PDA

View Full Version : kitten cold

FireFighter_834
March 31st 06, 12:06 AM
have a kitten that is about oh I'd say a week or so old and she has kind of a cold. is there anything that I can do for her or do I just let her get over it by herself? she is the only kitten that my cat had (made sure that there were no other kittens in her) and she is getting so big because she is the only one. I would be affraid to give her like infant cold medicine since she is so young....if she still has the cold in like another 2 weeks, can I give her like a drop of it or should I still do nothing since she will still be kind of young still?

Gail
March 31st 06, 01:11 AM
She sounds like she has a respiratory infection. Take her to the vet as
kittens can die very easily. She may need antibiotics.
Gail
"FireFighter_834" > wrote in
message ...

> have a kitten that is about oh I'd say a week or so old and she has kind
> of a cold. is there anything that I can do for her or do I just let her
> get over it by herself? she is the only kitten that my cat had (made
> sure that there were no other kittens in her) and she is getting so big
> because she is the only one. I would be affraid to give her like infant
> cold medicine since she is so young....if she still has the cold in
> like another 2 weeks, can I give her like a drop of it or should I
> still do nothing since she will still be kind of young still?
>

> --
> FireFighter_834

Leihla
March 31st 06, 01:45 AM
I agree with Gail, don't try to medicate a kitten yourself.

Frank Pittel
March 31st 06, 02:35 AM
FireFighter_834 > wrote:

: have a kitten that is about oh I'd say a week or so old and she has kind
: of a cold. is there anything that I can do for her or do I just let her
: get over it by herself? she is the only kitten that my cat had (made
: sure that there were no other kittens in her) and she is getting so big
: because she is the only one. I would be affraid to give her like infant
: cold medicine since she is so young....if she still has the cold in
: like another 2 weeks, can I give her like a drop of it or should I
: still do nothing since she will still be kind of young still?

Unfortunatly kittens have a tendency of going from healthy and playfull
to dead quickly with little warning. As a result I've always been quick
to bring my kittens to the vet at any slight sign of sickness or injury.`
--

March 31st 06, 03:07 AM
Vet - quick. And NEVER give your cat human medicine unless the vet tells
you to (exact dosage,when,etc.) Many medicines safe for humans or even dogs
are toxic to cats.

-- maryjane

"FireFighter_834" > wrote in
message ...