PDA

View Full Version : cat losing fur

lori
March 26th 06, 04:46 PM
My neighbor's outdoor Florida cat is losing fur on hind legs, moving to stomach area. Cat was treated with frontline about 2 wks ago, but problem seems to be a bit worse. He appears otherwise in good health.

Suggestions?

Lori

http://s55.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3HHBKALQETJFA2R0WZDBZTF9EX
http://s55.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2LYTKYGS4BQTT1FPOYQRH24384

lori
March 26th 06, 05:16 PM
PS: the links are pics of the cat.
"lori" > wrote in message ...
My neighbor's outdoor Florida cat is losing fur on hind legs, moving to stomach area. Cat was treated with frontline about 2 wks ago, but problem seems to be a bit worse. He appears otherwise in good health.

Suggestions?

Lori

http://s55.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3HHBKALQETJFA2R0WZDBZTF9EX
http://s55.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2LYTKYGS4BQTT1FPOYQRH24384

Toni
March 26th 06, 06:19 PM
"lori" > wrote in message
My neighbor's outdoor Florida cat is losing fur on hind legs, moving to
stomach area. Cat was treated with frontline about 2 wks ago, but problem
seems to be a bit worse. He appears otherwise in good health.

Suggestions?

************

Have it looked at by a vet?
It is next to impossible to diagnose a skin condition long distance- one
really needs to see the skin to determine anything beyond speculation.

The pattern is interesting, though.

--
Toni
http://www.irish-wolfhounds.com

Alison
March 28th 06, 10:26 PM
>>"lori" > wrote in message
My neighbor's outdoor Florida cat is losing fur on hind legs, moving to
stomach area. Cat was treated with frontline about 2 wks ago, but problem
seems to be a bit worse. He appears otherwise in good health.

Suggestions?

Lori>>>>>

These links might help

http://www.marvistavet.com/html/body_eosinophilic_granuloma.html
http://www.marvistavet.com/html/body_food_allergies.html
http://www.marvistavet.com/html/body_inhalant_allergies.html

If its flea allergy , your friend would have to treat all the soft
furnishings and carpets.
Alison