PDA

View Full Version : Veterinary Ethics

CatNipped
March 16th 06, 09:19 PM
I think everyone, including vets, make mistakes. The measure of a person,
however, is how they handle the mistakes they make.

As a lot of you know, Bandit was severely burned by a rice-filled heating
bag when she got a dental cleaning last year. I didn't find the burn until
a week later when her hair started sloughing off of her belly and the skin
had become gangrenous. Since it was almost 10:00PM when I found it, we
rushed her to the emergency vet. The emergency vet hedged and would only
say it *looked* like a burn and wouldn't speculate on how it got there (even
though we told them about the recent dental). I was racking my brains
trying to think about what around my home may have caused this burn - I
didn't once think it might have been caused by the vet since it didn't
appear until almost 10 days after her dental (I may have twigged to this
later, but didn't have the chance to as per below).

When I brought Bandit into her regular vet the next morning the vet
*immediately* said, "This had to have happened during the dental, the
heating bag must not have been monitored well enough." She performed two
subsequent surgeries to remove the burned and gangrenous skin on Bandit's
stomach (and from the burns that cropped up on her back and side later), she
did extensive bloodwork and urine testing, provided pain medications, burn
medications, and antibiotics - all free of charge - and reimbursed me for
what I spent at the emergency vet's office. She also called me twice a day
to ask about Bandit the whole time she was recovering, and continually
expressed her regret and concern over what had happened.

I was angry and upset that my baby had to go through all that pain and
suffering, but I couldn't fault the vet for how she handled the mistake they
made. If she had tried to hide their mistake, or had refused responsibility
for correcting their mistake, I probably would have considered legal action.
But since she *did* admit she made a mistake, and did everything in her
power to correct that mistake, I felt Bandit was well cared for and I
continue to see this vet. [They threw out the rice-filled heating pads and
reported the incident to the AVA, other vets and vet hospitals in the area,
and all other associations she was affiliated with.]

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

IBen Getiner
March 17th 06, 11:54 AM
CatNipped wrote:
> I think everyone, including vets, make mistakes. The measure of a person,
> however, is how they handle the mistakes they make.
>
> As a lot of you know, Bandit was severely burned by a rice-filled heating
> bag when she got a dental cleaning last year. I didn't find the burn until
> a week later when her hair started sloughing off of her belly and the skin
> had become gangrenous. Since it was almost 10:00PM when I found it, we
> rushed her to the emergency vet. The emergency vet hedged and would only
> say it *looked* like a burn and wouldn't speculate on how it got there (even
> though we told them about the recent dental). I was racking my brains
> trying to think about what around my home may have caused this burn - I
> didn't once think it might have been caused by the vet since it didn't
> appear until almost 10 days after her dental (I may have twigged to this
> later, but didn't have the chance to as per below).
>
> When I brought Bandit into her regular vet the next morning the vet
> *immediately* said, "This had to have happened during the dental, the
> heating bag must not have been monitored well enough." She performed two
> subsequent surgeries to remove the burned and gangrenous skin on Bandit's
> stomach (and from the burns that cropped up on her back and side later), she
> did extensive bloodwork and urine testing, provided pain medications, burn
> medications, and antibiotics - all free of charge - and reimbursed me for
> what I spent at the emergency vet's office. She also called me twice a day
> to ask about Bandit the whole time she was recovering, and continually
> expressed her regret and concern over what had happened.
>
> I was angry and upset that my baby had to go through all that pain and
> suffering, but I couldn't fault the vet for how she handled the mistake they
> made. If she had tried to hide their mistake, or had refused responsibility
> for correcting their mistake, I probably would have considered legal action.
> But since she *did* admit she made a mistake, and did everything in her
> power to correct that mistake, I felt Bandit was well cared for and I
> continue to see this vet. [They threw out the rice-filled heating pads and
> reported the incident to the AVA, other vets and vet hospitals in the area,
> and all other associations she was affiliated with.]
>
> --
>
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped
>
> See all my masters at: http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped

In my opinion, this nice little story was probably all just a rouse.
You're just trying to establish an alibi because you abused your pet,
and now you somehow fear that the law is going to catch up with you.
That's what you're up to. I know panic and desperation when I read it..
Well I hope they do, you friggin' liar.
Don't expect any sympathies around these here parts, either. Especially
the way you chastised poor grieving Kandace the other day.
Burn you cat...? Burn in hell, jerk-off.. I hope they burn YOU.

IBen

IBen Getiner
March 17th 06, 11:56 AM
CatNipped wrote:

> I think everyone, including vets, make mistakes. The measure of a person,
> however, is how they handle the mistakes they make.
>
> As a lot of you know, Bandit was severely burned by a rice-filled heating
> bag when she got a dental cleaning last year. I didn't find the burn until
> a week later when her hair started sloughing off of her belly and the skin
> had become gangrenous. Since it was almost 10:00PM when I found it, we
> rushed her to the emergency vet. The emergency vet hedged and would only
> say it *looked* like a burn and wouldn't speculate on how it got there (even
> though we told them about the recent dental). I was racking my brains
> trying to think about what around my home may have caused this burn - I
> didn't once think it might have been caused by the vet since it didn't
> appear until almost 10 days after her dental (I may have twigged to this
> later, but didn't have the chance to as per below).
>
> When I brought Bandit into her regular vet the next morning the vet
> *immediately* said, "This had to have happened during the dental, the
> heating bag must not have been monitored well enough." She performed two
> subsequent surgeries to remove the burned and gangrenous skin on Bandit's
> stomach (and from the burns that cropped up on her back and side later), she
> did extensive bloodwork and urine testing, provided pain medications, burn
> medications, and antibiotics - all free of charge - and reimbursed me for
> what I spent at the emergency vet's office. She also called me twice a day
> to ask about Bandit the whole time she was recovering, and continually
> expressed her regret and concern over what had happened.
>
> I was angry and upset that my baby had to go through all that pain and
> suffering, but I couldn't fault the vet for how she handled the mistake they
> made. If she had tried to hide their mistake, or had refused responsibility
> for correcting their mistake, I probably would have considered legal action.
> But since she *did* admit she made a mistake, and did everything in her
> power to correct that mistake, I felt Bandit was well cared for and I
> continue to see this vet. [They threw out the rice-filled heating pads and
> reported the incident to the AVA, other vets and vet hospitals in the area,
> and all other associations she was affiliated with.]
>
> --
>
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped
>
> See all my masters at: http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

In my opinion, this nice little story was probably all just a rouse.
You're just trying to establish an alibi because you torched your own
pet, and now you somehow fear that the law is going to catch up with
you. That's what you're up to. I know panic and desperation when I read
it.. Well I hope they do, you friggin' liar.
Don't expect any sympathies around these here parts, either. Especially
the way you chastised poor grieving Kandace the other day.
Burn you cat...? Burn in hell, jerk-off.. I hope they burn YOU.

IBen

Miami Jones
March 17th 06, 02:09 PM
IBen Getiner wrote:

<snip masterbatory post>

yule get better results in alt.fatassmenwhocan'tseetheirbleep

Later sicko

Matthew AKA NMR \( NO MORE RETAIL \)
March 17th 06, 04:09 PM
> IBen Getiner

I am glad I kill filed that [email protected]@hole

IBen Getiner
March 17th 06, 11:23 PM
Matthew AKA NMR ( NO MORE RETAIL ) wrote:

> > IBen Getiner
>
> I am glad I kill filed that [email protected]@hole

Yes, matthew... We can see that.

IBen

IBen Getiner
March 17th 06, 11:27 PM
Miami Jones wrote:

> IBen Getiner wrote:
>
> <snip masterbatory post>
>
> yule get better results in alt.fatassmenwhocan'tseetheirbleep

Well, I'd say that depends entirely upon how long their bleeps were.

> Later sicko

No... I need to jerk off on somebody right now.

IBen 'biglikebuffalo,longlikesnake' Getiner

Charlie Wilkes
March 18th 06, 07:57 PM
On 18 Mar 2006 09:35:09 -0800, "J Young" >
wrote:

>IBen Getiner wrote:
>> Miami Jones wrote:
>>
>> > IBen Getiner wrote:
>> >
>> > <snip masterbatory post>
>> >
>> > yule get better results in alt.fatassmenwhocan'tseetheirbleep
>>
>> Well, I'd say that depends entirely upon how long their bleeps were.
>>
>> > Later sicko
>>
>> No... I need to jerk off on somebody right now.
>>

>> IBen 'biglikebuffalo,longlikesnake' Getiner
>
>Twinkle twinkle little boy
>As i massage your tinkle toy
>it feels so good i do not care
>your little pee pee has no hair
>i like your nuts
>i like your butt
>i like your sack
>i like your crack
>if you will let me be your friend
>i will make yout thingy gooey again

Cute, but you need to trim the meter on that last line.

You get going on this boy-molester jag quite frequently, Iben. It's
worrisome.

Charlie