PDA

View Full Version : puppy food for cats

March 16th 06, 05:39 PM
HI guys,.

Lately firedn of mine told me that puppy food makes ;itterbox doesn't
smell.
is this true?

Also he said becuase puppy food doesn't have every cats need he gives
cat treats on the side like 2 time a month.

what do you guys think?

Cemal

---MIKE---
March 16th 06, 06:09 PM
That's a good way to make your cat very sick. Don't do it.

---MIKE---
>>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
>> (44 15' N - Elevation 1580')

PawsForThought
March 16th 06, 06:12 PM
wrote:
> HI guys,.
>
> Lately firedn of mine told me that puppy food makes ;itterbox doesn't
> smell.
> is this true?
>
> Also he said becuase puppy food doesn't have every cats need he gives
> cat treats on the side like 2 time a month.
>
> what do you guys think?
>
> Cemal

Do NOT listen to this person. This is absolutely untrue. You could
hurt your cat by feeding a dog/puppy food. Cats have very specific
nutritional needs and therefore should not have dog food. A cat needs
cat food specifically formulated to address the nutritional needs. I
certainly hope your friend is not feeding his cat a diet of dog food.

Kelcey via CatKB.com
March 16th 06, 07:23 PM
>Lately firedn of mine told me that puppy food makes ;itterbox doesn't
>smell.
>is this true?
>
>Also he said becuase puppy food doesn't have every cats need he gives
>cat treats on the side like 2 time a month.
>
>what do you guys think?

Tell your friend his cat absolutely needs cat food for the following reasons:

- Cats require much more protein than dogs which cat food provides
- Cats require a high amount of taurine; dog food has less than a cat
requires as dogs can make thier own taurine. A deficiency of taurine will
cause the cat to get severe heart disease and also become blind (a chronic
deficiency of taurine will cause total blindness within two years)
- Cats require the fatty acid arachidonic acid and must have it in their diet.
It is not essential for dogs to have this in thier food
- Cats require a different form of vitamin A than dogs do. Dog food may
contain beta carotene which a dog can convert to vitamin A. A cat cannot
convert beta carotene to vitamin A

Leihla
March 17th 06, 01:25 AM
This is upsetting. Look, tell your friend he's responsible when his cat
goes blind.

My friend adopted a blind cat who got that way by being fed only dog
food on a farm. It's sad, and it's unnecessary.

If your friend is too lazy or cheap to buy cat food, then why even have
a cat?

Leihla
March 17th 06, 01:26 AM