PDA

View Full Version : Brenda's licking the end of her tail into a spike

March 13th 06, 05:31 AM
Hello all, Our Brenda has started a habit she licks the end of her
tail until it looks like spike. She walks around with her tail straight
in the air. I have searched to see if there is any injury, but No,
nothing... She is not licking the fur off just fashioning it into a
spike. Brenda is one of four cats she is the youngest being two years
old. Has anyone heard od seen this before.

cybercat
March 13th 06, 05:37 AM
> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hello all, Our Brenda has started a habit she licks the end of her
> tail until it looks like spike. She walks around with her tail straight
> in the air. I have searched to see if there is any injury, but No,
> nothing... She is not licking the fur off just fashioning it into a
> spike. Brenda is one of four cats she is the youngest being two years
> old. Has anyone heard od seen this before.

In a former life, Brenda was a hair stylist? ;)

In any case, walking around with her tail straight up means
she feels safe and secure, so good job.

March 13th 06, 07:07 AM
Thank you cybercat, I do worry over this little girl she has never been
a big cat her top weight is six pounds. When she was brought to me she
was two ounces. She spent most of her time snuggling my husband.

cybercat
March 13th 06, 05:35 PM
> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Thank you cybercat, I do worry over this little girl she has never been
> a big cat her top weight is six pounds. When she was brought to me she
> was two ounces. She spent most of her time snuggling my husband.

Awww! I would love to see photos of her. I love tiny little girlycats.

Anna via CatKB.com
March 13th 06, 09:29 PM
>Hello all, Our Brenda has started a habit she licks the end of her
>tail until it looks like spike. She walks around with her tail straight
>in the air. I have searched to see if there is any injury, but No,
>nothing... She is not licking the fur off just fashioning it into a
>spike. Brenda is one of four cats she is the youngest being two years
>old. Has anyone heard od seen this before.

(Maybe she's trying to shape it into a weapon to use on the older kitties who
are always bossing her around, tee hee)

Walking around with the tail straight up in the air is what kittens do to
their mamas when they're happy to see them so you should take this as a
compliment. I have a little girl too, only 6 lbs. One thing about them is
that they'll always look kitten-ish, even when they're older because they're
so tiny and they usually have more energy than the bigger size kitties so
they seem to act kitten-ish longer too. Mine still looks so young on the
outside that I have to remind myself that on the inside, she's 13 years old.
Anyways, just keep an eye on it, but it sounds to me like she's okay as long
as she's not taking the fur right off, just a funny little habit.

Anna