PDA

View Full Version : Cat girl loves dog boy...but not his dog

furfin
March 25th 06, 06:12 AM
A cat person friend of mine recently moved in with a boy who has a dog
which she is having a hard time with as follows:
1) Dog has a terrible entrenched long-untreated case of mange which was
also transmitted to one of her two cats and (mildly) to the humans. Cat
girl has encouraged dog boy to get dog to the vet and now dog is
getting Ivermectin shots and is on Revolution (as are cats), but mange
has not yet cleared up.
2) Dog has never had any obedience training and has terrible manners.
3) Dog is very stinky. House stinks unpleasantly of dog.
4) Dog sheds, drools, farts, eats his own ****, and vomits frequently,
then eats vomit, basically doing every gross thing a dog can do.
5) Dog chases cats.
6) Boy adores dog and seems oblivious to all this. He is upset dog and
cats are quarantined in separate rooms during mange treatment. He is
used to his buddy having run of the house and misses that.
7) Cat girl is nice to dog and is making special meals for dog in an
attempt to improve his health (especially skin) but she is also
privately revolted by dog as he offends her clean, catlike
sensibilities.
8) Cat girl's cats are confined, outraged, and terrified of dog. Some
minor territorial spraying has occured but mostly cats are just
miserable and dismayed.
What should this couple do????? Can it ever work? What should they try?

Stacey Weinberger
March 25th 06, 06:44 AM
They need to find more suitable partners.

Stacey

"furfin" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>A cat person friend of mine recently moved in with a boy who has a dog
> which she is having a hard time with as follows:
> 1) Dog has a terrible entrenched long-untreated case of mange which was
> also transmitted to one of her two cats and (mildly) to the humans. Cat
> girl has encouraged dog boy to get dog to the vet and now dog is
> getting Ivermectin shots and is on Revolution (as are cats), but mange
> has not yet cleared up.
> 2) Dog has never had any obedience training and has terrible manners.
> 3) Dog is very stinky. House stinks unpleasantly of dog.
> 4) Dog sheds, drools, farts, eats his own ****, and vomits frequently,
> then eats vomit, basically doing every gross thing a dog can do.
> 5) Dog chases cats.
> 6) Boy adores dog and seems oblivious to all this. He is upset dog and
> cats are quarantined in separate rooms during mange treatment. He is
> used to his buddy having run of the house and misses that.
> 7) Cat girl is nice to dog and is making special meals for dog in an
> attempt to improve his health (especially skin) but she is also
> privately revolted by dog as he offends her clean, catlike
> sensibilities.
> 8) Cat girl's cats are confined, outraged, and terrified of dog. Some
> minor territorial spraying has occured but mostly cats are just
> miserable and dismayed.
> What should this couple do????? Can it ever work? What should they try?

Meghan Noecker
March 25th 06, 07:30 AM
On 24 Mar 2006 22:12:29 -0800, "furfin" >
wrote:

>What should this couple do????? Can it ever work? What should they try?

They don't sound very compatible. I like both dogs and cats, and I
would expect my future spouse to like both, and hopefully have some of
his own. As long our animals were mutually agreeable, we'd be fine. I
like most animals, but I would not want to live in a house where a dog
has a high prey drive and goes after cats, or myabe the person has a
hamster, and my cat would someday be guilty of killing it. Either
situation would make things hostile, and I wouldn't want to ever get
into that kind of situation.

As it is, my dog eats feces if she can get it. Our kitty litter boxes
are inside obstacle courses to keep the dogs out, and we have to do
yard duty daily and keep an eye of them to make sure they aren't doing
yard duty for us.

And vomit? I better get to it first. It's very disgusting, but that's
part of having a dog. So is cleaning diarhea off a cat's butt
sometimes. That's just part of owning a pet.

--
Meghan & the Zoo Crew
Equine and Pet Photography

Cat Protector
March 27th 06, 04:05 AM
Simple. Get the dog some help, turn in the boy for animal cruelty and get
her cats and herself out of the relationship. I often wonder how some women
go for disgusting guys like this who have so little regard for the lives of
others. I don't like dogs but his not getting help for the animal when it is
suffering is vile and despicable. You would think the woman would be smart
enough to see a warning sign that this would not work. If he treats his dog
that way, imagine how he will treat her and her cats. The worst thing is the
woman is also guilty of cruelty if she was willing to put her cats in danger
knowing exactly what the situation was. Shame on him and shame on the woman
for putting her cats in that situation where they were terrorized by the dog
and who knows, maybe the guy himself.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

www.panthertekit.com
"furfin" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>A cat person friend of mine recently moved in with a boy who has a dog
> which she is having a hard time with as follows:
> 1) Dog has a terrible entrenched long-untreated case of mange which was
> also transmitted to one of her two cats and (mildly) to the humans. Cat
> girl has encouraged dog boy to get dog to the vet and now dog is
> getting Ivermectin shots and is on Revolution (as are cats), but mange
> has not yet cleared up.
> 2) Dog has never had any obedience training and has terrible manners.
> 3) Dog is very stinky. House stinks unpleasantly of dog.
> 4) Dog sheds, drools, farts, eats his own ****, and vomits frequently,
> then eats vomit, basically doing every gross thing a dog can do.
> 5) Dog chases cats.
> 6) Boy adores dog and seems oblivious to all this. He is upset dog and
> cats are quarantined in separate rooms during mange treatment. He is
> used to his buddy having run of the house and misses that.
> 7) Cat girl is nice to dog and is making special meals for dog in an
> attempt to improve his health (especially skin) but she is also
> privately revolted by dog as he offends her clean, catlike
> sensibilities.
> 8) Cat girl's cats are confined, outraged, and terrified of dog. Some
> minor territorial spraying has occured but mostly cats are just
> miserable and dismayed.
> What should this couple do????? Can it ever work? What should they try?

Freight Train Jones
March 27th 06, 04:30 AM
furfin wrote:
> A cat person friend of mine recently moved in with a boy who has a dog
><omg>

goonie googoo