PDA

View Full Version : Broadcast To Promote Spay/Neuter & Cat Rescue

Cat Protector
March 9th 06, 10:38 PM
Cat Galaxy, the internet radio station for cats is once again getting ready
to broadcast Crazy About Cats, it's 12 hour live show to promote spay/neuter
of cats, cat rescue & adoption. The show will also promote TNR of feral cats
as well and will broadcast on Saturday, March 25th and will begin at 8am
that day.

With cat and kitten season starting in the spring, the show was moved this
year to a more suitable date. Besides lots of great music and fun, the
broadcast will also be filled with feline care tips, notes about cats up for
adoption at Phoenix area shelters, clips from The Animal World, and other
useful information. For more information go to www.catgalaxymedia.com.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

www.panthertekit.com

Magic Mood JeepŠ
March 10th 06, 01:06 AM
Cat Protector wrote:
> Cat Galaxy, the internet radio station for cats is once again getting
> ready to broadcast Crazy About Cats, it's 12 hour live show to
> promote spay/neuter of cats, cat rescue & adoption. The show will
> also promote TNR of feral cats as well and will broadcast on
> Saturday, March 25th and will begin at 8am that day.
>
> With cat and kitten season starting in the spring, the show was moved
> this year to a more suitable date. Besides lots of great music and
> fun, the broadcast will also be filled with feline care tips, notes
> about cats up for adoption at Phoenix area shelters, clips from The
> Animal World, and other useful information. For more information go
> to www.catgalaxymedia.com.
> --
> Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
> www.catgalaxymedia.com
>
> Panther TEK: Staying On Top Of Your Computer Needs!
> www.panthertekit.com

Interesting.

Our local Humane people recently held "Spay Day USA", part of the Doris Day
Animal Foundation. They sold 451 spay/neuter vouchers (at a local low-cost
clinic) for $5 each. There are still more to sell, but they are reserved
for outlying communitites, and the clinic is offereing pickup & delivery of
the animals in question, one day (one per community) this month (reservation
required) - details below:

. News Release .

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE 03/8/2006

CONTACTS:
MCHA Pets ALIVE Spay/Neuter Clinic
Sarah Hayes Karla Kamstra
Executive Director President
812.332.0123 812.824.1FIX

www.monroehumane.org www.petsalivespayneuter.org

Monroe County Humane Association (MCHA) and Pets ALIVE Spay/Neuter Clinic
Spay Day Promotions a Success- Over 450 low-cost spay/neuters provided to
Monroe County Residents!

Bloomington, IN- In celebration of Spay Day USA, a national campaign to
reduce pet overpopulation, organized by the Doris Day Animal Foundation
(DDAF), the MCHA and the Pets ALIVE Spay/Neuter Clinic joined forces to
offer spay and neuter surgeries for $5 to low-income, Monroe County
residents through a two weekend promotional event. The MCHA and Pets ALIVE
are happy to report the event helped 451 animals to be spayed or neutered.

The MCHA and Pets ALIVE have a strong commitment to lowering the pet
overpopulation issue in our community. Last year, the MCHA contributed over
$23,000 through various spay/neuter programs and services to assist hundreds
of animals to be spayed or neutered. The Pets ALIVE Spay/Neuter Clinic,
which is dedicated to ending pet overpopulation in South-Central Indiana
with low-cost spay/neuter services, since its inception, has performed
10,000 spay/neuter surgeries encompassing 17 counties.

"We are so happy Spay Day was a success and that so many residents took
advantage of this opportunity. The number of animals who will now, not
contribute to the overpopulation problem in Monroe County gives hope that we
will see a day when Monroe County will no longer have too many animals. The
immediate response from the community clearly demonstrates the need for
accessible, low-cost spay/neuter services," said Sarah Hayes Executive
Director, Monroe County Humane Association.

For the second weekend of the promotion, due to the demand, the MCHA
committed additional funds through its Spay/Neuter Initiative Fund,
Spay/Neuter Assistance Program (SNAP) and a generous donation from a donor,
bringing the total number of animals assisted to 451. An additional 100 $5
surgeries will be available to Crestmont and Stinesville residents at the
end of March through our special transport promotions in these areas
bringing the potential total to 534 surgeries.

"Even our low-cost fees for spay/neuter services are not affordable to many
Monroe County residents," said Karla Kamstra, president of Pets ALIVE.
"These folks want to do the right thing and get their animals spayed or
neutered, but simply can't afford it. This collaborative effort between
MCHA and Pets ALIVE allows those needing financial assistance to get it."

Stinesville and Crestmont Residents Only!

One Day Only! Spay or Neuter your cat or dog for $5* and Pets ALIVE will
pick-up and deliver your pet(s) to and from the Pets ALIVE Clinic from your
neighborhood. Limited appointments available-make your reservation today by
calling 812.335.9453!

When: March 30, 2006
Drop-off/registration: 6:30am-7:30am
(must have reservation)