PDA

View Full Version : Brenda's licking the end of her tail into a spike

March 13th 06, 04:27 AM
Hello all, Our Brenda has started a habit she licks the end of her
tail until it looks like spike. She walks around with her tail straight
in the air. I have searched to see if there is any injury, but No,
nothing... She is not licking the fur off just fashioning it into a
spike. Brenda is one of four cats she is the youngest being two years
old. Has anyone heard od seen this before.

cybercat
March 13th 06, 04:38 PM
> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hello all, Our Brenda has started a habit she licks the end of her
> tail until it looks like spike. She walks around with her tail straight
> in the air. I have searched to see if there is any injury, but No,
> nothing... She is not licking the fur off just fashioning it into a
> spike. Brenda is one of four cats she is the youngest being two years
> old. Has anyone heard od seen this before.

On second thought, I think Brenda is a little Goth kitty. :) Maybe
you should get her a black collar with some metal studs.

March 13th 06, 09:36 PM
I never heard of anything like that before in my life. I would love to
see a picture of your cat in the act of licking her tail until it turns
into a spike. Seems like something that you would be seen on
FNV.......Darius

Spot
March 13th 06, 11:14 PM
You could try putting some Bitter Apple on the end of the tail a couple
times day to break her of the habit. You can find it at the local pet store
or feed supply place. It's a deterant for this type of stuff and taste
absolutely awful but won't hurt the cat.

I have used it on my previous lab who was a constant cleaner when she got
any type of cut or scratch and it wouldn't heal because she kept licking it.
It's also great to spray on cords & stuff you don't want dogs or cats
chewing on.

Celeste

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hello all, Our Brenda has started a habit she licks the end of her
> tail until it looks like spike. She walks around with her tail straight
> in the air. I have searched to see if there is any injury, but No,
> nothing... She is not licking the fur off just fashioning it into a
> spike. Brenda is one of four cats she is the youngest being two years
> old. Has anyone heard od seen this before.

March 15th 06, 09:04 AM
Spot wrote:
> You could try putting some Bitter Apple on the end of the tail a couple
> times day to break her of the habit. You can find it at the local pet store
> or feed supply place. It's a deterant for this type of stuff and taste
> absolutely awful but won't hurt the cat.
>
> I have used it on my previous lab who was a constant cleaner when she got
> any type of cut or scratch and it wouldn't heal because she kept licking it.
> It's also great to spray on cords & stuff you don't want dogs or cats
> chewing on.
>
> Celeste
>

> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > Hello all, Our Brenda has started a habit she licks the end of her
> > tail until it looks like spike. She walks around with her tail straight
> > in the air. I have searched to see if there is any injury, but No,
> > nothing... She is not licking the fur off just fashioning it into a
> > spike. Brenda is one of four cats she is the youngest being two years
> > old. Has anyone heard od seen this before.

March 15th 06, 09:07 AM
Hello All, i will try to send you a picture of brenda snd her spiked
tail I think you are right she is Goth.