PDA

View Full Version : What Is With Cat's LitterBox Obsession?

Larry R Harrison Jr
March 2nd 06, 03:09 PM
Our male cat suddenly is obsessed with the litter box. OBSESSED, for real.
He is in there almost all the time, squatting, digging, whatever.
Practically all the time. Sorry, but I'm a "do your business and get out of
there" owner, after all that's what our female cat does. She goes in there
when she needs to, buries is, done. And he was that way, but suddenly he's
possessed.

It's become so annoying I've taken to removing the litter box altogether,
except for brief moments.

What is with this cat acting this way?

LRH

cybercat
March 2nd 06, 03:15 PM
"Larry R Harrison Jr" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Our male cat suddenly is obsessed with the litter box. OBSESSED, for real.
> He is in there almost all the time, squatting, digging, whatever.
> Practically all the time. Sorry, but I'm a "do your business and get out
of
> there" owner, after all that's what our female cat does. She goes in there
> when she needs to, buries is, done. And he was that way, but suddenly he's
> possessed.
>
> It's become so annoying I've taken to removing the litter box altogether,
> except for brief moments.
>
> What is with this cat acting this way?

Because you're a cat-abusing psycho and he's figured out that it bothers
you?

Trying to get a rise out of the sappy cat people again, eh Larry?

:)

Barb
March 2nd 06, 05:08 PM
Please take him to a vet. He may have a blockage or urinary tract
infection.

--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,

Gail
March 2nd 06, 07:16 PM
YES. Take him to a vet ASAP.
Gail
"Anna via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> Larry R Harrison Jr wrote:
>>Our male cat suddenly is obsessed with the litter box. OBSESSED, for real.
>>He is in there almost all the time, squatting, digging, whatever.
>>Practically all the time. Sorry, but I'm a "do your business and get out
>>of
>>there" owner, after all that's what our female cat does. She goes in there
>>when she needs to, buries is, done. And he was that way, but suddenly he's
>>possessed.
>>
>>It's become so annoying I've taken to removing the litter box altogether,
>>except for brief moments.
>
> He needs to be taken to vet and urine tested as he most likely has a
> urinary
> tract infection. An untreated UTI in a male will eventually turn into a
> blockage from the build-up of struvite crystals blocking his urethra,
> which
> will be an emergency situation resulting in great pain and/or death.
>
> Anna

Anna via CatKB.com
March 2nd 06, 07:46 PM
Larry R Harrison Jr wrote:
>Our male cat suddenly is obsessed with the litter box. OBSESSED, for real.
>He is in there almost all the time, squatting, digging, whatever.
>Practically all the time. Sorry, but I'm a "do your business and get out of
>there" owner, after all that's what our female cat does. She goes in there
>when she needs to, buries is, done. And he was that way, but suddenly he's
>possessed.
>
>It's become so annoying I've taken to removing the litter box altogether,
>except for brief moments.

He needs to be taken to vet and urine tested as he most likely has a urinary
tract infection. An untreated UTI in a male will eventually turn into a
blockage from the build-up of struvite crystals blocking his urethra, which
will be an emergency situation resulting in great pain and/or death.

Anna

William Hamblen
March 3rd 06, 12:46 AM
On 2006-03-02, Larry R Harrison Jr > wrote:
> Our male cat suddenly is obsessed with the litter box. OBSESSED, for real.
> He is in there almost all the time, squatting, digging, whatever.
> Practically all the time. Sorry, but I'm a "do your business and get out of
> there" owner, after all that's what our female cat does. She goes in there
> when she needs to, buries is, done. And he was that way, but suddenly he's
> possessed.
>
> It's become so annoying I've taken to removing the litter box altogether,
> except for brief moments.
>
> What is with this cat acting this way?

It is likely the cat has urinary tract trouble or fecal impactation.
Take it to the vet.

--
The night is just the shadow of the Earth.