PDA

View Full Version : This group has gone to pot


---MIKE---
March 8th 06, 12:11 AM
As of now there are over 400 posts on the "crazy cat" thread. The new
posts have nothing to do with the original post. These posts have
pushed useful posts to the bottom. Why not start a completely new
thread if you want to argue?


---MIKE---
>>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
>> (44 15' N - Elevation 1580')

cybercat
March 8th 06, 01:15 AM
"---MIKE---" > wrote in message
...
As of now there are over 400 posts on the "crazy cat" thread. The new
posts have nothing to do with the original post. These posts have
pushed useful posts to the bottom. Why not start a completely new
thread if you want to argue?


Or, you could get a computer and block the threads you don't want
to read.

---MIKE---
March 8th 06, 01:37 AM
>>Or, you could get a computer and block
>> the threads you don't want to read.

Or you could KISS MY ASS.


---MIKE---
>>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
>> (44 15' N - Elevation 1580')

cybercat
March 8th 06, 01:56 AM
"---MIKE---" > wrote in message
...
>>Or, you could get a computer and block
>> the threads you don't want to read.

Or you could KISS MY ASS.

There's nothing like a cranky webbie. :)


---MIKE---
>>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
>> (44 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Joe Canuck
March 8th 06, 04:10 AM
---MIKE--- wrote:
>>> Or, you could get a computer and block
>>> the threads you don't want to read.
>
> Or you could KISS MY ASS.

I think you were jealous and just wanted to start your own argument
thread. :D

Whiplash
March 8th 06, 04:42 AM
---MIKE--- wrote:
> As of now there are over 400 posts on the "crazy cat" thread. The new
> posts have nothing to do with the original post. These posts have
> pushed useful posts to the bottom. Why not start a completely new
> thread if you want to argue?

well, you carry no pretentions

your a liar

first you say you have a heating pad under your cat, and you say it's
med to high on the heat (i will drag that post up if need be)

once someone says..the heating pad is doing it...you say..OH it's on
low...
yeah right

poor little cat..the little thing don't know no better, she was just
getting some sunshine and you made her little belly bald...im glad it's
healing up now...

there's no telling what damage you have done to her circulatory
nothing is free MIKE there is a price to every thing...
i have explained this time and time again...

but it's ok, we all do things sometimes out of ignorance
(some of us)

some of us just have better sense

damn liar

cybercat
March 8th 06, 05:31 AM
"Joe Canuck" > wrote in message
...
> ---MIKE--- wrote:
> >>> Or, you could get a computer and block
> >>> the threads you don't want to read.
> >
> > Or you could KISS MY ASS.
>
> I think you were jealous and just wanted to start your own argument
> thread. :D

: D

March 8th 06, 07:20 AM
---MIKE--- wrote:
> As of now there are over 400 posts on the "crazy cat" thread. The new
> posts have nothing to do with the original post. These posts have
> pushed useful posts to the bottom. Why not start a completely new
> thread if you want to argue?
>

You'll have a much better experience with newsgroups if you use a
regular connection and not webtv.

Google groups is better than nothing. A real newsreader is much better.

Both of those will sort by thread, so all the new posts in a thread you
don't like will take up the space of one line. Very easy to delete and
move on. Fewer problems for you, and you won't be bothered by large
threads like this.

cybercat
March 8th 06, 06:03 PM
> wrote in message
oups.com...
>
> ---MIKE--- wrote:
> > As of now there are over 400 posts on the "crazy cat" thread. The new
> > posts have nothing to do with the original post. These posts have
> > pushed useful posts to the bottom. Why not start a completely new
> > thread if you want to argue?
> >
>
> You'll have a much better experience with newsgroups if you use a
> regular connection and not webtv.
>
> Google groups is better than nothing. A real newsreader is much better.
>
> Both of those will sort by thread, so all the new posts in a thread you
> don't like will take up the space of one line. Very easy to delete and
> move on. Fewer problems for you, and you won't be bothered by large
> threads like this.
>
That was my point. I hope you don't get a "kiss my ass" too! Mike is
very sensitive about his webtv unit.

I just think that if you are going to participate in a global, unmoderated
forum, you need decent tools if some of the content bothers you so much
you cannot bear to click past it or delete it.

PawsForThought
March 8th 06, 07:01 PM
wrote:
> You'll have a much better experience with newsgroups if you use a
> regular connection and not webtv.

Just curious, but what exactly is webtv?

---MIKE---
March 8th 06, 09:01 PM
>>Just curious, but what exactly is webtv?

Webtv - also known as MSNTV is a very convenient browser that uses a TV
as a monitor and has a wireless, infrared keyboard. Right now, Tiger is
sleeping on my lap and the keyboard is next to me on the couch. I am
typing with my right hand. Webtv has drawbacks but more than makes up
for them in convenience. It is the only answer for me because I have no
place to put a computer. The biggest drawback is having to put up with
the jerks that think they are superior because they use a computer. One
big advantage is I am never exposed to a virus - ever.


---MIKE---
>>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
>> (44 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Joe Canuck
March 9th 06, 12:48 AM
---MIKE--- wrote:
>>> Just curious, but what exactly is webtv?
>
> Webtv - also known as MSNTV is a very convenient browser that uses a TV
> as a monitor and has a wireless, infrared keyboard. Right now, Tiger is
> sleeping on my lap and the keyboard is next to me on the couch. I am
> typing with my right hand. Webtv has drawbacks but more than makes up
> for them in convenience. It is the only answer for me because I have no
> place to put a computer. The biggest drawback is having to put up with
> the jerks that think they are superior because they use a computer. One

Naw, the biggest drawback is the limited screen size of webTV that
displays an equally limited amount of information... which I believe is
the basis of your complaint.

Get over it... either move to a computer based Internet experience or
suffer the drawbacks of webTV and stop yer whining 'n complaining about it.


> big advantage is I am never exposed to a virus - ever.
>
>
> ---MIKE---
>>> In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
> >> (44 15' N - Elevation 1580')
>

cybercat
March 9th 06, 01:19 AM
"Joe Canuck" > wrote :
>
> Get over it... either move to a computer based Internet experience or
> suffer the drawbacks of webTV and stop yer whining 'n complaining about
it.
>

Yep. The hallmark of a healthy newsgroup is a LOT of traffic. The only
people
who ever complain about too much is webtv users. Megan actually tried that.
"You are flooding the group with on-topic posts!" Muhahaha ...

Matthew AKA NMR \( NO MORE RETAIL \)
March 9th 06, 01:20 AM
What ever happened to her

cybercat
March 9th 06, 01:41 AM
"Matthew AKA NMR ( NO MORE RETAIL )" <10 points a troll
@linethetrollsup.com> wrote in message
...
> What ever happened to her
>

heh heh heh

I think she may have gotten into some trouble for going "real life" on
someone.

Matthew AKA NMR \( NO MORE RETAIL \)
March 9th 06, 01:42 AM
I haven't seen her post since last year when we got into it and what
happened happened
"cybercat" > wrote in message
...
>
> "Matthew AKA NMR ( NO MORE RETAIL )" <10 points a troll
> @linethetrollsup.com> wrote in message
> ...
>> What ever happened to her
>>
>
> heh heh heh
>
> I think she may have gotten into some trouble for going "real life" on
> someone.
>
>

Matthew AKA NMR \( NO MORE RETAIL \)
March 9th 06, 01:45 AM
Mike don't they make a filter for WebTV ( I know nothing about it ) so you
can block everything out or are you stuck having to go thru the post.
Is it possible to access a newsreader that has filters

"---MIKE---" > wrote in message
...
>>Just curious, but what exactly is webtv?

Webtv - also known as MSNTV is a very convenient browser that uses a TV
as a monitor and has a wireless, infrared keyboard. Right now, Tiger is
sleeping on my lap and the keyboard is next to me on the couch. I am
typing with my right hand. Webtv has drawbacks but more than makes up
for them in convenience. It is the only answer for me because I have no
place to put a computer. The biggest drawback is having to put up with
the jerks that think they are superior because they use a computer. One
big advantage is I am never exposed to a virus - ever.


---MIKE---
>>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
>> (44 15' N - Elevation 1580')

cybercat
March 9th 06, 01:47 AM
"Matthew AKA NMR ( NO MORE RETAIL )" <10 points a troll
@linethetrollsup.com> wrote in message
.. .
> I haven't seen her post since last year when we got into it and what
> happened happened

Well, I think she was into some things she should not have been into. And
the line between Usenet and Real Life was seriously unclear to her.
(Understatement.) It is sad, because she does care about cats. But anyone
who seeks to control the content of a Usenet newsgroup has to have a screw
loose. The campaign to get rid of those whose posts she did not like went,
err, a bit far, I would say. It seems others agree--and of course some got
sucked into her insanity and had to pay the price.

They don't call it "freaknet" for nothing.

MaryL
March 9th 06, 06:31 AM
"cybercat" > wrote in message
...
>
> "Matthew AKA NMR ( NO MORE RETAIL )" <10 points a troll
> @linethetrollsup.com> wrote in message
> .. .
>> I haven't seen her post since last year when we got into it and what
>> happened happened
>
> Well, I think she was into some things she should not have been into. And
> the line between Usenet and Real Life was seriously unclear to her.
> (Understatement.) It is sad, because she does care about cats. But anyone
> who seeks to control the content of a Usenet newsgroup has to have a screw
> loose. The campaign to get rid of those whose posts she did not like went,
> err, a bit far, I would say. It seems others agree--and of course some got
> sucked into her insanity and had to pay the price.
>
> They don't call it "freaknet" for nothing.
>
>

I speak to Megan regularly, and what you are implying is not even remotely
close to the truth. She has not been "into some things she should not have
been into," as you put it. She spends an extraordinary amount of time
helping people deal with different health and behavior issues in their
cats - *really* helping them and not just posting letters to usenet. Megan
had grown tired of all the bickering on usenet and believed that she was
wasting time there. Her time is more valuable than that and better spent by
dealing directly with people who have cats that need help.

Most recently, Megan has been working intensively with a cat that was
diagnosed with diabetes. With her help, they were able take the cat off
insulin, and the cat's glucose levels have returned to normal. This involved
working with the owners several times a day and even required her to get up
at 4:30 every morning. She did this without any pay and I never once heard
her complain. As many of you know, she has adopted a number of special-needs
cats. Several of her own cats have recently had medical emergencies and
required late-night trips to the ER. So, it seems to me that you are both
incorrect and remarkably insensitive to continually bring up the name of
someone who has not even posted for several months but who is continuing
with her efforts to help as many cats as possible.

MaryL

Matthew AKA NMR \( NO MORE RETAIL \)
March 9th 06, 06:49 AM
That is great to know she and her cats are doing fine

I don't know what the part "So, it seems to me that you are both incorrect
and remarkably insensitive to continually bring up the name of someone who
has not even posted for several months."

This is the first time I have ever asked about Megan or and have not even
made a off comment about her except to her last year when we had a
difference of opinion that was between us.

I only said I have not seen her post since me and her had our difference
of opinion last year and what ever happened to her. Which is true I have not
seen a post from her since last year. Nothing in sensitive about it I was
just asking what happened to her. I remember her having problems with the
cats and I don't remember who her close friends were or know her well enough
to ping people to ask about her out in the open forum.

Even thou me and her had a very different opinion she offered good advice
to people from a different aspect.
If it was taken the wrong way it was not meant to be. I just was meant what
happened to her I have not seen a post since last year and was wonder what
happened. Nothing was meant by it I am trying to remain peaceful with
everyone in the newsgroup except for 4 people who are all kill filed
anyways and everyone already had a problem with them.

Nothing was meant on my side Mary If it was taken that way forgiveness is
asked

Matthew

"MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>
> "cybercat" > wrote in message
> ...
>>
>> "Matthew AKA NMR ( NO MORE RETAIL )" <10 points a troll
>> @linethetrollsup.com> wrote in message
>> .. .
>>> I haven't seen her post since last year when we got into it and what
>>> happened happened
>>
>> Well, I think she was into some things she should not have been into. And
>> the line between Usenet and Real Life was seriously unclear to her.
>> (Understatement.) It is sad, because she does care about cats. But anyone
>> who seeks to control the content of a Usenet newsgroup has to have a
>> screw
>> loose. The campaign to get rid of those whose posts she did not like
>> went,
>> err, a bit far, I would say. It seems others agree--and of course some
>> got
>> sucked into her insanity and had to pay the price.
>>
>> They don't call it "freaknet" for nothing.
>>
>>
>
> I speak to Megan regularly, and what you are implying is not even remotely
> close to the truth. She has not been "into some things she should not have
> been into," as you put it. She spends an extraordinary amount of time
> helping people deal with different health and behavior issues in their
> cats - *really* helping them and not just posting letters to usenet. Megan
> had grown tired of all the bickering on usenet and believed that she was
> wasting time there. Her time is more valuable than that and better spent
> by dealing directly with people who have cats that need help.
>
> Most recently, Megan has been working intensively with a cat that was
> diagnosed with diabetes. With her help, they were able take the cat off
> insulin, and the cat's glucose levels have returned to normal. This
> involved working with the owners several times a day and even required her
> to get up at 4:30 every morning. She did this without any pay and I never
> once heard her complain. As many of you know, she has adopted a number of
> special-needs cats. Several of her own cats have recently had medical
> emergencies and required late-night trips to the ER. So, it seems to me
> that you are both incorrect and remarkably insensitive to continually
> bring up the name of someone who has not even posted for several months
> but who is continuing with her efforts to help as many cats as possible.
>
> MaryL
>
>

MaryL
March 9th 06, 07:06 AM
"Matthew AKA NMR ( NO MORE RETAIL )" <10 points a troll
@linethetrollsup.com> wrote in message
...
> That is great to know she and her cats are doing fine
>
> I don't know what the part "So, it seems to me that you are both incorrect
> and remarkably insensitive to continually bring up the name of someone who
> has not even posted for several months."
>
> This is the first time I have ever asked about Megan or and have not even
> made a off comment about her except to her last year when we had a
> difference of opinion that was between us.
>
> I only said I have not seen her post since me and her had our difference
> of opinion last year and what ever happened to her. Which is true I have
> not seen a post from her since last year. Nothing in sensitive about it I
> was just asking what happened to her. I remember her having problems with
> the cats and I don't remember who her close friends were or know her well
> enough to ping people to ask about her out in the open forum.
>
> Even thou me and her had a very different opinion she offered good
> advice to people from a different aspect.
> If it was taken the wrong way it was not meant to be. I just was meant
> what happened to her I have not seen a post since last year and was wonder
> what happened. Nothing was meant by it I am trying to remain peaceful
> with everyone in the newsgroup except for 4 people who are all kill filed
> anyways and everyone already had a problem with them.
>
> Nothing was meant on my side Mary If it was taken that way forgiveness is
> asked
>
> Matthew
>
>

Sorry, Matthew, I should have removed your name at the top of the post. I
was responding to cybercat. She has a history of inserting Megan's name in
posts that had nothing to do with her. You're correct, there was nothing
insensitive or intrustive in your message.

MaryL

Matthew AKA NMR \( NO MORE RETAIL \)
March 9th 06, 07:07 AM
Not a problem I just don't want any hard feeling with anyone unless I
deserve it :-)

..
"MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>
> "Matthew AKA NMR ( NO MORE RETAIL )" <10 points a troll
> @linethetrollsup.com> wrote in message
> ...
>> That is great to know she and her cats are doing fine
>>
>> I don't know what the part "So, it seems to me that you are both
>> incorrect and remarkably insensitive to continually bring up the name of
>> someone who has not even posted for several months."
>>
>> This is the first time I have ever asked about Megan or and have not even
>> made a off comment about her except to her last year when we had a
>> difference of opinion that was between us.
>>
>> I only said I have not seen her post since me and her had our difference
>> of opinion last year and what ever happened to her. Which is true I have
>> not seen a post from her since last year. Nothing in sensitive about it
>> I was just asking what happened to her. I remember her having problems
>> with the cats and I don't remember who her close friends were or know her
>> well enough to ping people to ask about her out in the open forum.
>>
>> Even thou me and her had a very different opinion she offered good
>> advice to people from a different aspect.
>> If it was taken the wrong way it was not meant to be. I just was meant
>> what happened to her I have not seen a post since last year and was
>> wonder what happened. Nothing was meant by it I am trying to remain
>> peaceful with everyone in the newsgroup except for 4 people who are all
>> kill filed anyways and everyone already had a problem with them.
>>
>> Nothing was meant on my side Mary If it was taken that way forgiveness is
>> asked
>>
>> Matthew
>>
>>
>
> Sorry, Matthew, I should have removed your name at the top of the post. I
> was responding to cybercat. She has a history of inserting Megan's name
> in posts that had nothing to do with her. You're correct, there was
> nothing insensitive or intrustive in your message.
>
> MaryL
>

cybercat
March 9th 06, 07:16 AM
"MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>
> Sorry, Matthew, I should have removed your name at the top of the post. I
> was responding to cybercat. She has a history of inserting Megan's name
in
> posts that had nothing to do with her. You're correct, there was nothing
> insensitive or intrustive in your message.
>

:)

Whiplash
March 9th 06, 08:33 AM
cybercat wrote:

> :)

seee she's doing it again, grinnin like the cheshire cat
or however the hell you spell it

why you grinnin like that cybie....it's aggrivating me...

im pretty sure there are some new laws about what you're doing

Joe Canuck
March 9th 06, 02:08 PM
MaryL wrote:
> "cybercat" > wrote in message
> ...
>> "Matthew AKA NMR ( NO MORE RETAIL )" <10 points a troll
>> @linethetrollsup.com> wrote in message
>> .. .
>>> I haven't seen her post since last year when we got into it and what
>>> happened happened
>> Well, I think she was into some things she should not have been into. And
>> the line between Usenet and Real Life was seriously unclear to her.
>> (Understatement.) It is sad, because she does care about cats. But anyone
>> who seeks to control the content of a Usenet newsgroup has to have a screw
>> loose. The campaign to get rid of those whose posts she did not like went,
>> err, a bit far, I would say. It seems others agree--and of course some got
>> sucked into her insanity and had to pay the price.
>>
>> They don't call it "freaknet" for nothing.
>>
>>
>
> I speak to Megan regularly, and what you are implying is not even remotely
> close to the truth. She has not been "into some things she should not have
> been into," as you put it. She spends an extraordinary amount of time
> helping people deal with different health and behavior issues in their
> cats - *really* helping them and not just posting letters to usenet. Megan
> had grown tired of all the bickering on usenet and believed that she was
> wasting time there. Her time is more valuable than that and better spent by
> dealing directly with people who have cats that need help.
>
> Most recently, Megan has been working intensively with a cat that was
> diagnosed with diabetes. With her help, they were able take the cat off
> insulin, and the cat's glucose levels have returned to normal. This involved
> working with the owners several times a day and even required her to get up
> at 4:30 every morning. She did this without any pay and I never once heard
> her complain. As many of you know, she has adopted a number of special-needs
> cats. Several of her own cats have recently had medical emergencies and
> required late-night trips to the ER. So, it seems to me that you are both
> incorrect and remarkably insensitive to continually bring up the name of
> someone who has not even posted for several months but who is continuing
> with her efforts to help as many cats as possible.
>
> MaryL
>
>

Thats great! ...because at most this is all horse-hockey here.

Whiplash
March 9th 06, 03:15 PM
Matthew AKA NMR ( NO MORE RETAIL ) wrote:

> It is the only answer for me because I have no
> place to put a computer.

what about a laptop, when you get done fold it up and put it in the
magazine rack beside the arm chair.
you want me to send you one?

then you can crack into other peoples machines like we do

cybercat
March 9th 06, 05:29 PM
"Joe Canuck" > wrote in message
...
> MaryL wrote:
> > "cybercat" > wrote in message
> > ...
> >> "Matthew AKA NMR ( NO MORE RETAIL )" <10 points a troll
> >> @linethetrollsup.com> wrote in message
> >> .. .
> >>> I haven't seen her post since last year when we got into it and what
> >>> happened happened
> >> Well, I think she was into some things she should not have been into.
And
> >> the line between Usenet and Real Life was seriously unclear to her.
> >> (Understatement.) It is sad, because she does care about cats. But
anyone
> >> who seeks to control the content of a Usenet newsgroup has to have a
screw
> >> loose. The campaign to get rid of those whose posts she did not like
went,
> >> err, a bit far, I would say. It seems others agree--and of course some
got
> >> sucked into her insanity and had to pay the price.
> >>
> >> They don't call it "freaknet" for nothing.
> >>
> >>
> >
> > I speak to Megan regularly, and what you are implying is not even
remotely
> > close to the truth. She has not been "into some things she should not
have
> > been into," as you put it. She spends an extraordinary amount of time
> > helping people deal with different health and behavior issues in their
> > cats - *really* helping them and not just posting letters to usenet.
Megan
> > had grown tired of all the bickering on usenet and believed that she was
> > wasting time there. Her time is more valuable than that and better spent
by
> > dealing directly with people who have cats that need help.
> >
> > Most recently, Megan has been working intensively with a cat that was
> > diagnosed with diabetes. With her help, they were able take the cat off
> > insulin, and the cat's glucose levels have returned to normal. This
involved
> > working with the owners several times a day and even required her to get
up
> > at 4:30 every morning. She did this without any pay and I never once
heard
> > her complain. As many of you know, she has adopted a number of
special-needs
> > cats. Several of her own cats have recently had medical emergencies and
> > required late-night trips to the ER. So, it seems to me that you are
both
> > incorrect and remarkably insensitive to continually bring up the name of
> > someone who has not even posted for several months but who is continuing
> > with her efforts to help as many cats as possible.
> >
> > MaryL
> >
> >
>
> Thats great! ...because at most this is all horse-hockey here.
>
And because Usenet turned Megan and a few others into psychotic
stalkers.

cybercat
March 9th 06, 05:50 PM
"Whiplash" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>
> Matthew AKA NMR ( NO MORE RETAIL ) wrote:
>
> > It is the only answer for me because I have no
> > place to put a computer.
>
> what about a laptop, when you get done fold it up and put it in the
> magazine rack beside the arm chair.
> you want me to send you one?
>
> then you can crack into other peoples machines like we do
>

Matthew uses webtv? How did I miss that? And how does
he manage to post pleasantly and regularly without whining about
threads being too long?

Matthew AKA NMR \( NO MORE RETAIL \)
March 9th 06, 06:15 PM
no I don't I use my laptop it has a wireless connection that I use to
access a server that is located in my house that connects all my computers
and business together it is T line dedicated using road runner as a the
broad band service provider.

Remember last year when the little hussy came up and the idiots could not
understand why I was posting from different locations but the same ISP.

that was Barry that used that quote.. in the above post


"cybercat" > wrote in message
...
>
> "Whiplash" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>>
>> Matthew AKA NMR ( NO MORE RETAIL ) wrote:
>>
>> > It is the only answer for me because I have no
>> > place to put a computer.
>>
>> what about a laptop, when you get done fold it up and put it in the
>> magazine rack beside the arm chair.
>> you want me to send you one?
>>
>> then you can crack into other peoples machines like we do
>>
>
> Matthew uses webtv? How did I miss that? And how does
> he manage to post pleasantly and regularly without whining about
> threads being too long?
>
>

cybercat
March 9th 06, 06:36 PM
"Matthew AKA NMR ( NO MORE RETAIL )" <10 points a troll
@linethetrollsup.com> wrote in message
...
> no I don't I use my laptop it has a wireless connection that I use to
> access a server that is located in my house that connects all my computers
> and business together it is T line dedicated using road runner as a the
> broad band service provider.
>
> Remember last year when the little hussy came up and the idiots could not
> understand why I was posting from different locations but the same ISP.
>
> that was Barry that used that quote.. in the above post
>

Oops, sorry. :) I thought you were too bright to use WebTV.

Mary
March 9th 06, 08:44 PM
Matthew AKA NMR ( NO MORE RETAIL ) wrote:
> no I don't I use my laptop it has a wireless connection that I use to
> access a server that is located in my house that connects all my computers
> and business together it is T line dedicated using road runner as a the
> broad band service provider.

somehow i thought you said you had webtv since no place to put computer
or you have that too..ok

what os is your server machine

i have 2000 server os, on a 4cpu 4 HD bay server...it came from ge
financial when they had an auction.
i want to upgrade to 2003 server 9which I have, but...
is a muther to install raid drivers for servers that don't have mfg
support

i had to build my own *.oem just to install raid drivers for windows
2000 server

Matthew AKA NMR \( NO MORE RETAIL \)
March 9th 06, 09:58 PM
Barry it is Windows Server 2003 Enterprise SP1 64bit but I have several
other OS installed on it

It has several other operating systems on it with the hardware and software
switch in them. I had a custom software program made for the business years
ago.

the server in the house tower server that is raid capable it has 1.0tb
internal storage on it. I bought mine from gateway and tried to upgrade
when new products come out. Even though i don't need to have them each
store has one in it all linked to mine. It makes it easier to access the
business from a remote location instead of having to go down to each store
and pull the info or wait for it to be sync with the other ones. I have a
dedicated business line coming into the house. I can access it thru the
line connection giving me access to my business, interent and my house from
anywhere I have signal at.

I want to buy something like one of these for each of the store fully decked
out
http://www.gateway.com/products/gconfig/proddetails.asp?seg=gv&system_id=E9510T
i want to add something like this to the new system
http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?c=us&cs=04&kc=6W300&l=en&oc=pv124tlto3sapp&s=bsd

the one I have is an old tape backup ( do no like that it takes way to long
to back up and ties the system resources up). It has a seperate battery
back up pack instead of built in . I want to upgrade to the new smart
version backup. If you loose power during a sync it can corrupt the whole
backup. I want to add the upgrade of a dvd dual layer burner so I can read
it on any system. Even thou it is a lot of DVDs I could have a real
permanent back up. I could store away with my tax info.
I would love to go to amd instead of pentium but until the release of the
939 mother boards and the 64 bit dual cpus. I really was not impressed by
them for the price. I am going to have to check them out maybe get a heck
of a lot better and faster system ( I feel the need for speed)

Any other question Barry? I will gladly answer them if I can

Mary
March 10th 06, 12:03 AM
Matthew AKA NMR ( NO MORE RETAIL ) wrote:
> Barry it is Windows Server 2003 Enterprise SP1 64bit but I have several
> other OS installed on it

i have 2003 server enteriprise, seems like i could have installed
64bit...all of the music apps i use in the studio have a 64bit version,
so i am headed in that direction shortly...

you dont fug around do you. how many days does it take to defrag
must have monster db, either inventory or customer or both

64-bit software is still coming along, one day i suppose we will double
that! then triple that...and so on...
with verizon growing at the rate they are..installing fiber optics...by
then we should be able to project our holograms onto freaknet...im
going to be ricky riccardo
lol...

yeah, im sure much of what you do now will be simplified with fiber
optics...something like...
3 gb/s or so.. I know they pumped 2 full length High Definition movies
overseas in about 7 mins with fiber optics.

> I bought mine from gateway and tried to upgrade
> when new products come out.

in the end, it's better. plus new stuff is nice to look at. plus
customer support is nice. i think that's part of the purchase price.

> Even though i don't need to have them each
> store has one in it all linked to mine.

you probably got spy cams sticking out of each one.

> It makes it easier to access the
> business from a remote location instead of having to go down to each store
> and pull the info or wait for it to be sync with the other ones. I have a
> dedicated business line coming into the house. I can access it thru the
> line connection giving me access to my business, interent and my house from
> anywhere I have signal at.

sounds like a full time job!

> I want to buy something like one of these...

so, compaq is more pricey than gateway, im just guessing...
i've seen some outrageous compaq prices. I was living in Nastyville
when dell moved to town, they bought a huge wharehouse complex and
within 4 months, they were shipping around the world...they also got
huge tax deferrals as incentive to setup shop there

Your working knowledge of what you need, and staying on top of
technology, sounds like a huge savings!
keeping an eye on how to get things done smarter and faster.

> the one I have is an old tape backup

this is surprising

> I want to add the upgrade of a dvd dual layer burner so I can read
> it on any system.

why not wait a few more months and grab yourself the blu ray burner by
sony, it should be out around april
you get 40gb per disc. the blu laser just sets closer to the medium,
the grooves are closer and the data is "finer"
double layer will be 80gb

http://www.blu-ray.com/info/

> 939 mother boards and the 64 bit dual cpus. I really was not impressed by
> them for the price. I am going to have to check them out maybe get a heck
> of a lot better and faster system ( I feel the need for speed)

everything in a pc is relevant to speed.
you could have all the greatest processors and bus..but if the HD
doesn't read and write fast..you are at the mercy of the HD speed. (i
have never researched HD read/write methods) i just know it makes all
the difference.

> Any other question Barry? I will gladly answer them if I can

where should I shop, what will i be shopping for...maybe you better not
say on here...

very cool dude!

I also wanted to ask, but don't expect a public answer: about your
security.
I use a linux based firewall...i built it myself..i have not been
cracked since i put it up.
I get alot of activity from southeast asia area, this part of the world
is also notorious for fly by night banking systems.

Whiplash
March 10th 06, 12:14 AM
Matthew AKA NMR ( NO MORE RETAIL ) wrote:
> Barry it is Windows Server 2003 Enterprise SP1 64bit but I have several
> other OS installed on it

i forgot to ask, im wanting a haircut and thought you might have some
fresh ideas about new styles...

;)

Matthew AKA NMR \( NO MORE RETAIL \)
March 10th 06, 12:50 AM
"Mary" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>
> Matthew AKA NMR ( NO MORE RETAIL ) wrote:
>> Barry it is Windows Server 2003 Enterprise SP1 64bit but I have several
>> other OS installed on it
>
> i have 2003 server enteriprise, seems like i could have installed
> 64bit...all of the music apps i use in the studio have a 64bit version,
> so i am headed in that direction shortly...
>
> you dont fug around do you. how many days does it take to defrag
> must have monster db, either inventory or customer or both
>
it does it every night about an hour depending on how bad it was

> 64-bit software is still coming along, one day i suppose we will double
> that! then triple that...and so on...
> with verizon growing at the rate they are..installing fiber optics...by
> then we should be able to project our holograms onto freaknet...im
> going to be ricky riccardo
> lol...
>

the already have the holographic views you ought to check out computer
shows. Did you ever see the Johnny Mnemonic or matrix with Keano Reeves
where you have the glasses and the virtual reality keyboard they have
working modelsof the eye wear. Instead of computer screen goes right to
your wirless eye wear

The computer shows have some real interesting technology that is going to be
released to the public. A friend over seastold me about an item that may be
available by christmas or next year a 12 + megapixel at 10x zoom with
buit in 4 gig memory and 1/25th click speed

Fujitsu is testing right now flexible color screens like they had in Mission
to Mars with Val kilmer they should be out before 2008

You got the blue tooth technology currently avaiable to the public they
have the technology that fits into a pair of sunglasses or your eyeglasses.
Mp3 technology has been put into sunglass that store up to 1 gig right now
http://oakley.com/o/o2794d/?promotion_id=6&cm_ven=Search&cm_cat=Google&cm_pla=search&cm_ite=mp3%20sunglasses


> yeah, im sure much of what you do now will be simplified with fiber
> optics...something like...
> 3 gb/s or so.. I know they pumped 2 full length High Definition movies
> overseas in about 7 mins with fiber optics.
>
>> I bought mine from gateway and tried to upgrade
>> when new products come out.
>
> in the end, it's better. plus new stuff is nice to look at. plus
> customer support is nice. i think that's part of the purchase price.
>
>> Even though i don't need to have them each
>> store has one in it all linked to mine.
>
> you probably got spy cams sticking out of each one.
>
>> It makes it easier to access the
>> business from a remote location instead of having to go down to each
>> store
>> and pull the info or wait for it to be sync with the other ones. I have
>> a
>> dedicated business line coming into the house. I can access it thru the
>> line connection giving me access to my business, interent and my house
>> from
>> anywhere I have signal at.
>
> sounds like a full time job!
>
>> I want to buy something like one of these...
>
> so, compaq is more pricey than gateway, im just guessing...
> i've seen some outrageous compaq prices. I was living in Nastyville
> when dell moved to town, they bought a huge wharehouse complex and
> within 4 months, they were shipping around the world...they also got
> huge tax deferrals as incentive to setup shop there
>
> Your working knowledge of what you need, and staying on top of
> technology, sounds like a huge savings!
> keeping an eye on how to get things done smarter and faster.
>
>> the one I have is an old tape backup
>
> this is surprising
>
>> I want to add the upgrade of a dvd dual layer burner so I can read
>> it on any system.
>
> why not wait a few more months and grab yourself the blu ray burner by
> sony, it should be out around april
> you get 40gb per disc. the blu laser just sets closer to the medium,
> the grooves are closer and the data is "finer"
> double layer will be 80gb
>
> http://www.blu-ray.com/info/
>
>> 939 mother boards and the 64 bit dual cpus. I really was not impressed
>> by
>> them for the price. I am going to have to check them out maybe get a
>> heck
>> of a lot better and faster system ( I feel the need for speed)
>
> everything in a pc is relevant to speed.
> you could have all the greatest processors and bus..but if the HD
> doesn't read and write fast..you are at the mercy of the HD speed. (i
> have never researched HD read/write methods) i just know it makes all
> the difference.
>
>> Any other question Barry? I will gladly answer them if I can
>
> where should I shop, what will i be shopping for...maybe you better not
> say on here...
>
> very cool dude!
>
> I also wanted to ask, but don't expect a public answer: about your
> security.
> I use a linux based firewall...i built it myself..i have not been
> cracked since i put it up.
> I get alot of activity from southeast asia area, this part of the world
> is also notorious for fly by night banking systems.
>

PawsForThought
March 10th 06, 12:52 AM
---MIKE--- wrote:
> >>Just curious, but what exactly is webtv?
>
> Webtv - also known as MSNTV is a very convenient browser that uses a TV
> as a monitor and has a wireless, infrared keyboard. Right now, Tiger is
> sleeping on my lap and the keyboard is next to me on the couch. I am
> typing with my right hand. Webtv has drawbacks but more than makes up
> for them in convenience. It is the only answer for me because I have no
> place to put a computer. The biggest drawback is having to put up with
> the jerks that think they are superior because they use a computer. One
> big advantage is I am never exposed to a virus - ever.

Thanks for the explanation, Mike. I can see where it would be good for
people who can't have a computer. Personally though, I'm a total geek
and love having a computer.

Lauren

PawsForThought
March 10th 06, 12:58 AM
MaryL wrote:
> Most recently, Megan has been working intensively with a cat that was
> diagnosed with diabetes. With her help, they were able take the cat off
> insulin, and the cat's glucose levels have returned to normal.

That's great to hear, Mary. Megan has a special gift and I'm happy to
hear she was successful with this kitty. Please tell Megan I said
hello.

Lauren

See my cats: http://tinyurl.com/76tg8

PawsForThought
March 10th 06, 01:59 AM
Whiplash wrote:
> PawsForThought wrote:
>
> > Thanks for the explanation, Mike. I can see where it would be good for
> > people who can't have a computer. Personally though, I'm a total geek
> > and love having a computer.
>
> it's so funny, traditionally women hated electronics

I've always been fascinated by computers and finally built my own last
year. I got to pick the components I wanted instead of having to take
whatever a Dell or Compaq offered. Maybe I was a guy in my last life
:)

Lauren
>
> if mike can't keep up with the adults, he'll have to set at the kiddy
> table

LOL

cybercat
March 10th 06, 02:03 AM
"PawsForThought" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>
> Whiplash wrote:
> > PawsForThought wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks for the explanation, Mike. I can see where it would be good
for
> > > people who can't have a computer. Personally though, I'm a total geek
> > > and love having a computer.
> >
> > it's so funny, traditionally women hated electronics
>
> I've always been fascinated by computers and finally built my own last
> year. I got to pick the components I wanted instead of having to take
> whatever a Dell or Compaq offered. Maybe I was a guy in my last life
> :)
>

I loved computers from the first time I encountered one. :) I could spend
years figuring out everything one operating system does, and probably
would if I didn't have other things to do.

Cheryl Sellner
March 10th 06, 02:13 AM
On Thu 09 Mar 2006 01:06:09a, MaryL wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
(news:[email protected]):

> Sorry, Matthew, I should have removed your name at the top of
> the post. I was responding to cybercat. She has a history of
> inserting Megan's name in posts that had nothing to do with her.

Not to mention a history of just plain mental problems. I've never
seen someone hold on to grudges for as long as she does. A sign of
serious problems with stalking at the top of the list.

> You're correct, there was nothing insensitive or intrustive in
> your message.

I'm sorry to read that Megan's has some cats of her own with issues.
Please send her purrs from my cats to be well.

--
Cheryl

Matthew AKA NMR \( NO MORE RETAIL \)
March 11th 06, 07:07 PM
"Mary" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>
> Matthew AKA NMR ( NO MORE RETAIL ) wrote:
>> Barry it is Windows Server 2003 Enterprise SP1 64bit but I have several
>> other OS installed on it
>
> i have 2003 server enteriprise, seems like i could have installed
> 64bit...all of the music apps i use in the studio have a 64bit version,
> so i am headed in that direction shortly...
>
> you dont fug around do you. how many days does it take to defrag
> must have monster db, either inventory or customer or both
>
> 64-bit software is still coming along, one day i suppose we will double
> that! then triple that...and so on...
> with verizon growing at the rate they are..installing fiber optics...by
> then we should be able to project our holograms onto freaknet...im
> going to be ricky riccardo
> lol...
>
> yeah, im sure much of what you do now will be simplified with fiber
> optics...something like...
> 3 gb/s or so.. I know they pumped 2 full length High Definition movies
> overseas in about 7 mins with fiber optics.
>
>> I bought mine from gateway and tried to upgrade
>> when new products come out.
>
> in the end, it's better. plus new stuff is nice to look at. plus
> customer support is nice. i think that's part of the purchase price.
>
>> Even though i don't need to have them each
>> store has one in it all linked to mine.
>
> you probably got spy cams sticking out of each one.
>

I can access the security system from my computer the house has security
cams also but the each store has its own server for that total seperate by
can be reomte access

>> It makes it easier to access the
>> business from a remote location instead of having to go down to each
>> store
>> and pull the info or wait for it to be sync with the other ones. I have
>> a
>> dedicated business line coming into the house. I can access it thru the
>> line connection giving me access to my business, interent and my house
>> from
>> anywhere I have signal at.
>
> sounds like a full time job!
>
>> I want to buy something like one of these...
>
> so, compaq is more pricey than gateway, im just guessing...
> i've seen some outrageous compaq prices. I was living in Nastyville
> when dell moved to town, they bought a huge wharehouse complex and
> within 4 months, they were shipping around the world...they also got
> huge tax deferrals as incentive to setup shop there
>

Compaq sucks big time most of the time

> Your working knowledge of what you need, and staying on top of
> technology, sounds like a huge savings!
> keeping an eye on how to get things done smarter and faster.
>
>> the one I have is an old tape backup
>
> this is surprising
>
why if it works you stay with it plus it was easier to transfer when we
changed the server case over my laziness

>> I want to add the upgrade of a dvd dual layer burner so I can read
>> it on any system.
>
> why not wait a few more months and grab yourself the blu ray burner by
> sony, it should be out around april
> you get 40gb per disc. the blu laser just sets closer to the medium,
> the grooves are closer and the data is "finer"
> double layer will be 80gb
>
> http://www.blu-ray.com/info/
>
>> 939 mother boards and the 64 bit dual cpus. I really was not impressed
>> by
>> them for the price. I am going to have to check them out maybe get a
>> heck
>> of a lot better and faster system ( I feel the need for speed)
>
I will check out that blu ray burner I am going to upgrade but probably
after the new technology gets release after christmas why pay when
something new is going to come out tomorrow

> everything in a pc is relevant to speed.
> you could have all the greatest processors and bus..but if the HD
> doesn't read and write fast..you are at the mercy of the HD speed. (i
> have never researched HD read/write methods) i just know it makes all
> the difference.
>

Yes big diference when your are talking serial ATA and parallel ATA plus
write speed always go serial with the higher access and the bigger memory
bus


>> Any other question Barry? I will gladly answer them if I can
>
> where should I shop, what will i be shopping for...maybe you better not
> say on here...
>
> very cool dude!
>
> I also wanted to ask, but don't expect a public answer: about your
> security.
> I use a linux based firewall...i built it myself..i have not been
> cracked since i put it up.
> I get alot of activity from southeast asia area, this part of the world
> is also notorious for fly by night banking systems.
>
I used Norton's corporate Barry for my security plus a whole lot of anti
spy ware programs. My business program has a built in firewall and
security. Plus the routers have their own built in firewalls. The system
is set up to warn me if some one tries to access it and shut it the access
point down. I have only got a virus when someone from the house brought
over a disk with one on it but the system caught it. Spyware is a everyday
thing but the programs catch them.

..

Whiplash
March 11th 06, 09:29 PM
Matthew AKA NMR ( NO MORE RETAIL ) wrote:

> I used Norton's corporate Barry for my security plus a whole lot of anti
> spy ware programs.

seems like windows 2000 server, has secure user accounts.
im sure 2003 does as well...

you don't have to be logged in as admin, in order to give programs
access under a limited account.
im sure you well know. this means no new programs can be installed, or
changed, without a fat ass password

im sure you rarely find a spyware, maybe at best you might find a
nusiance data collector.

but these servers of yours are not regular internet consumers right? i
mean, employees don't sit and surf the web...right...

it's a beautiful day!

Matthew AKA NMR \( NO MORE RETAIL \)
March 12th 06, 03:06 AM
Yes 2003 has built in
"Whiplash" > wrote in message
ups.com...
>
> Matthew AKA NMR ( NO MORE RETAIL ) wrote:
>
>> I used Norton's corporate Barry for my security plus a whole lot of anti
>> spy ware programs.
>
> seems like windows 2000 server, has secure user accounts.
> im sure 2003 does as well...
>
> you don't have to be logged in as admin, in order to give programs
> access under a limited account.
> im sure you well know. this means no new programs can be installed, or
> changed, without a fat ass password
>
> im sure you rarely find a spyware, maybe at best you might find a
> nusiance data collector.
>
I find it evey day remember I don't mind going to the site every one else
fears

> but these servers of yours are not regular internet consumers right? i
> mean, employees don't sit and surf the web...right...
>

No the only access my managers have is to the business software to pull up
employee records or customer records
My son and daughter took over running the business and they only have access
to certain things
No web surfing access to the general access. managers can but they have to
log onto the account with a username and password; which is logged everytime
and who,what, where and how they did things and only one access ( mine ) to
remove it


> it's a beautiful day!
>

Yes it is it was 90 here today and the bikinis look great specially in the
wife

< he he grining like a kid with his hand in the cookie jar >

I just came home from bike week seeing how my booth was doing this year.
Can't ride this year due to my knee and there is no way in heck I am riding
on the back with my wife handling the hog