PDA

View Full Version : Update on Kahlua and Jack

Prissykitty73 via CatKB.com
March 28th 06, 09:19 PM
As you all may of read and some of you responded (thank you), I was having
some health issues with both Jack and Kahlua. Saturday morning Jack was
hissing, biting and growling and this wasnt him at all he was a lover. I
decided to take them in to vet to get jack looked at to figure out why he was
acting this way because as I said it wasnt like him at all. And I was going
to get Kahlua looked at and get her her shots and medicine for the worm
problem we were having.

Well come to find out that jack Had lost an extreme amount of weight. He went
from 12 ils to 6.6 lbs in a matter of a couple days. The did a stool test on
him and it was alright so they decided to do a luekemia and FIV test on him
because they said his glands under his mouth were way to big(and I agree they
were huge) well the test came back positive for luekemia and they found out
he had cancer eating his insides up.

Since Jacks test came back positive and I knew that if Jack had it there was
a big chance Kahlua could have it too since it is passed between cats if they
use the same litter box I had them test her too. Unfortunatly hers was
positive too.

I loved those cats too much to see them suffer anymore. I had to let them put
them down. But they did promise me they would cremate them together.

It is so hard, I wake up every morning and expect to see them. But I know
this is better for them.

Once again thank you for all your support on this and may Jack and Kahlua's
spirit forever live on

Spot
March 29th 06, 12:02 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss.

Celeste

"Prissykitty73 via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> As you all may of read and some of you responded (thank you), I was having
> some health issues with both Jack and Kahlua. Saturday morning Jack was
> hissing, biting and growling and this wasnt him at all he was a lover. I
> decided to take them in to vet to get jack looked at to figure out why he
> was
> acting this way because as I said it wasnt like him at all. And I was
> going
> to get Kahlua looked at and get her her shots and medicine for the worm
> problem we were having.
>
> Well come to find out that jack Had lost an extreme amount of weight. He
> went
> from 12 ils to 6.6 lbs in a matter of a couple days. The did a stool test
> on
> him and it was alright so they decided to do a luekemia and FIV test on
> him
> because they said his glands under his mouth were way to big(and I agree
> they
> were huge) well the test came back positive for luekemia and they found
> out
> he had cancer eating his insides up.
>
> Since Jacks test came back positive and I knew that if Jack had it there
> was
> a big chance Kahlua could have it too since it is passed between cats if
> they
> use the same litter box I had them test her too. Unfortunatly hers was
> positive too.
>
> I loved those cats too much to see them suffer anymore. I had to let them
> put
> them down. But they did promise me they would cremate them together.
>
> It is so hard, I wake up every morning and expect to see them. But I know
> this is better for them.
>
> Once again thank you for all your support on this and may Jack and
> Kahlua's
> spirit forever live on

meeee
March 29th 06, 01:40 AM
Hugs...that is very sad. I am so sorry. I hope your heart heals, and that
your memories of them will stay with you forever.
"Prissykitty73 via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> As you all may of read and some of you responded (thank you), I was having
> some health issues with both Jack and Kahlua. Saturday morning Jack was
> hissing, biting and growling and this wasnt him at all he was a lover. I
> decided to take them in to vet to get jack looked at to figure out why he
> was
> acting this way because as I said it wasnt like him at all. And I was
> going
> to get Kahlua looked at and get her her shots and medicine for the worm
> problem we were having.
>
> Well come to find out that jack Had lost an extreme amount of weight. He
> went
> from 12 ils to 6.6 lbs in a matter of a couple days. The did a stool test
> on
> him and it was alright so they decided to do a luekemia and FIV test on
> him
> because they said his glands under his mouth were way to big(and I agree
> they
> were huge) well the test came back positive for luekemia and they found
> out
> he had cancer eating his insides up.
>
> Since Jacks test came back positive and I knew that if Jack had it there
> was
> a big chance Kahlua could have it too since it is passed between cats if
> they
> use the same litter box I had them test her too. Unfortunatly hers was
> positive too.
>
> I loved those cats too much to see them suffer anymore. I had to let them
> put
> them down. But they did promise me they would cremate them together.
>
> It is so hard, I wake up every morning and expect to see them. But I know
> this is better for them.
>
> Once again thank you for all your support on this and may Jack and
> Kahlua's
> spirit forever live on

Morgen
March 29th 06, 05:32 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss. Jack must have been really close to death
already with the cancer, and poor Kahlua just got sick. I'm soooo
sorry! My heart is with you.
Morgen

-L.
March 29th 06, 07:58 AM
Prissykitty73 via CatKB.com wrote:
> As you all may of read and some of you responded (thank you), I was having
> some health issues with both Jack and Kahlua. Saturday morning Jack was
> hissing, biting and growling and this wasnt him at all he was a lover. I
> decided to take them in to vet to get jack looked at to figure out why he was
> acting this way because as I said it wasnt like him at all. And I was going
> to get Kahlua looked at and get her her shots and medicine for the worm
> problem we were having.
>
> Well come to find out that jack Had lost an extreme amount of weight. He went
> from 12 ils to 6.6 lbs in a matter of a couple days. The did a stool test on
> him and it was alright so they decided to do a luekemia and FIV test on him
> because they said his glands under his mouth were way to big(and I agree they
> were huge) well the test came back positive for luekemia and they found out
> he had cancer eating his insides up.
>
> Since Jacks test came back positive and I knew that if Jack had it there was
> a big chance Kahlua could have it too since it is passed between cats if they
> use the same litter box I had them test her too. Unfortunatly hers was
> positive too.
>
> I loved those cats too much to see them suffer anymore. I had to let them put
> them down. But they did promise me they would cremate them together.
>
> It is so hard, I wake up every morning and expect to see them. But I know
> this is better for them.
>
> Once again thank you for all your support on this and may Jack and Kahlua's
> spirit forever live on

I am sorry to hear about your loss.
Why did they suggest euthanasia for Kahlua as well? Was she that sick?

-L.

Prissykitty73 via CatKB.com
March 29th 06, 01:21 PM
-L. wrote:
>> As you all may of read and some of you responded (thank you), I was having
>> some health issues with both Jack and Kahlua. Saturday morning Jack was
>[quoted text clipped - 24 lines]
>> Once again thank you for all your support on this and may Jack and Kahlua's
>> spirit forever live on
>
>I am sorry to hear about your loss.
>Why did they suggest euthanasia for Kahlua as well? Was she that sick?
>
>-L.
yes she was sick too with the luekemia just not the cancer

Lesley
March 29th 06, 01:55 PM
..

> Once again thank you for all your support on this and may Jack and Kahlua's
> spirit forever live on

This is just so heartbreaking....I can't imagine what it must feel like

Thinking of you

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs