PDA

View Full Version : Question about fur

.oO rach Oo.
March 29th 06, 09:00 PM
A few weeks ago, two cats came to the patio door. One is a ginger cat, quite
big and well fed looking, the other - who has the same kind of collar -
looked kind of skinny. They sat there staring in so I felt bad for them and
set out a dish of food. They gobbled it up in seconds and now come by every
day for a meal and then lounge on the deck. Anyway, the skinny one has a
nice coat of fur on its head and almost half way down his body... like a
sweater... the hind part is almost all free of fur. There is the soft under
fur but not much. What could cause this? Since the two cats have the same
collar and only come out during the day, we assume they do have a home. They
don't look like strays or feral. My own two cats don't mind them much but
will stare... no hissing. I would like to try and attach a note to one of
them saying I am feeding them in case their owners are worried they are not
eating as much and to see that the deal is with the fur but they are a bit
skittish when I go to approach them (other than the food bowl I bought
them).

any suggestions are appreciated.

--
..oO rach Oo.

-L.
March 30th 06, 01:56 AM
..oO rach Oo. wrote:
> A few weeks ago, two cats came to the patio door. One is a ginger cat, quite
> big and well fed looking, the other - who has the same kind of collar -
> looked kind of skinny. They sat there staring in so I felt bad for them and
> set out a dish of food. They gobbled it up in seconds and now come by every
> day for a meal and then lounge on the deck. Anyway, the skinny one has a
> nice coat of fur on its head and almost half way down his body... like a
> sweater... the hind part is almost all free of fur. There is the soft under
> fur but not much. What could cause this?

A lion cut? A thyroid problem? Allergy?

Are its hind feet tufted with fur, and the tip of its tail? If so,
it's probably a lion cut that has grown out.

Just keep feeding them. Someone probably owns them and your food is
better...

-L.

IBen Getiner
March 30th 06, 09:51 AM
..oO rach Oo. wrote:
> A few weeks ago, two cats came to the patio door. One is a ginger cat, quite
> big and well fed looking, the other - who has the same kind of collar -
> looked kind of skinny. They sat there staring in so I felt bad for them and
> set out a dish of food. They gobbled it up in seconds and now come by every
> day for a meal and then lounge on the deck. Anyway, the skinny one has a
> nice coat of fur on its head and almost half way down his body... like a
> sweater... the hind part is almost all free of fur. There is the soft under
> fur but not much. What could cause this? Since the two cats have the same
> collar and only come out during the day, we assume they do have a home. They
> don't look like strays or feral. My ow......................

<snip>

They're not yours so don't worry about them. Then you won't go worrying
other folks with this usless problem. Like US...

"Thou shalt not steal"
"Thou shalt not covet"

IBen

Alison
March 30th 06, 02:06 PM
".oO rach Oo." > wrote in message
.. .

.. I would like to try and attach a note to one of
> them saying I am feeding them in case their owners are worried they are
not
> eating as much and to see that the deal is with the fur but they are a
bit
> skittish when I go to approach them (other than the food bowl I bought
> them).
>
> any suggestions are appreciated.
>
> --
> .oO rach Oo.>>

Could you ask around the neighbourhood or put notices up asking the owners
to contact you?
If you believe they belong to someone it's best to stop feeding them.
Alison

deci
March 30th 06, 08:56 PM
On 30 Mar 2006 00:51:16 -0800, "IBen Getiner" >
wrote:

>They're not yours so don't worry about them. Then you won't go worrying
>other folks with this usless problem. Like US...
>
>"Thou shalt not steal"
>"Thou shalt not covet"

At the risk of feeding a Troll

That is probably the most charitable statement I've heard this week.
Do you kick away a cripples sticks as well?

http://www.black-cat-gfx.co.uk/

"A cat is only technically an animal,
being divine" - Robert Lynd

.oO rach Oo.
March 30th 06, 10:04 PM
<deci> wrote in message ...
> On 30 Mar 2006 00:51:16 -0800, "IBen Getiner" >
> wrote:
>>
>>They're not yours so don't worry about them. Then you won't go worrying
>>other folks with this usless problem. Like US...
>>
>>"Thou shalt not steal"
>>"Thou shalt not covet"
>>

> At the risk of feeding a Troll
>
> That is probably the most charitable statement I've heard this week.
> Do you kick away a cripples sticks as well?
>

> http://www.black-cat-gfx.co.uk/
>
> "A cat is only technically an animal,
> being divine" - Robert Lynd

I blocked that idiot years ago so I didn't see the original post. Now that I
have seen it, I could care less.

Sherri
April 1st 06, 04:29 PM
..oO rach Oo. wrote:
> A few weeks ago, two cats came to the patio door. One is a ginger cat, quite
> big and well fed looking, the other - who has the same kind of collar -
> looked kind of skinny. They sat there staring in so I felt bad for them and
> set out a dish of food. They gobbled it up in seconds and now come by every
> day for a meal and then lounge on the deck. Anyway, the skinny one has a
> nice coat of fur on its head and almost half way down his body... like a
> sweater... the hind part is almost all free of fur. There is the soft under
> fur but not much. What could cause this? Since the two cats have the same
> collar and only come out during the day, we assume they do have a home. They
> don't look like strays or feral. My own two cats don't mind them much but
> will stare... no hissing. I would like to try and attach a note to one of
> them saying I am feeding them in case their owners are worried they are not
> eating as much and to see that the deal is with the fur but they are a bit
> skittish when I go to approach them (other than the food bowl I bought
> them).
>
> any suggestions are appreciated.
>
> --
> .oO rach Oo.

I would stop feeding them and try to find the ower.The reason I say to
stop feeding feeding is because they might be on a special diet
food.Since one is overweight. (I have one over weight on diet food from
my vet, and my other is not)

Anna via CatKB.com
April 1st 06, 10:59 PM
>will stare... no hissing. I would like to try and attach a note to one of
>them saying I am feeding them in case their owners are worried they are not
>eating as much and to see that the deal is with the fur but they are a bit
>skittish when I go to approach them (other than the food bowl I bought

You should do this, someone else posted previously advising that they stuck a
note to a cat's collar (took a few days to accomplish as cat was skittish).
Owner called her and let her know that was her cat.