PDA

View Full Version : Cat Trapping in Calgary, Alberta, Canada


Trapper Freeman
March 22nd 06, 09:17 PM
Recreational cat trappers have much to celebrate with Monday's
successful third reading of the Calgary Cat Control Bylaw. When the
bylaw comes into effect (likely next week), cat trapping enthusiasts
will no longer be restricted to trapping furious felines trespassing on

their own private property. Soon Calgarians will be able to trap cats
at-large on public land! Moreover, the new bylaw helps control
cantankerous cats by outlawing felonious feline behaviours, including
mousing and birding. Cats of Calgary: Be warned!

Join us in our frenzy of feline festivities by visiting the Calgary
Association of Recreational Cat Trappers at www.carct.ca


Have fun and safe trapping.


Trapper Freeman


----------
The Calgary Association of Recreational Cat Trappers
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Helping dispatch cats....Sometimes even to responsible pet owners.
http://carct.ca

cybercat
March 23rd 06, 02:15 AM
"Trapper Freeman" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Recreational cat trappers have much to celebrate with Monday's
> successful third reading of the Calgary Cat Control Bylaw. When the
> bylaw comes into effect (likely next week), cat trapping enthusiasts
> will no longer be restricted to trapping furious felines trespassing on
>
> their own private property. Soon Calgarians will be able to trap cats
> at-large on public land! Moreover, the new bylaw helps control
> cantankerous cats by outlawing felonious feline behaviours, including
> mousing and birding. Cats of Calgary: Be warned!
>
> Join us in our frenzy of feline festivities by visiting the Calgary
> Association of Recreational Cat Trappers at www.carct.ca
>
>
> Have fun and safe trapping.
>
>
> Trapper Freeman
>

What a sweet, creative, and well-done troll! Good for you. :)

~Echo
March 23rd 06, 04:22 AM
bwaahahahahaha!!
I've got a roaming cat that needs trappin down here in Brentwood.
My Rotti nearly caught and ate him for dinner.




"Trapper Freeman" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Recreational cat trappers have much to celebrate with Monday's
> successful third reading of the Calgary Cat Control Bylaw.

Arubalisa
March 23rd 06, 05:34 AM
Oh and let me guess, soon you will be selling cat skin caps!

Crawl back into the hole you came from...

Arubalisa
March 23rd 06, 05:34 AM
Oh and let me guess, soon you will be selling cat skin caps!

Crawl back into the hole you came from...

cybercat
March 23rd 06, 07:18 AM
"Arubalisa" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Oh and let me guess, soon you will be selling cat skin caps!
>
> Crawl back into the hole you came from...
>

Could you please stop being stupid?

Pardon?

Yes, I said "STUPID."

Grow a sense of humor and a shred of an intellect
before you post again, would you?

Kelcey via CatKB.com
March 23rd 06, 04:53 PM
>Oh and let me guess, soon you will be selling cat skin caps!
>Crawl back into the hole you came from...

If you go to the site you will see that this is just something humerous that
the Calgary Humane Society put together. Nothing harmful.

--
Message posted via CatKB.com
http://www.catkb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/cat-health/200603/1

Trapper Freeman
March 23rd 06, 06:31 PM
Once the new bylaw comes into effect, it would be best if that
felonious feline was trapped before your Rotti gets its canines on it.
Otherwise you risk huge fines and having your puppy declared a vicious
animal.

If you're the adventurous type, you can trap the cat yourself. Just
give Animal Services a call at 311 (in Calgary, otherwise call
403-268-CITY) and make arrangements to borrow a city-owned trap at no
cost to you (other than for the cat bait). They won't even deposit your
check, provided you return the trap. Currently you can cat trap
anywhere on your own property. But what we like about the new kitty cat
bylaw is that as soon it's signed off Calgarians can trap on public
land!

Obviously we can't stress the importance of safeguarding your own
safety when dealing handling your cat and keep in mind that you're
legally required to treat your trapped cats humanely.

Cheers,

Trapper Freeman







~Echo wrote:
> bwaahahahahaha!!
> I've got a roaming cat that needs trappin down here in Brentwood.
> My Rotti nearly caught and ate him for dinner.
>
>
>
>
> "Trapper Freeman" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
> > Recreational cat trappers have much to celebrate with Monday's
> > successful third reading of the Calgary Cat Control Bylaw.

Trapper Freeman
March 23rd 06, 06:51 PM
We won't be selling cat-skin caps at this point. Trapped cats have to
be turned over to Animal Services so that they can attempt to reunite
them with their "responsible" owners. Of course, if the owner doesn't
accept responsibility for the delinquent kitty, there's always a chance
that it will be adopted. But the odds aren't good of it finding a home
and, sadly, if not it's a one-way trip to kitty heaven.

Presently the hides go to waste and we do have a problem with that. One
of the reasons for implementing the Calgary kitty bylaw is that it's
perceived felines are not valued. What we're proposing is that any
hides be provided to the cat trapper for a reasonable fee. Putting a
price on departed kitties ensures that their value is recognized. We
also believe that mounted cat heads would make for a fabulous trophy in
any urban house.

As we see it, the new bylaw encourages less than responsible cat owners
to be even more irresponsible because, if kitty strays away, they have
to pay stiff fines if they want to reclaim their cat. Research shows
that simply doesn't happen. Programs such as that being implemented
here in Calgary result less responsibility by cat owners and even more
cats being put down.

While that's not so nice for the cats, it does help provide a
sustainable population of trappable cats! And we say "meow" to that!

Trapper Freeman

n7uqa91@gmail.com
March 24th 06, 02:01 AM
This has got to be the most tasteless parody site I've seen yet. I'm
sure you will get lot's of feeding to this troll.

cybercat
March 24th 06, 03:14 AM
> wrote in message
oups.com...
> This has got to be the most tasteless parody site I've seen yet. I'm
> sure you will get lot's of feeding to this troll.
>

Another humorless dimwit.

Trapper Freeman
March 27th 06, 12:56 AM
Cybercat,

Calgary's Recreational Cat Trappers are thankful that "cat-lovers" like
help ensure we have a sustainable population for our
cat trapping activities. Actually, there are critics who say people
shouldn't be able to trap cats at all!

But thanks to good work of and others, cat trappers in
Calgary will soon (we expect next week) be able to cat trap not only in
our backyards, but on public land as well.

Please visit our website at http://carct.ca for your own copy of
Trapper Bruno's [Cat Trapping] Anthem.


Happy trapping,

Trapper Freeman.


cybercat wrote:
> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > This has got to be the most tasteless parody site I've seen yet. I'm
> > sure you will get lot's of feeding to this troll.
> >
>
> Another humorless dimwit.