PDA

View Full Version : Off to the hospital on Monday :(

March 12th 06, 02:20 AM
I posted yesterday about my 13 yo cat vomiting and having no appetite.
I am still convinced it is a bad hairball, so I tried giving her
zantac, as rec by the vet. She struggled with me then threw it up.
Foamy stuff. She has no interest in food but I think she is taking
some water (she did pee this AM and isnt dehydrated by the "scruff"
test). All her blood work was fine but elevated CPK.

I think she is best off at the animal hospital for IV fluids. And, a
radiologist comes on Tuesdays and can do an ultrasound on her. I feel
so horrible for trying to give her the pill, only to make her get sick.
I just lost a cat in November and can't bear the thought of losing her
too.

Thanks for listening
Beth

Candace
March 12th 06, 03:25 AM
wrote:
> I posted yesterday about my 13 yo cat vomiting and having no appetite.
> I am still convinced it is a bad hairball, so I tried giving her
> zantac, as rec by the vet. She struggled with me then threw it up.
> Foamy stuff. She has no interest in food but I think she is taking
> some water (she did pee this AM and isnt dehydrated by the "scruff"
> test). All her blood work was fine but elevated CPK.
>
> I think she is best off at the animal hospital for IV fluids. And, a
> radiologist comes on Tuesdays and can do an ultrasound on her. I feel
> so horrible for trying to give her the pill, only to make her get sick.
> I just lost a cat in November and can't bear the thought of losing her
> too.
>
> Thanks for listening
> Beth

I'm sorry, I hope she'll be alright.

Candace

Buddy
March 12th 06, 11:57 AM
Have you tried giving her something for hairballs?

March 13th 06, 02:57 AM
Yes, and actually today she seems better...actually ate and held down
some trader joe's tuna for cats. No one in this house can resist TJ's
:) Hopefully it will continue. She is also drinking. Keep you
posted...

cybercat
March 13th 06, 03:01 AM
> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Yes, and actually today she seems better...actually ate and held down
> some trader joe's tuna for cats. No one in this house can resist TJ's
> :) Hopefully it will continue. She is also drinking. Keep you
> posted...

I'm so glad she's better!!