PDA

View Full Version : Well Rumble is going to the vet this week

Matthew AKA NMR \( NO MORE RETAIL \)
March 13th 06, 03:00 AM
He jumped up in my lap a few minutes ago and what do I discovered he is
licking his fur off again in places. Time for another shot and a I made my
kitty go to the vet guilt trip. I better prepare :-)

Wilbur Post
March 13th 06, 10:32 PM
"Matthew AKA NMR \( NO MORE RETAIL \)" <10 points a troll
@linethetrollsup.com> wrote in
:

> He jumped up in my lap a few minutes ago and what do I discovered he
> is licking his fur off again in places. Time for another shot and a I
> made my kitty go to the vet guilt trip. I better prepare :-)

When he licks the fur off, is there a sore or a wound underneath?
That's what my cat does and the vet thinks it's a "licky granuloma" problem
caused by allergy or anxiety. Is the shot that your vet gives a steroid
called Depo Medrol?

Matthew AKA NMR \( NO MORE RETAIL \)
March 13th 06, 10:46 PM
He is epileptic and currently on diazepam 2x a day 5mg.
what the easy way to describe it that he gets the itches just like a human
does and he licks and scratches the itches
he licks the fur down to skin and when he scratches he digs till there is a
wound. All ready had all the allergy test it is caused by the epilepsy

Yes DepoMedrolit stops the itches and allows rumble to start healing again.
He gets its about 2 to 5 times a year

"Wilbur Post" > wrote in message
> "Matthew AKA NMR \( NO MORE RETAIL \)" <10 points a troll
> @linethetrollsup.com> wrote in
> :
>
>> He jumped up in my lap a few minutes ago and what do I discovered he
>> is licking his fur off again in places. Time for another shot and a I
>> made my kitty go to the vet guilt trip. I better prepare :-)
>>

> When he licks the fur off, is there a sore or a wound underneath?
> That's what my cat does and the vet thinks it's a "licky granuloma"
> problem
> caused by allergy or anxiety. Is the shot that your vet gives a steroid
> called Depo Medrol?

Wilbur Post
March 14th 06, 03:52 PM
How old is Rumble and when did you discover he was epileptic?

Diazepam is Valium (isn't it?). Do you give the pill orally or by
putting it into his food?

The more I read this board, the more I'm amazed at how our animals seem
to suffer from the same ailments that people do, and how we suffer and
worry when they suffer.

Good luck. I hope he feels better soon.

"Matthew AKA NMR \( NO MORE RETAIL \)" <10 points a troll
@linethetrollsup.com> wrote in
:

> He is epileptic and currently on diazepam 2x a day 5mg.
> what the easy way to describe it that he gets the itches just like a
> human does and he licks and scratches the itches
> he licks the fur down to skin and when he scratches he digs till
> there is a wound. All ready had all the allergy test it is caused by
> the epilepsy
>
> Yes DepoMedrolit stops the itches and allows rumble to start healing
> again. He gets its about 2 to 5 times a year
>

> "Wilbur Post" > wrote in message
>> "Matthew AKA NMR \( NO MORE RETAIL \)" <10 points a troll
>> @linethetrollsup.com> wrote in
>> :
>>
>>> He jumped up in my lap a few minutes ago and what do I discovered he
>>> is licking his fur off again in places. Time for another shot and a
>>> I made my kitty go to the vet guilt trip. I better prepare :-)
>>>

>> When he licks the fur off, is there a sore or a wound underneath?
>> That's what my cat does and the vet thinks it's a "licky granuloma"
>> problem
>> caused by allergy or anxiety. Is the shot that your vet gives a
>> steroid called Depo Medrol?

Matthew AKA NMR \( NO MORE RETAIL \)
March 14th 06, 07:08 PM
"Wilbur Post" > wrote in message
> How old is Rumble and when did you discover he was epileptic?

It was exactly on his 3 birthday epilpisy shows up usually between cats 3
and 5 years old
> Diazepam is Valium (isn't it?). Do you give the pill orally or by
> putting it into his food?

Yes it is daizepam is the generic form I give it to twice a day orally it
has gottne to be a routine take s about 3 seconds to do one I get ahold of
him if he sees me get the pill The hunt is on and so is the chase. Ever
tried to catch a cat when it does not want to be caught.
I have tried the food he eats around the pill parts
the pill pocket he eats the pocket and spits the pill back out
tried flavoring the pill he leaves the pill in places he knows I will find
it he is way to smart for his own good
it is grab the cat pop the pill give hime some loving and get the look of
you [email protected]@ from him

> The more I read this board, the more I'm amazed at how our animals seem
> to suffer from the same ailments that people do, and how we suffer and
> worry when they suffer.

They are our child, our soul mates, our fur covered friends, our loved ones,
OUR EQUALS any person that can't comprehend that is someone that I don't
want to know or be around. I love each and every one past, present and
future. When rumble had his seizure in front of me I PANICED after the
seizure I grabbed him jumped in my car and drove a 20 minutes drive in 6
minutes I had 2 police officers chasing me when I came tires sqealing into
the vet office. I ran intothe vets office faster than I have ever moved in
my life I was in a ball of tears. It took the vet and the police to calm me
down enough to tell them what happened. I kept telling my vet who is a dear
friend and life long family friend. Please don't let him die on me and I am
not putting him to sleep. My fiend had never seen me like this and thought
someone had hurt my family and only rumble survived. The police were luckly
animals lovers one a k9 unit they let me off with a warning and stayed here
till we found out what was wrong

We first had him on Phenobarbital but Rumble is allergic and was literally
ripping his face off it almost killed him. Now I have to wory about his
liver and kidneys and doing my best to keep him off a steriods other than
the depo shot.

> Good luck. I hope he feels better soon.

I hope so to THANK YOU