PDA

View Full Version : net to protect bassinet from kitty?

March 22nd 06, 11:43 PM
Hi - does anybody know where I can buy a net to go over the bassinet
and crib so that
the kitties can't jump in with a new baby? I prefer not to have to
lock them out of the
bedroom but I want to be able to sleep myself and not worry that they
are making
themselves at home in the bassinet with a tiny newborn.

Thanks
HK

dnr
March 23rd 06, 12:31 AM
> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hi - does anybody know where I can buy a net to go over the bassinet
> and crib so that
> the kitties can't jump in with a new baby? I prefer not to have to
> lock them out of the
> bedroom but I want to be able to sleep myself and not worry that they
> are making
> themselves at home in the bassinet with a tiny newborn.
>
> Thanks
> HK

Bet you could figure out something practical for your purpose
with one of those mesh-like "canopies" (about $30 and on up)
they sell to hang over beds. One with a looser weave would
let plenty air in for infant. Or, since it's a bassinet, maybe
something smaller, like mosquito netting for kid-size beds/cribs.

Matthew AKA NMR \( NO MORE RETAIL \)
March 23rd 06, 12:34 AM
mosquito netting is the best bet easy to install easy to move the crib if
necessary and the netting can be weighted you can make a protective circle
around the crib and the changing table to keep noisy kitty from jumping up
there
"dnr" > wrote in message
> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>> Hi - does anybody know where I can buy a net to go over the bassinet
>> and crib so that
>> the kitties can't jump in with a new baby? I prefer not to have to
>> lock them out of the
>> bedroom but I want to be able to sleep myself and not worry that they
>> are making
>> themselves at home in the bassinet with a tiny newborn.
>>
>> Thanks
>> HK
>
> Bet you could figure out something practical for your purpose
> with one of those mesh-like "canopies" (about $30 and on up)
> they sell to hang over beds. One with a looser weave would
> let plenty air in for infant. Or, since it's a bassinet, maybe
> something smaller, like mosquito netting for kid-size beds/cribs.

Debra Berry
March 23rd 06, 03:57 PM
for a crib tent see:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00014PLAY/002-2496929-6706434?v=glance

http://store.babycenter.com/product/furniture_bedding/nursery_accessories/crib_accessories/1444?stage=all

http://www.totsinmind.com/products/crib.html

Debbie Berry

wrote:

> Hi - does anybody know where I can buy a net to go over the bassinet
> and crib so that
> the kitties can't jump in with a new baby? I prefer not to have to
> lock them out of the
> bedroom but I want to be able to sleep myself and not worry that they
> are making
> themselves at home in the bassinet with a tiny newborn.
>
> Thanks
> HK

March 23rd 06, 06:54 PM
What we did when our son was a baby was replace his door with a screen
door. It kept the cats out, but we could still hear him when he cried.
Of course, my son slept in his own room so this may not work for you
if you co-sleep.

MaryL
March 24th 06, 07:44 AM
"Debra Berry" > wrote in message

> for a crib tent see:
>
> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00014PLAY/002-2496929-6706434?v=glance
>
> http://store.babycenter.com/product/furniture_bedding/nursery_accessories/crib_accessories/1444?stage=all
>
> http://www.totsinmind.com/products/crib.html
>
> Debbie Berry

These look like good options. I would be concerned about something loose
like mosquito netting because of the possibility that it could fall into the
bed and interfere with the baby's breathing. However, the device shown in
your links has a rigid support that should solve that problem.

MaryL