PDA

View Full Version : swollen feet on cat

niko
March 18th 06, 08:07 PM
My cat is about 12 years old, she has been in not great health as of
late, she ran away a while back and must have been trapped somehwere
for a quite a while, about a week. She finally made it home and she was
obviously starving, she was skin and bones.
We have taken her to the vet, and he has encouraged me to feed her
specialty canned foods and if she gets sick of it to give her some
human food...so I gave her some canned chicken this morning. Bad move.
Her feet are now swollen, while the rest of her is still very thin.
Could it be high sodium in the food maybe? and Is this a very bad sign,
ie should i take her to the vet? thanks

Candace
March 18th 06, 09:09 PM
niko wrote:

> Her feet are now swollen, while the rest of her is still very thin.
> Could it be high sodium in the food maybe? and Is this a very bad sign,
> ie should i take her to the vet? thanks

Probably, I would at least call him and ask him about it.

Candace

Buddy
March 18th 06, 09:22 PM
Call a vet now. That is not a good sign. Especially for an older cat.

Kelcey via CatKB.com
March 19th 06, 02:26 AM
>Her feet are now swollen, while the rest of her is still very thin.
>Could it be high sodium in the food maybe? and Is this a very bad sign,
>ie should i take her to the vet? thanks

Doubt very much it's from the sodium; definitely take her to vet asap.