PDA

View Full Version : Re: ping PHIL P

Niel Humphreys
March 17th 06, 01:01 PM
"helmsman" > wrote in message
> The vet says our cat has Cardiomyopathy.
> It seemed to come on in 2 days.
> Scouts weight hasn't changed in over 2 years.
> We took Scout to the vet.
> The vet did:
> weight
> physical exam
> Major blood screen
> urine analysis
> 2 Radiographs/interpretation
> Electrocardiogram-routine
> Cytology (microscopic descrip)
> Tap thorax
> Drain thoracic fluid
>
> "They couldn't drain to much as the stuff is around his lungs and not
> in his lungs."
>
> We are giving him "Enacard 2.5 MG Tablets"
>
> Any ideas?

One of mine just got diagnosed with the same (thanks Phil for the advice)
but the vet had no problem in draining the all fluid from his chest. He is
on Hypercard 10mg 3 times a day now for the rest of his life and he was back
to his normal self after a couple of days of pills, just as Phil advised to
me.

Worf hasn't lost any weight and it also came on pretty quickly but I imagine
the external symptoms were much to do with the fluid in his chest
compressing his lungs and making him wheeze. He's even getting used to
getting 'pilled' 3 times a day. :)
--

Niel H

Phil P.
March 17th 06, 04:53 PM
"Niel Humphreys" > wrote in
message ...
> One of mine just got diagnosed with the same (thanks Phil for the advice)
> but the vet had no problem in draining the all fluid from his chest. He is
> on Hypercard 10mg 3 times a day now for the rest of his life and he was
back
> to his normal self after a couple of days of pills, just as Phil advised
> me.
>
> Worf hasn't lost any weight and it also came on pretty quickly but I
imagine
> the external symptoms were much to do with the fluid in his chest
> compressing his lungs and making him wheeze. He's even getting used to
> getting 'pilled' 3 times a day. :)

I'm really happy Mr. Worf is doing well! You're doing a great job.

Please keep me posted on his progress.

Phil