PDA

View Full Version : Louis almost dies, and gives us the finger

Brian Link
March 14th 06, 05:36 AM
Louis the Bengal came stumbling into our kitchen around 1AM, while we
were on the phone with the clinic regarding our resident teen girl's
acute illness.

He crept in, lowing, with his tail between his legs. Any touch made
him growl with that frightening sub-sonic Bengal growl.

We took him to the emergency clinic. No obstructions, but his
temperature was 105.5, and he was clearly in pain (usually cats will
hide discomfort, but Louis was howling and obviously uncomfortable).

The emergency vet prescribed antibiotics, and told us to see our vet,
which we did the next day. He did a full blood work-up and x-ray. No
blockages, no obvious infections. He told me that cats' fevers can
spike up with trauma, and I thought maybe he'd had a scrape with our
resident bitch female. He added an anti-inflammatory to Louis'
prescription.

That night, Louis seemed better.

We noticed that night that he had a large lump in his lower
hind-quarters. The vet said it may have been a migration of the
sub-cutaneous saline injection, given to rehydrate him in reaction to
his fever.

The lump stayed for days, and after some time we could feel a wound at
the top of it. The lump shrank, and Louis seemed happy, though he had
that clump of matted fur on his flank.

A few days ago, I sat down at my laptop, and found a lump of fur and
flesh on the keyboard.

The lump had shrunk, and Louis had apparently bitten off the scab and
left it on my workspace, perhaps saying "daddy, I'm better now!".

We love all our cats. We feel a special responsibility to Louis since
we bought him from a breeder, and he's wound up having a very unusual
personality. He doesn't have Tiger's moggie genes to toughen him up
against illness - so he's a special kitty.

I still feel grateful that we bought him, instead of a clueless family
looking for a trophy cat.

BLink
--------------------------
"The worst thing about censorship is [redacted]"

Barb
March 14th 06, 07:53 PM
Nice story. Glad the little Bengal is okay!

--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,

Miami Jones
March 15th 06, 03:05 AM
Brian Link wrote:
> Louis the Bengal came stumbling into our kitchen around 1AM, while we
> were on the phone with the clinic regarding our resident teen girl's
> acute illness.
>
> He crept in, lowing, with his tail between his legs. Any touch made
> him growl with that frightening sub-sonic Bengal growl.
>
> We took him to the emergency clinic. No obstructions, but his
> temperature was 105.5, and he was clearly in pain (usually cats will
> hide discomfort, but Louis was howling and obviously uncomfortable).
>
> The emergency vet prescribed antibiotics, and told us to see our vet,
> which we did the next day. He did a full blood work-up and x-ray. No
> blockages, no obvious infections. He told me that cats' fevers can
> spike up with trauma, and I thought maybe he'd had a scrape with our
> resident bitch female. He added an anti-inflammatory to Louis'
> prescription.
>
> That night, Louis seemed better.
>
> We noticed that night that he had a large lump in his lower
> hind-quarters. The vet said it may have been a migration of the
> sub-cutaneous saline injection, given to rehydrate him in reaction to
> his fever.
>
> The lump stayed for days, and after some time we could feel a wound at
> the top of it. The lump shrank, and Louis seemed happy, though he had
> that clump of matted fur on his flank.
>
> A few days ago, I sat down at my laptop, and found a lump of fur and
> flesh on the keyboard.
>
> The lump had shrunk, and Louis had apparently bitten off the scab and
> left it on my workspace, perhaps saying "daddy, I'm better now!".
>
> We love all our cats. We feel a special responsibility to Louis since
> we bought him from a breeder, and he's wound up having a very unusual
> personality. He doesn't have Tiger's moggie genes to toughen him up
> against illness - so he's a special kitty.
>
> I still feel grateful that we bought him, instead of a clueless family
> looking for a trophy cat.
>
> BLink
> --------------------------
> "The worst thing about censorship is [redacted]"

Im sorry have we met?
--

yuk yuk yuk

Glad the little fella is steel with you

are you sure your wife didn't leave the hairball on the laptop?
IT'S A LEGITIMATE QUESTION

Miami Jones
March 15th 06, 06:03 AM
Miami Jones wrote:

> Glad the little fella is steel with you
>
> are you sure your wife didn't leave the hairball on the laptop?
> IT'S A LEGITIMATE QUESTION

Your wife is a bigfoot ain't she

you shaved her down and taught her how to talk.

your damn kids say goonie goo goo

you take her fishing and she sticks her head in the water to grab a
fish tween her teeth.

poor blink

Brian Link
March 15th 06, 07:20 AM
On 14 Mar 2006 21:03:12 -0800, "Miami Jones"
> wrote:

>Miami Jones wrote:
>
>> Glad the little fella is steel with you
>>
>> are you sure your wife didn't leave the hairball on the laptop?
>> IT'S A LEGITIMATE QUESTION
>
>Your wife is a bigfoot ain't she
>
>you shaved her down and taught her how to talk.
>
>your damn kids say goonie goo goo
>
>you take her fishing and she sticks her head in the water to grab a
>fish tween her teeth.
>
>poor blink

Sad sad trolls here,

Can we at least hope for intellgent trolls?

I mean, thiis is just pitiful.

BLink
--------------------------
"The worst thing about censorship is [redacted]"

Miami Jones
March 15th 06, 04:17 PM
LOOK! no offense to you bigfoot types...geeeez sorry

"Barb" > wrote in message
. verio.net...
> Block-em
>
> --
> Barb
> Of course I don't look busy,
> I did it right the first time.

Barb
March 15th 06, 05:04 PM
Block-em

--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,

Kitkat
March 16th 06, 02:30 AM
Brian Link wrote:
> On 14 Mar 2006 21:03:12 -0800, "Miami Jones"
> > wrote:
>

>>Miami Jones wrote:
>>

>>>Glad the little fella is steel with you
>>>
>>>are you sure your wife didn't leave the hairball on the laptop?
>>>IT'S A LEGITIMATE QUESTION
>>
>>Your wife is a bigfoot ain't she
>>
>>you shaved her down and taught her how to talk.
>>
>>your damn kids say goonie goo goo
>>
>>you take her fishing and she sticks her head in the water to grab a
>>fish tween her teeth.
>>
>>poor blink
>

> Sad sad trolls here,
>
> Can we at least hope for intellgent trolls?
>
> I mean, thiis is just pitiful.

He is quoting Eddie Murphy.

hth. hand.

cybercat
March 16th 06, 02:36 AM
"Kitkat" > wrote in message
. com...
> Brian Link wrote:
> > On 14 Mar 2006 21:03:12 -0800, "Miami Jones"
> > > wrote:

> >>Your wife is a bigfoot ain't she
> >>
> >>you shaved her down and taught her how to talk.
> >>
> >>your damn kids say goonie goo goo
> >>
> >>you take her fishing and she sticks her head in the water to grab a
> >>fish tween her teeth.
> >>
> >>poor blink
> >

> > Sad sad trolls here,
> >
> > Can we at least hope for intellgent trolls?
> >
> > I mean, thiis is just pitiful.
> >

> He is quoting Eddie Murphy.
>

> hth. hand.

KitKat! Where you been, Chica?

Kitkat
March 16th 06, 04:51 AM
Miami Jones wrote:
> i can't get by with nothing
>
> ya'll won't let me have anything
>
> next time, ill pull out some flip wilson
>
> then..THEN

silly top poster. i was just coverin your back since clearly no one knew
wtf you were talking about with the bigfoot references and ****. i know
that entire routine word for word.

i gotta jet to my gunigugu mobile now and get the **** out. and if my
wife dont like it, she can get the **** out too.

;)

Kitkat
March 16th 06, 04:52 AM
cybercat wrote:
> "Kitkat" > wrote in message
> . com...
>
>>Brian Link wrote:

>>>Sad sad trolls here,
>>>
>>>Can we at least hope for intellgent trolls?
>>>
>>>I mean, thiis is just pitiful.
>>>

>>He is quoting Eddie Murphy.
>>

>>hth. hand.
>

> KitKat! Where you been, Chica?

Im around! Not a lotta time on my hands!

Dudley is doing well though! Yay! :)

Miami Jones
March 16th 06, 05:29 AM
LOL
(some at the bottom too)

"Kitkat" > wrote in message
> Miami Jones wrote:
> > i can't get by with nothing
> >
> > ya'll won't let me have anything
> >
> > next time, ill pull out some flip wilson
> >
> > then..THEN
>

> silly top poster. i was just coverin your back since clearly no one knew
> wtf you were talking about with the bigfoot references and ****. i know
> that entire routine word for word.
>
> i gotta jet to my gunigugu mobile now and get the **** out. and if my
> wife dont like it, she can get the **** out too.
>
> ;)

and

LOL

cybercat
March 16th 06, 05:56 AM
"Kitkat" > wrote

> > KitKat! Where you been, Chica?
> >

> Im around! Not a lotta time on my hands!
>
> Dudley is doing well though! Yay! :)

Wonderful. Well, it's nice to see you.

Kitkat
March 17th 06, 03:10 AM
cybercat wrote:
> "Kitkat" > wrote
>

>>>KitKat! Where you been, Chica?
>>>

>>Im around! Not a lotta time on my hands!
>>
>>Dudley is doing well though! Yay! :)
>

> Wonderful. Well, it's nice to see you.

Spring break is just around the corner. I'll have a few more minutes on
my hands then. ;)
I tend to post more when I'm not working. hehe

cybercat
March 17th 06, 03:25 AM
"Kitkat" > wrote in message
et...
> cybercat wrote:
> > "Kitkat" > wrote

> >>Im around! Not a lotta time on my hands!
> >>
> >>Dudley is doing well though! Yay! :)
> >

> > Wonderful. Well, it's nice to see you.
> >

> Spring break is just around the corner. I'll have a few more minutes on
> my hands then. ;)
> I tend to post more when I'm not working. hehe\

hee! I wish that were true of me~~! I know you'll be glad when the break
comes. More Dudley pics!