PDA

View Full Version : sphynx growing hair

March 23rd 06, 01:36 AM
my sphynx was never fully hairless. she had very short curly hair on
her feet, tail, and face. she has slowly been growing a curly coat. she
just had kittens and it now covered in a thin curly short coat
everywhere but her tummy and top of her head. is this normal? is there
something wrong? could she be sick? or something missing/too much of in
her diet?

deci
March 31st 06, 06:46 PM
On 22 Mar 2006 16:36:36 -0800, wrote:

>my sphynx was never fully hairless. she had very short curly hair on
>her feet, tail, and face. she has slowly been growing a curly coat. she
>just had kittens and it now covered in a thin curly short coat
>everywhere but her tummy and top of her head. is this normal? is there
>something wrong? could she be sick? or something missing/too much of in
>her diet?

Sphynk cats aren't totally hairless anyway - they have a very fine
covering of very short downy fur - Maybe she had some congenital
genetic tenancy to be more furry than most, which could have been made
more noticeable due the hormone surge of pregnancy? JMO

http://www.black-cat-gfx.co.uk/

"A cat is only technically an animal,
being divine" - Robert Lynd