PDA

View Full Version : Re: Question for the group

Ryan Robbins
March 4th 06, 07:00 AM
"Margarita Salt" > wrote in message
> Should he have said, "I found a dead cat and buried it," or is keeping
> an old lady's hopes up that the cat is well and happy the right thing
> to do?

He should have been honest. Death is a part of life, and it is silly for us
to try to avoid it by using euphemisms such as "pts," "passed away," "passed
on," "crossed the Rainbow Bridge," etc.

In the last couple of years, I have encountered the corpse of a cat in the
road, which I moved off the pavement, and I have taken an unknown cat to the
hospital after it was hit by a car. The cat had to be euthanized. In both
cases, I sought the owner.

To be anything less than honest to that woman in your case is unethical.