageal stricture
> meaning the opening was very narrow. The vet felt it was probably
> cancer but we won't ever know because I opted to not send the specimen
> to the pathologist. There is really nothing that could have been done
> other than to insert a permanent feeding tube in his side and feed him
> thru that. He would never be able to eat again, through his mouth.
> What kind of life would that be for a cat? Plus if it was cancer, it
> would only get worse and it had, in fact, continually gotten worse over
> the last few weeks since he could originally eat wet food but could not
> do so any longer. He would even gag on his own saliva several times a
> day and there wouldn't be anything to prevent that. Those choking and
> gagging episodes were awful to watch. So he didn't quite make it to
> 9...a pretty short run for a cat but at least he had a home since he
> started out as a little feral stray. And he was a pretty happy cat,
> played a lot, loved Abbey. The euthanasia part never bothers me all
> that much, I am glad to be able to be with them. It's the time leading
> up to it when you are torn with indecision that is the hardest for me.
> So the worst is over (for me) and I think he's up there with Emily,
> Cory, Miles. and all the stray outdoor kitties we have had since living
> here and I hope he's eating a nice, big meal again.
>
> Thank you for your concern. He was a very good and handsome boy.
> There's something about an orange cat; it's such an unlikely color for
> a cat when you think about it and his orange was very orange. I'll
> miss my orange kitty.
>
> Candace
>
> See my cats, including Scottie:
> http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace

-L.
March 1st 06, 12:26 AM
Candace wrote:
> I had him put to sleep this afternoon. He had an esophageal stricture
> meaning the opening was very narrow. The vet felt it was probably
> cancer but we won't ever know because I opted to not send the specimen
> to the pathologist. There is really nothing that could have been done
> other than to insert a permanent feeding tube in his side and feed him
> thru that. He would never be able to eat again, through his mouth.
> What kind of life would that be for a cat? Plus if it was cancer, it
> would only get worse and it had, in fact, continually gotten worse over
> the last few weeks since he could originally eat wet food but could not
> do so any longer. He would even gag on his own saliva several times a
> day and there wouldn't be anything to prevent that. Those choking and
> gagging episodes were awful to watch. So he didn't quite make it to
> 9...a pretty short run for a cat but at least he had a home since he
> started out as a little feral stray. And he was a pretty happy cat,
> played a lot, loved Abbey. The euthanasia part never bothers me all
> that much, I am glad to be able to be with them. It's the time leading
> up to it when you are torn with indecision that is the hardest for me.
> So the worst is over (for me) and I think he's up there with Emily,
> Cory, Miles. and all the stray outdoor kitties we have had since living
> here and I hope he's eating a nice, big meal again.
>
> Thank you for your concern. He was a very good and handsome boy.
> There's something about an orange cat; it's such an unlikely color for
> a cat when you think about it and his orange was very orange. I'll
> miss my orange kitty.
>
> Candace

Oh Candace, I am so sorry. My heart goes out to you and Tony.
hugs,
-L.

Charlie Wilkes
March 1st 06, 12:27 AM
On 28 Feb 2006 14:50:43 -0800, "Candace" > wrote:

>Thank you for your concern. He was a very good and handsome boy.
>There's something about an orange cat; it's such an unlikely color for
>a cat when you think about it and his orange was very orange. I'll
>miss my orange kitty.

I'm sorry to hear this, Candace. I can also see why you are glad it
is resolved, with your mother to think about.

These animals tend to be short-lived, so we just have to make the most
of every day we got 'em.

I just looked at your pictures, and it's pretty obvious that cats are
at the center of your life.

Charlie

Joe Canuck
March 1st 06, 12:28 AM
Very sorry for your loss... hang onto the memories.

Kitkat
March 1st 06, 01:29 AM
Hugs and purrs to you, Candace. I am so sorry. You have me welled up
with tears over here and I came out of my lurking/hiatus just so I could
be one more reminder that those of us who love cats and sit in front
of our computer monitors reading these messages from all parts of the
world are thinking of you.

King Dudley is purring very loudly right now. Luna sends her purrs, too.
Love,
Pam, Luna and Dudley

Maria
March 1st 06, 01:47 AM
I am so sorry about Scottie. Sasha, Liz, Ben, and Keeker send their purrs.
Your pictures are beautiful.

Maria

"Kitkat" > wrote in message
. com...
> Hugs and purrs to you, Candace. I am so sorry. You have me welled up with
> tears over here and I came out of my lurking/hiatus just so I could be one
> more reminder that those of us who love cats and sit in front of our
> computer monitors reading these messages from all parts of the world are
> thinking of you.
>
> King Dudley is purring very loudly right now. Luna sends her purrs, too.
> Love,
> Pam, Luna and Dudley

mlbriggs
March 1st 06, 02:21 AM
On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 14:50:43 -0800, Candace wrote:

> I had him put to sleep this afternoon. He had an esophageal stricture
> meaning the opening was very narrow. The vet felt it was probably
> cancer but we won't ever know because I opted to not send the specimen
> to the pathologist. There is really nothing that could have been done
> other than to insert a permanent feeding tube in his side and feed him
> thru that. He would never be able to eat again, through his mouth.
> What kind of life would that be for a cat? Plus if it was cancer, it
> would only get worse and it had, in fact, continually gotten worse over
> the last few weeks since he could originally eat wet food but could not
> do so any longer. He would even gag on his own saliva several times a
> day and there wouldn't be anything to prevent that. Those choking and
> gagging episodes were awful to watch. So he didn't quite make it to
> 9...a pretty short run for a cat but at least he had a home since he
> started out as a little feral stray. And he was a pretty happy cat,
> played a lot, loved Abbey. The euthanasia part never bothers me all
> that much, I am glad to be able to be with them. It's the time leading
> up to it when you are torn with indecision that is the hardest for me.
> So the worst is over (for me) and I think he's up there with Emily,
> Cory, Miles. and all the stray outdoor kitties we have had since living
> here and I hope he's eating a nice, big meal again.
>
> Thank you for your concern. He was a very good and handsome boy.
> There's something about an orange cat; it's such an unlikely color for
> a cat when you think about it and his orange was very orange. I'll
> miss my orange kitty.
>
> Candace
>
> See my cats, including Scottie:
> http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace

"...rise up slowly, Angel. It's hard to let you go>>>"
He suffers no more. Sincere condolences. MLB

Buddy
March 1st 06, 02:34 AM
I am crying as if he were my own. We are soooooooooo sorry for your
loss.

Elizabeth Blake
March 1st 06, 04:25 AM
"Candace" > wrote in message
ups.com...

Candace,

I'm very sorry to hear about Scottie.

--
Liz

Systemrecovery
March 1st 06, 06:11 AM
Candace wrote:

> Thank you for your concern. He was a very good and handsome boy.
> There's something about an orange cat; it's such an unlikely color for
> a cat when you think about it and his orange was very orange. I'll
> miss my orange kitty.
>
> Candace

oh, im so sorry

I guess you can find a tad of comfort, knowing that Scottie knew he was
well loved.

Are you going to bury him in your yard?

I buried mine in the back yard. I'll never forget him.

This is just me talking, maybe you are able to get away for a few days
or more
maybe visit relatives and friends...I couldn't get away, but it helped
me to talk to people that I know cared about me, I could get some hugs
and some luvs. It really helped me to talk to friends...but I didn't
want to stay home alone.

I'll put you in my prayers tonight, best to you and your husband
Candace.

Barry

Rhonda
March 1st 06, 06:17 AM
Darn, Candace, I was hoping for better news.

You really went the extra mile for your boy -- I hope you know that. I'm
glad you brought him home with you from the hospital the first time, he
had more time to enjoy with you.

I wish he could have stayed around longer, but in looking at his
pictures it looks like he had such a full and happy life.

He was a handsome boy. I've never seen an orange guy with such a cute,
white mustache.

Take care of yourself, Candace. And I wish Scottie a peaceful trip to
the bridge.

Rhonda

Candace wrote:

> Thank you for your concern. He was a very good and handsome boy.
> There's something about an orange cat; it's such an unlikely color for
> a cat when you think about it and his orange was very orange. I'll
> miss my orange kitty.
>
> Candace
>
> See my cats, including Scottie:
> http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace

Glitter Ninja
March 1st 06, 06:21 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss. Scottie had a wonderful home with you and
you are obviously a great kitty parent.
Orange cats are indeed the best. My first cat, an orange tabby with
golden eyes, was the best cat in the world. Scottie excepted, of
course.

Stacia

Phil P.
March 1st 06, 08:27 AM
"Candace" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> I had him put to sleep this afternoon. He had an esophageal stricture
> meaning the opening was very narrow. The vet felt it was probably
> cancer

I'm very sorry to hear this. You have my deepest sympathies.

Phil

Lesley
March 1st 06, 12:44 PM

> > I had him put to sleep this afternoon. He had an esophageal stricture
> > meaning the opening was very narrow. The vet felt it was probably
> > cancer

Hugs and Purrs

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Wendy
March 1st 06, 12:58 PM
"Candace" > wrote in message
ups.com...
>I had him put to sleep this afternoon. He had an esophageal stricture
> meaning the opening was very narrow. The vet felt it was probably
> cancer but we won't ever know because I opted to not send the specimen
> to the pathologist. There is really nothing that could have been done
> other than to insert a permanent feeding tube in his side and feed him
> thru that. He would never be able to eat again, through his mouth.
> What kind of life would that be for a cat? Plus if it was cancer, it
> would only get worse and it had, in fact, continually gotten worse over
> the last few weeks since he could originally eat wet food but could not
> do so any longer. He would even gag on his own saliva several times a
> day and there wouldn't be anything to prevent that. Those choking and
> gagging episodes were awful to watch. So he didn't quite make it to
> 9...a pretty short run for a cat but at least he had a home since he
> started out as a little feral stray. And he was a pretty happy cat,
> played a lot, loved Abbey. The euthanasia part never bothers me all
> that much, I am glad to be able to be with them. It's the time leading
> up to it when you are torn with indecision that is the hardest for me.
> So the worst is over (for me) and I think he's up there with Emily,
> Cory, Miles. and all the stray outdoor kitties we have had since living
> here and I hope he's eating a nice, big meal again.
>
> Thank you for your concern. He was a very good and handsome boy.
> There's something about an orange cat; it's such an unlikely color for
> a cat when you think about it and his orange was very orange. I'll
> miss my orange kitty.
>
> Candace
>
> See my cats, including Scottie:
> http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace

So sorry for your loss. He was a handsome boy and obviously well taken care
of. He may not have had a super long life but he knew he was loved and that
you did the best you could for him.

Lorraine
March 1st 06, 02:47 PM
On 28 Feb 2006 14:50:43 -0800, "Candace" > wrote:

>I had him put to sleep this afternoon.

I'm sorry, Candace.

L.

Debra Berry
March 1st 06, 07:47 PM
Candace,

I am so sorry to hear of Scottie's passing. You gave him a wonderful
home, lots of love, and did all you could to help him through this
problem. You and Scottie are in my thoughts.

Debbie

Candace wrote:

> I had him put to sleep this afternoon. He had an esophageal stricture
> meaning the opening was very narrow. The vet felt it was probably
> cancer but we won't ever know because I opted to not send the specimen
> to the pathologist. There is really nothing that could have been done
> other than to insert a permanent feeding tube in his side and feed him
> thru that. He would never be able to eat again, through his mouth.
> What kind of life would that be for a cat? Plus if it was cancer, it
> would only get worse and it had, in fact, continually gotten worse over
> the last few weeks since he could originally eat wet food but could not
> do so any longer. He would even gag on his own saliva several times a
> day and there wouldn't be anything to prevent that. Those choking and
> gagging episodes were awful to watch. So he didn't quite make it to
> 9...a pretty short run for a cat but at least he had a home since he
> started out as a little feral stray. And he was a pretty happy cat,
> played a lot, loved Abbey. The euthanasia part never bothers me all
> that much, I am glad to be able to be with them. It's the time leading
> up to it when you are torn with indecision that is the hardest for me.
> So the worst is over (for me) and I think he's up there with Emily,
> Cory, Miles. and all the stray outdoor kitties we have had since living
> here and I hope he's eating a nice, big meal again.
>
> Thank you for your concern. He was a very good and handsome boy.
> There's something about an orange cat; it's such an unlikely color for
> a cat when you think about it and his orange was very orange. I'll
> miss my orange kitty.
>
> Candace
>
> See my cats, including Scottie:
> http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace

ksteinATharbornetDOTcom
March 1st 06, 08:00 PM
On 28 Feb 2006 14:50:43 -0800, "Candace" > wrote:

>I had him put to sleep this afternoon. He had an esophageal stricture
>meaning the opening was very narrow. The vet felt it was probably
>cancer but we won't ever know because I opted to not send the specimen
>to the pathologist. There is really nothing that could have been done
>other than to insert a permanent feeding tube in his side and feed him
>thru that. He would never be able to eat again, through his mouth.
>What kind of life would that be for a cat? Plus if it was cancer, it
>would only get worse and it had, in fact, continually gotten worse over
>the last few weeks since he could originally eat wet food but could not
>do so any longer. He would even gag on his own saliva several times a
>day and there wouldn't be anything to prevent that. Those choking and
>gagging episodes were awful to watch. So he didn't quite make it to
>9...a pretty short run for a cat but at least he had a home since he
>started out as a little feral stray. And he was a pretty happy cat,
>played a lot, loved Abbey. The euthanasia part never bothers me all
>that much, I am glad to be able to be with them. It's the time leading
>up to it when you are torn with indecision that is the hardest for me.
>So the worst is over (for me) and I think he's up there with Emily,
>Cory, Miles. and all the stray outdoor kitties we have had since living
>here and I hope he's eating a nice, big meal again.
>
>Thank you for your concern. He was a very good and handsome boy.
>There's something about an orange cat; it's such an unlikely color for
>a cat when you think about it and his orange was very orange. I'll
>miss my orange kitty.
>
>Candace
>
>See my cats, including Scottie:
>http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace

I'm really sorry, Candace. There's definitely something about those
orange cats...I've had several, all different and all wonderful and
all, like yours, VERY orange.

Kathi