PDA

View Full Version : Cat rolls in litter.

felix
March 23rd 06, 09:30 PM
I have a cat that has recently begun rolling in litter. It began as a once every few months event and has steadily progressed into a once a week affair.

I have been bathing her after each roll hoping she would eventually stop.

Now I am trying different types of litter in case she is particularly attracted(?) to the scent of Tidy Cats.

Has anyone else had this problem? And if so, how did you correct your cat's behavior?

Thanks for any advice.

Kelcey via CatKB.com
March 24th 06, 01:17 AM
>I have a cat that has recently begun rolling in litter. It began as
>once every few months event and has steadily progressed into a once
>week affair.
>Now I am trying different types of litter in case she is particularl
>attracted(?) to the scent of Tidy Cats.

Try unscented litters, that's all I've ever used.

Buddy
March 24th 06, 02:20 AM
Kelcey via CatKB.com wrote:
> >I have a cat that has recently begun rolling in litter. It began as
> >once every few months event and has steadily progressed into a once
> >week affair.
> >Now I am trying different types of litter in case she is particularl
> >attracted(?) to the scent of Tidy Cats.
>
> Try unscented litters, that's all I've ever used.

Buddy
March 24th 06, 02:23 AM
I have used Tidy Cat forever and have never had a cat roll in it.

Is your cat in heat by any chance?

Keep the litter stirred daily and changed at least weekly and you
should not have problems - providing it is for one cat?